Star Trek: Picard

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

The only show that was ever really consistent about the Prime Directive was TOS, and that consistency was Kirk ignoring however he saw fit.

A little lower down in that link

"Helping a society escape a natural disaster known to the society, even if inaction would result in a society's extinction, unless the society has warp technology and has formally requested aid."

I guess the question could be raised on whether the Romulans formally requested aid, but that probably clears up any other time they were assisting a species with something, including Klingons in Star Trek VI.

Malakriss

Did they really need a "This facility has gone 5843 days without an assimilation" sign?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Things I had issues with:
  • Poop hair dude
  • Biker helmet Romulans
  • "Activating"
  • Hearing the words "cool" and "dude"
  • Picard's dialog being complete Q&A
  • Picard making wild guesses out of thin air
  • Memberberries. It was cool seeing the captain's yacht, something we had never actually seen before.
  • Earl Grey, hot... DECAF WHAT THE FUCK.
Things I liked:
  • Picard's performance during the interview
  • Visual "polish"
  • The dog
  • Story (the potential)
  • That I didn't absolutely hate it

Patrick Stewart really looks old as fuck in full HD. But he's actually surprisingly agile and fit in real life. They made him a bit too... old. And it's going to be jarring when he "gets back in shape" and starts running around and shit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Curious y'alls thoughts on Voyager, strange for me it's become possibly my favorite.
Same. It's easiest for me to rewatch. I've seen TNG so many times, I scroll through the episodes, read the titles, and I'm like, "This is the one with such and such." DS9 makes me hate it the more times I watch it. It has really great characters and story, but Kira just seems to ruin any scene she's in. No one in Voyager flat out annoys me. Kira is like poison. ENT is arch heavy, so not as easy to chew on. Not much of TOS to rewatch, but will every once and a while. The cartoon I have a couple of episodes I really enjoy. The giant cat and the alternate reality/satan episodes. I haven't even watched season 2 of Discovery.

Seven of Nine's arch was awesome. Love everything Borg and it was filled with it. The Doctor was an incredible character as well. I also liked Tom and B'elanna surprisingly. The ship was also a beast. That spunky little bitch survived some crazy shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Same. It's easiest for me to rewatch. I've seen TNG so many times, I scroll through the episodes, read the titles, and I'm like, "This is the one with such and such." DS9 makes me hate it the more times I watch it. It has really great characters and story, but Kira just seems to ruin any scene she's in. No one in Voyager flat out annoys me. Kira is like poison. ENT is arch heavy, so not as easy to chew on. Not much of TOS to rewatch, but will every once and a while. The cartoon I have a couple of episodes I really enjoy. The giant cat and the alternate reality/satan episodes. I haven't even watched season 2 of Discovery.

Seven of Nine's arch was awesome. Love everything Borg and it was filled with it. The Doctor was an incredible character as well. I also liked Tom and B'elanna surprisingly. The ship was also a beast. That spunky little bitch survived some crazy shit.

Exactly what I have noticed. Voyager I watch over and over, was true for TNG for many years but now I just cant deal with it as much. Ds9 has its moments, but there are some pretty epic battles/threats in voyager, Borg stuff if course is awesome.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like Voyager was a roller coaster of quality, lots of great episodes but lots of terrible ones. DS-9 was more level, not as many stand-out episodes but a lot fewer stinkers too.

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Voyager only had one stand out the episode for me (Blink of an Eye) and I absolutely hated the final. The series was okay at best for me.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Patrick Stewart really looks old as fuck in full HD. But he's actually surprisingly agile and fit in real life. They made him a bit too... old. And it's going to be jarring when he "gets back in shape" and starts running around and shit.

There was no choice unless they are going to have someone dub his lines.

His voice would be uncanny if they made him look any younger. He has the delivery and inflection of a 100 year old man now.

the cracking is intense.

Merrith

I feel like Voyager was a roller coaster of quality, lots of great episodes but lots of terrible ones. DS-9 was more level, not as many stand-out episodes but a lot fewer stinkers too.

Oddly enough, watching TNG on shit like BBC America you realize how true of that series this is. The amount of bad Troi or Geordi episodes, along with random other ones really drag sometimes. Voyager had less of those that stood out as that level of cringe. I agree with whoever mentioned Kira being an issue in DS9 as well. Don't hate her, but you realize how much you just want Dax, Quark, Odo, good Sisko, and Worf in later years.

Watched 2nd episode, like how they're fleshing out some of the plot. We'll see how it progresses. I did think it was odd how capable his one Romulan caretaker was, but I guess given her knowledge of things, it sort of made sense.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Tom Paris got the Andy from the Office treatment as his character just gets worse and worse until he's a dickbag. Also, Belanna was pretty hot.

Even new movie Kirk ignores the Prime Directive. Only Janeway or Picard ever really gave a shit. Riker was more woke, trying to free slaves and fuck trannies.

Cybsled

The one Voyager episode I liked was when a backup of the Doctor activated in an alien museum hundreds of years in the future and finds out the historical understanding of Voyager was they were evil space Nazis.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The one Voyager episode I liked was when a backup of the Doctor activated in an alien museum hundreds of years in the future and finds out the historical understanding of Voyager was they were evil space Nazis.

That was one I was going to mention. Basically any doctor heavy episode was good, and most of the seven heavy episodes.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Quark/Odo/Garak and later Dumar were my standouts.

Also one of my favorite Star Trek actors is probably Jeffrey Combs. Everything he does is brilliant.

• 2Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Curious y'alls thoughts on Voyager, strange for me it's become possibly my favorite.

It's second behind TOS for me. Kess/Neelix were the most annoying parts of the show, but nowhere near Wesley level of cringe, and the former eventually gets written out. The doctor, seven of nine, and to a lesser extent Tuvok/Kim made the show. I honestly can't think of any major storyline arc that was truly bad -- the Caretaker was good, the Borg storyline, and the organ stealing aliens come to mind. It also has some of the best individual episodes of any Star Trek imho-- Eye of the Needle, The Equinox, Deadlock, Scorpion, Timeless, and especially Year of Hell all come to mind.. A lot of their two part episodes were great.

iannis

Musty Nester
Dumar was excellent. Straight villian to still a villian but maybe he's not hitler back to straight villian.

They gave you a way to understand his perspective but he was still evil and they never really redeemed him.

Some dudes is just fuckin dicks.

I've never been able to enjoy voyager. Oddly, Janeway doesn't super annoy me. But it's probably because i've never watched the show's arcs just episodes here and there.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

i remember reading a while back that ensign ro was supposed to be the kira on DS9 but she didn't accept the role. (why? thats pretty much a staring role)