Star Trek: Picard

Cybsled

I saw a good theory online

Remember when Odo got punished and turned into a solid? I recall that Bashir did medical scans and basically confirmed he was human. But Odo was able to become a changeling again when he absorbs that wounded changeling

Since the great link could do that to Odo, what would stop them from replicating that themselves? They clearly had the ability to give Odo blood, organs, etc

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I saw a good theory online

Remember when Odo got punished and turned into a solid? I recall that Bashir did medical scans and basically confirmed he was human. But Odo was able to become a changeling again when he absorbs that wounded changeling

Since the great link could do that to Odo, what would stop them from replicating that themselves? They clearly had the ability to give Odo blood, organs, etc
Also given jacks little premonition of the transporter room, maybe thats how they replace people? Maybe there is tech to use transporters to beam normies, and materlize a changeling.

Or somehow it fuses the DNA into the changelings, which is why they are able to hold form and they look way more "gorey" in liquid form.

Cybsled

That’s possible as well. That vision of people screaming in the transporter did seem odd - unless it was a warning of sorts

His visions do seem all over the place and it is still a mystery on what is going on with him. He basically went Jason Borne on that part in the hallway, like it was more programming.

The current popular theories are:
1) Something to do with the Pah Wraiths since his eyes were red in some visions and their visions were red themed. Doesn’t make much sense from a Picard connection, although I could see the Changeling interest since the Prophets fucked over the Dominion
2) He is part Borg (since Picard was the father) and the visions are attempts by the hive mind to connect. Doesn’t seem to make sense since he lacks implants and that means Borg nanites would have ignored Beverly and just influenced the fetus? Not sure what changeling interest would be here, though

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Man, if they do a Pah Wraith thing and have Avery Brooks cameo back I will be fucking over the moon.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Man, if they do a Pah Wraith thing and have Avery Brooks cameo back I will be fucking over the moon.

Sisko returns in the DS9 relaunch novels! Stop watching this nerd show and buy some way, way nerdier books you gigantic fucking nerd.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

The relaunch novels started off good, but that started to get less unified as time went on

Stitch in Time (the Garak one) was probably the best of the batch and actually written by Andrew Robinson

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
no one gives a shit about star trek novels.

There are some alright ones but they indeed quite niche.

1678995874521.png

I've been told the post-return Voyager novels are godawful.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Sisko returns in the DS9 relaunch novels! Stop watching this nerd show and buy some way, way nerdier books you gigantic fucking nerd.
Gonna buy and read these. If they suck I'm gonna kirk double axe handle you in the dick.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

The relaunch novels are noted on one of the ST wikis. Some are side stories and some are main story. Like for example there is a whole novella devoted to Rom as Grand Nagus.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
What the fuck were they doing with season 1 - 2, assuming writers changed ?

maybe they realized the old guy didn’t have the Vision ….

it’s like night and day …..

Another good episode , intense !

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
really enjoying this season, prob best trek since Ds9. Ds9 still slaps so hard. Really like the current show runner Terry Matalas, he is super active on twitter talking to the fans, so hopefully we see more trek from him. he just gets it.
Ya it’s pretty amazing when you go back and watch DS9 how ahead of its time it was .

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What the fuck were they doing with season 1 - 2, assuming writers changed ?

maybe they realized the old guy didn’t have the Vision ….

it’s like night and day …..

Another good episode , intense !

Showrunner and executive producer changed last minute for Season 3.

Which was a complete 180 reversal of the creatives behind Picard.

Theories differ on why that is. Some people said it was from pushback and CBS. CBS executives had started to get annoyed with the current direction of Trek, they were on the record saying Star Trek isn't where they want it to be. So that's definitely part of it. Strange New Worlds and Picard S3 were a direct response to pressure from CBS.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm guess I'm not making a major revelation here, and if I'm right it's a damn shame they ruined it with the previews from months ago....

The "sophisticated AI' they referred to a few times? It's Moriarty.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Theories differ on why that is. Some people said it was from pushback and CBS. CBS executives had started to get annoyed with the current direction of Trek, they were on the record saying Star Trek isn't where they want it to be. So that's definitely part of it. Strange New Worlds and Picard S3 were a direct response to pressure from CBS.

Ya, the current showrunner was the guy behind the 12 Monkeys TV show. It's a shame Picard wasn't like this from season 1 and onward. Season 3 is basically what everyone thought the show was going to be when the Picard series was first announced.

I'm guess I'm not making a major revelation here, and if I'm right it's a damn shame they ruined it with the previews from months ago....

The "sophisticated AI' they referred to a few times? It's Moriarty.

It's either Moriarty or Lore. We know Lore shows up as well. If Lore was the AI defense for the institute, Moriarty being the key to get in makes sense since Moriarty was literally created as a foe to defeat Data.

Although Lore working on behalf of the Federation seems...odd. It's not like you could trust him lol

• 2Like

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider

Well glad it happened. It’s more than just nastalgia , sure there is that but it’s suspenseful , I get annoyed at each episode ending cause I want more .

season 1 was Ok , but season 2 was the worst shitpile disaster..I couldn’t even watch it.

Patrick Stewart and jonathan frakes performances are improving as the season goes on , which were a little stiff early on . Especially this episode it’s like “the rust is off

Go TNG team .

of course , worried getting a little excited now and next week will prolly suck lol

wtb more “Commander Roe”

btw: where is Geordi

Cybsled

In the teaser trailer for S3 of Picard, I think it was Geordi that recognized Lore. I suspect Geordi will run into Worf/Raffi when they head to Daystrom, then connect with the rest of the crew after that

ShakyJake

<Donor>
It's either Moriarty or Lore. We know Lore shows up as well. If Lore was the AI defense for the institute, Moriarty being the key to get in makes sense since Moriarty was literally created as a foe to defeat Data.

Although Lore working on behalf of the Federation seems...odd. It's not like you could trust him lol
Yes, the more I think about it, I believe you're right that it's Lore. Picard brings out Moriarty to counteract him. Remember, during that second-season episode of TNG, Pulaski made a mistake and asked the holodeck computer to create an opponent capable of "defeating Data" rather than specifically requesting "Sherlock Holmes." It certainly makes sense for Moriarty to be brought back online to defeat Lore since he's essentially Data.