Star Trek: Picard

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wait, so that supernova was traveling to Romulus for five hundred years and it still snuck up on them? An exploding star doesn't explode faster than the speed of light so 500 light years is minimum 500 years of travel time.

Maybe they all deserved to die.
You have to read the comic book and the related Star Trek Online missions!

Something about it being destroyed on purpose and planets orbiting it having special minerals which made it go warp boom.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't know if its movies Picard either so I'm still not watching it.

We need a full opinion after someone sees the entire season like Dom said.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What I mean is, what if its not movies picard nor show picard.

That's a possibility and would be a deal-breaker for me.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What I mean is, what if its not movies picard nor show picard.

That's a possibility and would be a deal-breaker for me.
I'm pretty sure show picard is long dead. Movie Picard exsists partly because Stewart was tired of being show Picard and wanted to be more action captain.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
The Baku were on a Federation planet and there was an agreement made with the Sona, their cousins, regarding resources. This treaty had Federation approval. The Baku were not native to that planet.

The Indians were on a Federation planet and there was an agreement made with the Cardassians to turn over that planet with Federation approval. The Indians were not natives either.

In one of these stories Picard picks duty and browbeats the fuck out of Wesley for doing what he thinks is right. In the other of these stories Picard picks milf space elf pussy over duty. It's actually worse in Insurrection as we're told that the ring around the planet has vast exploitable medical benefits and the Federation is currently at war with the Dominion. Son'a tech and the ring in conjunction could easily save lives.
yes, I won’t go far as to say the writing was meant to show Picard evolved to distrust starfleet ... would anyone? Seems a bit more random, but with the Romulus story they kinda make it feel that way.. prime directive.... sometimes applies... shouldn’t they just let Romulus die if they followed to the letter ?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Prime Directive primarily exists to keep us out of meddling with pre-warp civilizations. When someone actually breaks the warp barrier (or is about to) the Federation gets the ball rolling on diplomatic involvement as those people are about to enter a much bigger universe than they knew existed. There's an episode where Riker gets captured in an undercover mission on a planet just about to hit warp one technology.

Now, if the Romulan government formally told everyone to get fucked and that the situation was under control than it would be meddling in their internal affairs to give them help they don't want and didn't ask for. Meddling in internal affairs is a hard no-go. If the Romulan Empire asked for help than no one is going to be able to claim that the Prime Directive prevents the Federation from helping. It wouldn't.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
shouldn’t they just let Romulus die if they followed to the letter ?

Wouldn't make sense with all the episodes they were trying to help some civilization out from some disaster or another, or advancing a new tech.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The episode where Data is communicating with a little girl on a doomed planet Picard tells Data to cut the communication and is 100% prepared to just nope right the fuck out and let that whole world explode right up until the voice starts asking for help.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ya, Prime Directive only applies to Pre-Warp. The idea is they don't want to interfere because it could negatively impact and alter the course of a developing civilization in unintended ways.

Orville plays around with this concept during the episode where they think Kelly is a god and their entire culture develops around the religion they created for her for centuries.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
That episode today would involve Troi crying about needing to do better, a mixed race Crusher (who is her wife. Also fuck redheads) holding her while blaming Picard for being a weapon of a biased system, Data citing endless stats about the evils of man, Geordi hobbling around bumping into furniture because using a visor would be ableist, Picard talking to nazi caricatures when reporting to Starfleet, Riker in the background asking a tranny-race person for permission to hit on it, and a white Worf growling and being a toxic male while throwing furniture around.

I mean, that would be so much better than the incredible nuanced debate we got covering both sides in the episode

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
The episode where Data is communicating with a little girl on a doomed planet Picard tells Data to cut the communication and is 100% prepared to just nope right the fuck out and let that whole world explode right up until the voice starts asking for help.

I like that about TNG, picard was almost always right but sometimes he was too much of a hardass and his set of ethics didn't solve -every- situation in a good way.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think the little girl episode is the one where everyone sits in the ready room musing on whether or not they should stop a planet from exploding and you just want to punch everyone.

"Well what if it was an evil dictator instead?"

IT'S NOT AN EVIL DICTATOR IT'S A PLANET WITH A DILITHIUM CASCADE REACTION THAT YOU CAN 100% FIX AND NO ONE THERE WILL EVEN KNOW. And Riker with the "maybe they're fated to die? Maybe we shouldn't buck fate?"

Image result for slap your shit

All and all tame for what Voyager would give us.

• 1Worf

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
1b23e14a9c35264a053669d6d69609ef.jpg

if i was forced to choose 3 favorite characters i'd choose 7of9, the doctor and ...the ship

Is the doctor holding a butt plug?

• 6Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
both Janeway and Picard were fairly inconsistent when it came to the prime directive. They waffled between bleeding heart and stone cold hardass. There were only a handful of DS9 episodes that mentioned the prime directive so it was't really an issue for Sisko, and Kirk just did whatever he wanted.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1b23e14a9c35264a053669d6d69609ef.jpg

if i was forced to choose 3 favorite characters i'd choose 7of9, the doctor and ...the ship

Reminder they were going to kill off Harry Kim until Wong was voted one of People Magazine's Most Beautiful People. Their next choice to create room for Jeri Ryan was firing Kess even though the audience fucking HATED Nelix. At least George Lucas, upon facing fan backlash about Jar-Jar, scaled him back Attack of the Clones. Voyager went no fuck you we're ditching his capable cute girlfriend instead.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Janeway wasn't just inconsistent, she was bi-polar in her approach to it. She was a one-woman wrecking ball crashing through an entire quadrant fucking up everything in her wake, yet still acting righteous and doing exactly the opposite of what she would preach.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users