Star Trek: Discovery

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well they certainly took a serious left turn with the second half of this season...

As much as I loved Lorca, Emperor Georgiou is who we need right now... Of course this also seems to imply that timeline is all fucked up now too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mirror Universe?!?

Now I actually have to watch this.

Fuck!

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Was I suppose to masterbate during the entire episode and finish when emperor Asian milf stabbityed Mc stabington? Because I did then I was passed out after, don't care.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Ome

Molten Core Raider
This show is moving at warp speed. You go from crazy shit one week to crazier stuff 3 weeks later. Taking twists and turns you usually don't expect from Star Trek, at least not at this pace anyhow. The show to me feels odd in that its a show with a Star Trek skin pulled over, and doesn't feel like your grandpas Star Trek, but I must admit that I enjoy it.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I mean it makes sense, one does not cast Michelle Yeoh and then pussy-foot around with the action choreography.

Was nice seeing Landry back again in Mirror form only to be reminded why no one likes that cylon bitch. Speaking of cylons, Lt Airiam is getting more and more to do as are a few of the other bridge crew. I feel at this point in season 2 they need to flesh out her and helmsman cyborg implant a bit more.

• 1Solidarity

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Love it or hate it, there's no denying that STD's visuals are gorgeous. Oh, and I nerded out when hearing the classic photon-torpedo sound effects.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Hell, that action was better than the movies, never mind the tv shows. Phasers on stun? Ha ha. More like two settings - total disintegration, or holes you can put an arm through. No GI Joe shit here.

They really liked showing off that being behind Yeoh will just get you kicked in the face. And lol when she just kept mowing down the lemmings coming through the door.

Still a shame that Klingons look like they are suffering from a severe allergy to bee stings, since we're going back to that now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Hell, that action was better than the movies, never mind the tv shows. Phasers on stun? Ha ha. More like two settings - total disintegration, or holes you can put an arm through. No GI Joe shit here.

They really liked showing off that being behind Yeoh will just get you kicked in the face. And lol when she just kept mowing down the lemmings coming through the door.

Still a shame that Klingons look like they are suffering from a severe allergy to bee stings, since we're going back to that now.

only hope is in that 6 months they started their genetic testings and have deployed them all to the front line, while the "pure" klingons stepped back to the OG empire areas - so then we get TOS form klingons.

Yeoh was winmode - and I like the fact she knew she could escape and she knew she was done for as the current nameless emperor - but didnt care to, she was going to go down fighting and show them she was no bitch.

Glad she will be back for more and will be giving the federation some teeth.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So the only white straight male in the crew is actually the supreme leader of the evil empire.

Okay.

I will say it's a well done action show. It's not really Star Trek but I'm not sure if today's audiences want Star Trek yet (I think it will come around again). For what it is, a space sci fi with a star trek skin? Pretty well done. But the shows political messaging is just so cringe inducing.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I wonder how admiral psychiatrist will feel about all this...she did sleep with him afterall

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Maybe if you didn't interpret every goddamn thing as a political message you could enjoy harmless entertainment.

If you allow it to be funny instead, their twisted family was like every advertisement for the last 20 some years. White dad, asian mom, black daughter....

Last edited:
  • 3Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Maybe if you didn't interpret every goddamn thing as a political message you could enjoy harmless entertainment.

They literally told people explicitly it was political messaging. You don't need to interpret anything. Maybe if you weren't being god damn obtuse we wouldn't have to have an IOOTI argument every time someone points out the obvious. Christ man, saying the emperor is naked shouldn't be some big controversy. Its cool if it doesn't bother you. It bothers me. If you want to tell me I shouldn't be bothered by it--sure. Don't try to deny reality though. If I was ascribing intent without being told? Again, sure, tell me not to read into it--but that's not what happened.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah, rolled my eyes with the "Make the Empire Glorious Again". Although it does make for a great acronym.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
So the only white straight male in the crew is actually the supreme leader of the evil empire.

Surely you mean 'is a rebellious lackey of the female asian who is actually supreme leader of the evil empire' ?

And really, shouldn't Saru count as a straight white male ? ;p

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Surely you mean 'is a rebellious lackey of the female asian who is actually supreme leader of the evil empire' ?

And really, shouldn't Saru count as a straight white male ? ;p

Nope. The female Asian is already on a redemption Arc, as she herself said she was "a failed emperor". His faction, which he was in control of won the throne. (He just died after taking it.) He's literally the white male who stole an Empire from a brave woman of color.

lol.

• 2Like