Star Trek: Lower Decks

Oldbased

> Than U
My review.
In the first minute I was upset it was only 28 minutes long.
By minute 5 I was upset I still had 23 minutes of this shit.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Star Trek: Lower Decks. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Ensign Mariner's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Lower Decks truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Mariner's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Mike McMahan's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Lower Decks tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

-Stolen from reddit havent watched lol

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It was definitely a pilot episode, all about setting up the situation for the situation comedy. Most of it was common enough humor stuff and would probably have been funnier if the same jokes had not been told, better, on Robot Chicken.

I did like some of the digs at how stupidly exceptional it seems senior staff are, as well as pointing out how much of the ship seems to be just random extraneous rooms.

The 'twist' with the main chick and the captain was easily seen a mile off. I do like the doctor though as she seems delightfully annoyed at everything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
When did this even take place?
In TNG the transporter had a bio filter to remove microbes and viral things and prior to that bio signatures would have detected it.
Guess that reddit high IQ forgot about that.

Cybsled

Some major Trek lore nerds did acknowledge that the ships aren't 100% efficient and there is waste that can't be recycled. Bio filters also haven't been 100% effective in some shows, usually for plot reasons.

Oldbased

> Than U
I guess my point was they just didn't have people writing who knew Star Trek at all. Low level people beaming down tools and farm supplies unknown? Zombie virus transports? It goes on and on.
I would expect "lower levels" to be more like Orville type banter. That at least fits into Star Trek and how people sometimes got out of line from the elites officers.
Star Trek is a fucking gold mine of source material at this point for jokes. This show didn't make any.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It's set shortly after the TNG movies from what I can tell. So still way before Picard.

• 1Picard

Oldbased

> Than U
That makes it even more retarded.
From Star Trek Wiki
Starfleet transporters from the TNG era onward include a device that can detect and disable an active weapon (TNG: "The Most Toys"), and a bio-filter to remove contagious microbes or viruses from an individual in transport (TNG: "Shades of Gray", TOS: "The Naked Time").

My latest free month goes till the 28th which is like my 4th free month in a row so I will watch another episode or two but I don't think its for me.
I love stuff like The Orville although Hulu promptly canceled it after this next and last season.
I even liked Discovery, despite all the SJW stuff and the many plot flaws.
CBS seems determined to just be free this year. If you cancel only a week or two goes by before they throw in another month free.( ad free prem even )

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is terrible. It's closer to Crybabies magic tears than Star Trek.

Not only are the characters cliche and unfunny, the plot also stinks.

I'm not torrenting episode 2.

Last edited:

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Going to make the wife watch episode 1 with me, will edit and report back later. I'm predicting it wasn't worth torrenting.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Kind of annoying and unfunny. Was this animated by the same people who did Final Space?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

So this pile of garbage is based off of one of the very best TNG episodes. Once more the cynical assholes who write modern Trek do not understand what made the episode great and instead shat out terribly shallow, self referential humor.

This is bad.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
1633399352948.png

facepalm2.jpg

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wokesters destroy all they touch. And Star Trek has always been woke to begin with.

• 1Rustled