Star Trek: Picard

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I’ve been rewatching TNG .

i didn't realize Beverly had so many romances

I miss Star Trek shows in the old “non serial” format, the random episodes are some of the most fun… it’s like now they feel they have to have a filler episode as a setup for the next story episode , but back then the randomness didn’t take away from a story arc episode at all

TNG feels more impactful with its Federation cultural points than DS9 or voyager . It was the point perhaps of both those other shows , as DS9 was all about “grey” and voyager was all about 70k light years from the federation.

I forgot that the romulans were the “big constant evil” for much of TNG ( replaced Klingons I guess ?)

Still feel there should have been more Klingon episodes, although DS9 crushed that

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was Vadic being literal when she said her changeling brethren were trapped in their human forms? They can still seem to change appearance and the one on the Titan had its own container buy she did seem to imply they were being forced/punished to work for this entity.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Fell down a youtube rabbit hole this weekend, came across this podcast with episodes from Wheaton talking about his book and being abused and exploited by his parents, and another with Frakes that is great. Liked this IGN interview too.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Hmmm

So Jack can speak into people’s minds and gets red eyes. I think the Pah Wraith theory is getting stronger. The head Vadic spoke with literally started to cook her body, which suggests powerful non-coporreal

What if they tried to make their own Sisko? Getting their version of the Emissary would explain why he has such importance. Maybe he is the key to freeing them from their prison in the fire caves. Fucking cliff hangers.

Was nice seeing Tuvok, even if it was a fake one lol. The rogue Changlings being a Section 31 project makes some sense, also. I did like how she called out that Starfleet didn’t want to give the cure and Odo had to take the initiative to do it

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
The writing is really good . ( can’t believe I said that , ) not speaking of dialogue but the tie in to dominion war is just cool
As F and Vaddic is a cool tragic character.

Nicely done .

And what about Spiner acting ! It could be the best in the show .

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

The DS9 epilogue plotlines have been a huge draw for me thus far to be sure. Even little things, like they hid out in leftover wreckage from that battle where the Breen weapons owned the allied fleet and the original Defiant was destroyed

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
The DS9 epilogue plotlines have been a huge draw for me thus far to be sure. Even little things, like they hid out in leftover wreckage from that battle where the Breen weapons owned the allied fleet and the original Defiant was destroyed
I missed that!

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fell down a youtube rabbit hole this weekend, came across this podcast with episodes from Wheaton talking about his book and being abused and exploited by his parents, and another with Frakes that is great. Liked this IGN interview too.

i'm not big into podcasts, but i tend to watch michael rosenbaum fairly regularly. he doesn't get nearly as much credit as he deserves, in my opinion

spronk

FPS noob
I do wonder how the show is for people who didn't watch TNG, I can't imagine anyone not deeply into Trek lore understanding what the hell the changlings are or the dominion war or why any of it matters to Picard. For fans of just TNG its also gotta be hard to follow since TNG was over before the dominion war started. I enjoy it all but its pretty weird to be folding so much of DS9 into this show while also barely acknowledging DS9 even exists - its been all Voyager cameos so far.

One weird thing that seemed like it would have been an easy setup was to make Beverly Crusher one of the scientists who experimented on changlings to develop a weapon, sure it sorta breaks her character a bit but ties much neater into why she ran away and what she was afraid of all these years. The whole "I ran away and didn't tell anyone because people keep attacking you, Picard" is such a retarded back story for her character. She fucked a space ghost!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
That would have been a nice element of tragedy. Not enough was said about how the Dominion war really wrecked everything in the Alpha quadrant. It's really a shame that the TNG movies of the period didn't feed off that more.

• 2Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I was today years old when I learned that the person playing Vadic was honeybunny in Pulp Fiction. Now I can at least stop wondering why she looks so familiar.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
RLM dropped reviews of 5-7 today

and 2-4 earlier if you missed it like me

• 2Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am still enjoying this. This at least has me curious as to what Jack actually is harboring. It was nice seeing the old crew together. I am still waiting on the Enterprise.

• 2Like

Cybsled

They are dragging out the Jack thing, but Troi did give us more clues

1) All consuming darkness
2) Ancient and Weak
3) It is swirling around Jack vs actually being a part of Jack

Plus the red door was literally giving off black smoke in the vision and has multiple voices. I still think Pah Wraiths are likely - they need Jack to free them from their imprisonment

I’m struggling to think of any other known Trek entity that would fit. Unless they try to claim the black goo that killed Tasha somehow stowed away inside Picard, but that feels like a reach

Chris

Potato del Grande
They are dragging out the Jack thing, but Troi did give us more clues

1) All consuming darkness
2) Ancient and Weak
3) It is swirling around Jack vs actually being a part of Jack

Plus the red door was literally giving off black smoke in the vision and has multiple voices. I still think Pah Wraiths are likely - they need Jack to free them from their imprisonment

I’m struggling to think of any other known Trek entity that would fit. Unless they try to claim the black goo that killed Tasha somehow stowed away inside Picard, but that feels like a reach
So Pah Wraiths did immaculate conception with Beverly Crusher to make a fake Picard son? Why Picard, he wasn't in the Dominion War? What the fuck.

Is this worse than Young Guinan summoning Q via Voodoo?

Cybsled

Sisko did hate Picard, initially at least. Don’t forget he was in the pilot episode of DS9

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Nice way of squeezing Tasha Yar into the episode with the memory of the hologram crystal.

Having them all sitting around the conference table was pretty damn badass. Though if I was one of the Titan officers I'd be pretty pissed at how many crew got killed in this whole mess for these fossils (barring the whole Frontier Day mess)

• 2Like