Star Trek: Picard

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
The whole Romulan rescue is very similar to Star Trek VI, have to imagine the debate at the highest levels of star fleet was very similar to what we saw with Spock and Kirk in the meeting room in the beginning of that film. Certainly know what Worf and the Klingons would have thought of saving them.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Worf's solution would have been the same in this scene from TNG

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Goatface

1580615732889.png

what species is that?

spronk

FPS noob
i honestly thought it was an ex borg who just wore a persona mask to hide face disfigurement

the whole de-borging thing was weird too, i thought bev crusher had that shit down in TNG and there was a lot of de-borgifying in Voyager too I thought. this show makes it seem like wandering around the Borg cube is dangerous as fuck and if your badge turns green, the collective is about to borg your ass. I get the "Borg are dangerous" vibe they wanna go for but it seemed a bit inconsistent with "all righty welcome to Borg Cube Tours, sponsored by Romulan Ale".

I really hope they don't go for the obvious thing, the Borg "return" in the season finale and like the Romulans were originally Borg or some stupid shit like that

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The only dangerous thing was the nanites. If those were somehow deactivated, then it would probably be (relatively) safer.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really hope they don't go for the obvious thing, the Borg "return" in the season finale and like the Romulans were originally Borg or some stupid shit like that

I would love to dig into the origins of the borg and I would hate for a Kurtzman show to be the one doing that digging.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would love to dig into the origins of the borg and I would hate for a Kurtzman show to be the one doing that digging.

One of my early thoughts with the whole Romulans hate synthetics of any kind was maybe they had created an early AI that became the first version of the Borg...but that wouldn't make sense with Borg presence in Delta quadrant as more of their real seeming base of operations I guess.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Borg Grave Robbing, Romulan Mafia, Psychic Evil Vulcan, Picard with Oldtimers, Robots Having Children, Cloning Robots From Robot DNA.

I think they put a bunch of random shit to write in a hat and picked it all and said "Star Trek: Picard!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Star Trek TN
one on the borg cube was slightly different
View attachment 247135
Trans representation.

They do drag queens for it, as in theory trans who pass don't look trans and can't be virtue signalled off. They don't want to show the horrific autistic non passing trans people who look like sad balding men.

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

I guess we all have to remember in this universe none of TNG or anything else happened because derp retcon bullshit by Kurtzman and JJ. I don't see how that'd change language patterns back to the 21st century but what do I know, I just grew up with this stuff like most of you whom are so willing to let these dudes shit on everything because lens flare, action, and Patrick Stewart. Starfleet is the Anaheim convention center lmao and am I mistaken or did they yet again use the Vasquez Rocks but this time with a trailer home in front of it? Maybe we can find some Gorn underneath that trailer.

Oh I guess it's the Prime timeline somehow but Romulus was still destroyed, that makes sense. Still dumb.

Showrunner Alex Kurtzman told The Hollywood Reporter that in the new series, "Picard's life was radically altered by the dissolution of the Romulan Empire." As viewers of the 2009 Star Trek movie will know, the Romulan Empire fell because a supernova destroyed the species' home world, Romulus. In those films, Spock's (Zachary Quinto) ship gets sucked into a black hole trying to stop this supernova from happening, sending him back in time and creating a new timeline.

star trek picard time line

"Star Trek: Picard" follows the destruction of the planet Romulus in the 2009 "Star Trek" movie. Fans should not expect Pine and Quinto to join the guest cast of Picard, which includes familiar faces from the TV show such as TNG's Data (Brent Spiner) and Riker (Jonathan Frakes) as well as Voyager's Seven of Nine (Jeri Ryan).

As Kurtzman told GamesRadar: "[Picard is] in the Prime timeline, we're not in the Kelvin timeline. But the thing that was interesting about that movie is it was the one element of the film that's still in the Prime timeline, because it was the supernova, the destruction of Romulus, and Spock's jump [back in time] that created Kelvin."

In Picard, meanwhile, the fall of Romulus leaves many Romulans as galactic refugees, trying to find a home after the destruction of their planet. Kurtzman said of this in a New York Comic Con panel (per Den of Geek): "Obviously, that's where we established the destruction of the homeworld…Star Trek is a mirror.

"It holds itself up to society… We're in the middle of a massive immigration conversation, and we are very proud, I think, to say we are diving head first into that and using Trek as a way of exploring it from all points of view."

Sorry if noted... but..how can that article get it so wrong... yes it follows the "event" ..but it's NOT in the Kelvin universe, it's in Prime... It's in "TNG" just like discovery.. Romulus blowing up is a prime event that caused the event that lead Nero/Spcok back that started Kelvin timeline - Picard is not X years after Kelvin time ST.... Lol

Siliconemelons

Also, glad I am not the only one that //'ed Picard with ST6 and it's sad that 6 did everything in terms of "message" WAY better than Picard has thus far

Nemesis was wrath of Kahn... This is uncovered country

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I can't really disagree with anything he said.

He's right though, it isn't a family show anymore. Same way Discovery isn't. If they think they're targeting older, loyal fans they're both choosing to ignore new audiences and missing the point entirely that the older fans fucking hate the fact the Star Trek they know and love is being changed into something that's fuck all like it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

Ummm....

A show with such crazy cg and props...

The Mars base replicators are simply de-badged 3D printers... lol

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Those of you wondering about Borg origins should read the book series on it, I believe it's called destiny. Super good series

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Got around to watching the second series of Short Treks now that I re-upped for Picard.

Where the everliving fuck is my Pike Enterprise series? Seriously Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn and Ethan Peck are rocking these characters.

• 1Like