Star Trek: Discovery

spronk

FPS noob
this is the greatest time to have kids just so you can show them the naked gun movies, explain to them who OJ Simpson is, then watch the American Crime Story season 1 with them

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
What? That is horrible advice... Just follow the age old adage of "Only the even number ones!"

Star Trek II - Kahn - fucking bad ass
Star Trek IV - Whales - also bad ass
Star Trek VI - Navy Battles and Communism - MAGA
First Contact - Borg - bad ass

Unfortunately First Contact was the last Star Trek movie made, so you'll just have to wait until the series is revitalized.
Sorry, all of the Star Trek movies are fucking awful except for Khan. Can't believe you even mentioned Star Trek VI, was like a bad Agatha Christie novel. First Contact was good with the Borg, but the part on Earth where they're trying to convince the guy to fly his ship at warp speed to make first contact is beyond retarded.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I watched all Star Trek series and still sometimes watch random reruns on TV. Even Star Trek : Enterprise grew on me and i watched it all. The new remake movies suck ass imo: Who needs a crew of unlikable characters in an alternate universe doing dumb shit? If the new series is anything like that, i'll pass.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I am getting a True Detective type vibe. Each season being a full storyline and then moving to another ship/crew/setting the next year.

In the trailer it does say... New CrewS. Not new Crew...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am getting a True Detective type vibe. Each season being a full storyline and then moving to another ship/crew/setting the next year.

In the trailer it does say... New CrewS. Not new Crew...
Noticed that as well, and honestly it might not be a bad idea.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Noticed that as well, and honestly it might not be a bad idea.
It sounds like a great way to ensure that every season lives up to the exceedingly high standards set by the first season of any scifi series.

rolleyes.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It sounds like a great way to ensure that every season lives up to the exceedingly high standards set by the first season of any scifi series.

rolleyes.png
Yea, the chemistry is basically awful in the first season of all the Trek series.

Oldbased

> Than U
God, I watched Encounter at Farpoint and some others of TNG a few weeks back and I remembered back to the 80s when I watched it on TV on release.
Back then I was so hyped for Star Trek I loved it, but watching it again now I wondered how the series didn't get canceled off the bat.
Everything was night and day compared to say a season 3 episode. Acting, chemistry, even special effects, sound and lighting all vastly improved.

Still sad Tera Nova got canceled in season 1. I think all Sci-fis should be 2-3 seasons minimal. Short version I agree with Palum. Season 1 is just awkward for any cast in any series to begin with. Expect bad, look at the basics to determine possibility.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Networks today can't see potential, they can only see current numbers. They don't know how to let a show grow. Limitless got canned, there is no chance this makes it.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea, the chemistry is basically awful in the first season of all the Trek series.
Yeah, put me in for the "this sounds like a terrible idea" as far as a new crew/ship every season. TNG would have sucked if they had ditched JLP and crew after just one season. Part of the Star Trek allure is the sentiment that gets built for the characters over time.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
God, I watched Encounter at Farpoint and some others of TNG a few weeks back and I remembered back to the 80s when I watched it on TV on release.
Back then I was so hyped for Star Trek I loved it, but watching it again now I wondered how the series didn't get canceled off the bat.
Everything was night and day compared to say a season 3 episode. Acting, chemistry, even special effects, sound and lighting all vastly improved.

Still sad Tera Nova got canceled in season 1. I think all Sci-fis should be 2-3 seasons minimal. Short version I agree with Palum. Season 1 is just awkward for any cast in any series to begin with. Expect bad, look at the basics to determine possibility.
I saw that episode at a convention in Tampa as a 15 year old. It was fun but i thought it wouldn't last. Thank god it got better.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
We just got a family pic of us (a few hours ago) with Shatner at the Dallas Comic Con. He talked to my kids a little, and he gave me a fistbump. I think I'm now a better person by 15%. I felt power go out from him.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We just got a family pic of us (a few hours ago) with Shatner at the Dallas Comic Con. He talked to my kids a little, and he gave me a fistbump. I think I'm now a better person by 15%. I felt power go out from him.
That's pretty awesome.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's pretty awesome.
My first Comic Con in 20 years was at the KC one. Since then, I've been on a tear, getting family pics to frame in the mancave. So far, it's been Stan Lee, Manu Bennett, William Shatner, the current Dr. Who, Jon Bernthal (Punisher) and Joffrey. You can tell the ones that are into the culture and the ones that are just in it for a paycheck. We went to go get a family pic with Iris from the Flash, and you could tell she wasn't into it. We turned right back around with her. Maybe she has some sort of social disorder?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I never thought to get pictures at other cons. Its been quite a while since I have been to a comic or gaming con. Phone's didn't have the camera's they have now days and digital was fairly new. A 3mp digital camera was pretty good at the time.

iannis

Musty Nester
It could work, but the writing has to be there. It's a bold strategy, cotton.

A big part of Star Trek is the chemistry between the crew/actors. But it can also drag them down. You have episodes that use that chemistry as a crutch, and you're not really watching Star Trek you're watching Days of our Lives: In SPACE.

But then you have every Quark episode EVER in which he plays the greedy space jew with a hidden heart of gold pressed latinum... and i'm ok with the occasional Friendzone Bashir pines over Dax... again.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
It could work, but the writing has to be there. It's a bold strategy, cotton.

A big part of Star Trek is the chemistry between the crew/actors. But it can also drag them down. You have episodes that use that chemistry as a crutch, and you're not really watching Star Trek you're watching Days of our Lives: In SPACE.

But then you have every Quark episode EVER in which he plays the greedy space jew with a hidden heart of gold pressed latinum... and i'm ok with the occasional Friendzone Bashir pines over Dax... again.
But they shoot Vorta Iggy Pop in the chest! That shit is fantastic.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
When I watched Game of Thrones for the first time and saw the leader of the Dorns I was like OMG ITS BASHIR and my wife looked at me like I was crazy.
She never watched DS:9.