Star Trek: Picard

iannis

Musty Nester
Fine fine, I liked Dukat.

Dumar was that commie that used to post here, he wasn't even on star trek.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I realized I missed a few things while watching this afternoon, including
Picard's terminal illness
after watching Will Weaton follow up to episode 2. Made it more juicy ;)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I realized I missed a few things while watching this afternoon, including
Picard's terminal illness
after watching Will Weaton follow up to episode 2. Made it more juicy ;)
he's almost 80, a fucking papercut is terminal

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
this show is literally anti-Star Trek and anyone who thinks it's good needs to be signed up for a nice and long gulag stint.

• 4Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Alexander Hilary Kurtzman (born September 7, 1973) is an American film and television writer, producer, and director. He is best known for executive producing the Star Trek franchise since 2009, co-writing the scripts to Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 with his writing and producing partner Roberto Orci, and directing and co-writing The Mummy

They then co-wrote the 2009 film Star Trek, having never seen an episode of the show before.

Hilary Kurtzman, in charge of the franchise, doesn't even know what the fucking box is. You know that thing that somehow managed to create 35+ years of actual Star Trek before these dudes thought they knew better.

This may look like Trek (except the Klingons) but it sure as shit isn't Trek. They should rename this Stir Trak : Women yelling at old Picard. F-bombs in Star Trek, yeah ok. Please don't regurgitate some asinine point about there has been corruption in the Federation before. Well no shit, there have been bad apples since fucking TOS, the point is the organization as a whole IS NOT corrupt. Michael Piller and Patrick Stewart knew damn well Gene would be spinning in his grave with even what they did in Insurrection. (you know a movie made after he died and was shit)

Stewart in 97 "Yes, the Romulan question does mean a lot to me. I think it is a deadly idea to have even an ‘overhauled’ Romulan villain. After the Borg Queen it will look as if we just couldn’t come up with any new bad guys. But we must. Could they be the Federation Executive Council? (Gene, stop spinning.) Or a cadre inside the Council? The bad guys are right there in the heart of the Federation. That is certainly contemporary and, God knows, depressingly relevant. "

lol, even in 1997 when Clinton was president ORANGE MAN BAD.

We are just at the start of this series too, I assume you all stopped watching Discovery because god damn, THATS THE POWER OF MATH!!! PLEASE CLAP! Can't wait to find out how much worse this will get.

Double dumb ass on all of you that enjoy this piece of shit. They ruined Trek and then they ruined Star Wars and you morons are at fault.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Dumar was excellent. Straight villian to still a villian but maybe he's not hitler back to straight villian.

They gave you a way to understand his perspective but he was still evil and they never really redeemed him.

They absoultly redeemed him.

*Edit* Nevermind I just read more that you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Still enjoying this, and I'm still surprised at that. Hopefully, it continues.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
DS9 managed to take Dumar and fucking Nog and do something with them. Nog! He's even got a couple good episodes! Nog!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I can't think of a single weak character in DS9. Every single one of them had a great amount of attention, growth, and had great spotlight moments. Fucking Morn was a better written character than half of Voyager & Enterprise characters, and he didn't have a single line of dialogue.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Something I've noticed with the woke reboots is that it makes the shitty filler episodes of the past seasons look amazing.

With Star Trek it's so bad that people are defending Nelix episodes.

With Star Wars the prequels are suddenly fondly remembered.

Most recently it's happened with Doctor Who, where it's high point was 10-15 years ago but even shitty episodes I hated 5 years ago sound amazing now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
DS9 managed to take Dumar and fucking Nog and do something with them. Nog! He's even got a couple good episodes! Nog!
i enjoyed seeing Nog growing up into some starfleet dude, siskos kid, no so much.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I still like the DS9 episode "Valiant" where the Hitler Youth thinks they're main characters and all die due to their own egos. Jake's in that one!

There's also the episode where Jake is revealed to be a coward, almost gets Bashir killed, dooms the patients that needed the generator he and Bashir were sent to retrieve only to find out Bashir wasn't actually dead to then have a coward freakout again that just happens to work out.

I don't think Jake was really ever a detriment but he didn't have a lot to do.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I still like the DS9 episode "Valiant" where the Hitler Youth thinks they're main characters and all die due to their own egos. Jake's in that one!

There's also the episode where Jake is revealed to be a coward, almost gets Bashir killed, dooms the patients that needed the generator he and Bashir were sent to retrieve only to find out Bashir wasn't actually dead to then have a coward freakout again that just happens to work out.

I don't think Jake was really ever a detriment but he didn't have a lot to do.
Black Wesley.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think it was clear that Jake as a character was mostly ignored by the writers because Cirroc Loften was a very poor actor. He was cast for young Jake, and he got worse with age. He was still nowhere near as annoying as Wesley

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They absoultly redeemed him.

*Edit* Nevermind I just read more that you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Still enjoying this, and I'm still surprised at that. Hopefully, it continues.
Yeah I also thought he was talking about Glinn / Gul / Legate Damar at first.