Star Trek - Into Darkness

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Guess it wasn't Quicktime, it was my shitty browser that was stopping it. Time to get rid of it.

Also, trailer and extended cut preview looked great.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
20130204.png

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Oh god I have such a man crush on Karl Urban. He is second only to Nathan Fillion in my fantasy hetero bro mate for life list ...which I'm sure everyone has.

But Urban just nailed McCoy. I'd say the first movie captured the spirit of Trek and the essence of most of the characters, but only Karl SOLD me on his. He was Bones from the first time he opened his mouth to almost throw up. I hope he gets a bit more screen time this go round.

Greyskye_sl

shitlord
I'm very likely wrong but one of the trailers has a quick shot of what looks like a cargo bay full of cryo chambers with people in them. I wonder if we are going to see some version of a Khan and his 'family' being the villian(s) in this one after all.

Siliconemelons

To me it makes sence its Kahn and he returned to earth and has been getting into the ranks of the Federation etc etc

Also during the 15min or whatever the extended clip is we see people taking their sick kid to some place for a desperate maybe law breaking medical proceadure to save him- aka genetic manipulation... as much as JJ and others want to be like "oh its not kahn!" its Kahn...untill they announce it offically...its Kahn... and if its not Kahn then oh well... but the speculations of who it may be other than Kahn make less sence than Kahn, sans its a100% new villan and not some "linked to old trek" type person.

nuday

Golden Squire
It's not Kahn. Empire's latest officially names him "John Harrison". He's a former federation officer turned terrorist.

Siliconemelons

It's not Kahn. Empire's latest officially names him "John Harrison". He's a former federation officer turned terrorist.
That name has been thrown around and really, I am not buying it- it always has quotes " " around the name... and the fact that the latest trailer still didnt directly say who it was. If the "leak" of the name etc was true they would have ditched the whole "keep it secret, keep it safe" on all trailers/interviews etc and just said it already-

nuday

Golden Squire
There are no quotations around the name in the magazine. It's got a 7 page article about the movie and references him as Harrison a few times. That being said, it is entirely possible, and likely, that there will be some third-act "reveal" that his name is really Kahn. Article also mentions more relationship stuff between Uhura and Spock, which worries me a bit.