Star Trek Online

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Is someone actually starting a fleet for this? I have a f2p character I haven't played in a while who could hop in and contribute a bit.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Thinking about it. My issue is I have a new kid at home, so finding play time without interruption is tough, but I am more than happy to help set one up.

Cyrus probably would join as well.

I had fun till i hit 50 , not really digging the end game in this. But sure did have fun till that point , its free so you would be a fool to not give this a shot if you havent since the beta like i have.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
I had fun till i hit 50 , not really digging the end game in this. But sure did have fun till that point , its free so you would be a fool to not give this a shot if you havent since the beta like i have.
Yeah i have a 50 too. Might be worth getting a little board fleet/guild whatever setup just to grind on a guild house/starbase. Stupid terminology. I can't track what is what in what game anymore.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Tried to re-download it via steam. Had to make a Perfect World account but it still says my password is invalid. Dunno wtf is the problem.

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
Tried to re-download it via steam. Had to make a Perfect World account but it still says my password is invalid. Dunno wtf is the problem.
Also had a problem with my old Cryptic account. Their website method of linking Perfect World and Cryptic accounts didn't work, had to log in thru the launcher and then it worked no idea why. This was their customer support solution they sent me so I think it is a common problem

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I had problems with my accounts too. I got a 'user banned' message during the migration to PW from Cryptic. Didn't bother to try and get that resolved since I could still log into STO (put in my quarterly appearance for all of 30 minutes as a lifetime sucker). Neverwinter beta rolls around and I also notice now that STO uses PW accounts... and im screwed all around. A few emails to CS and it magically works even though they claimed they didn't do anything to ban/unban me.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I played this a bit with a new character and then, once I got the new systems straight, played my level 45 and got to 50 in a matter of like 90 mins. Once there I realized why 45-50 was so incredibly fast : there are zero level 50 ships you can get without paying cash or having a fleet etc.

"Well played" I think to myself and browse the store to see what ship looks cool figuring I'll plunk a couple bucks down and get one. Finally pick one out and go to load up some in-game currency figuring that 2500 Zen ~ $5 or so. Nope. 2500 Zen = $25. "Twenty five bucks for a single ship?!?!" I exclaim and promptly log out.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The thing is, unlike other games where you're hopping between gear and such, a ship is a long term investment. I'm still using my Intrepid I got years ago, as well as my raptor I got for my Klingon character. So $25 in my mind is reasonable. And I'm the first to yell murder when I see Cash shop prices in games. Rarely will you be switching ships on the fly since you build your character, Boffs, etc. around that ship. Think of your ship as your "Character". Of course if you're the type that likes switching ships a lot then yes $25 is a bit much. Also, the level 41 (or what ever it is, is still viable.

The only slightly better ship is a Fleet Ship (however that can be argued).

The only cash shop ships I'd say are not worth it are the lower tier ones like the alternate Nova and such.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
I'm updating tonight. Is there a board fleet or whatever? If not I'll look into making one and we can slowly grind stuff whenever we're board of everything else.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
is the F2P model pretty good for this? I'm a giant trek nerd and have never played it.
For free? If you're a Trek nerd? You should totally play it. The ship combat is shades of star fleet battles and the ships look great and the quests have many nods to trek storylines and characters. The game is by no means GREAT, but for the price of on the house? Worth every penny.