Star Trek: Picard

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This mentality didn't work for the TOS purists and it won't work for pre-Abrams purists. It's all star trek, it just doesn't mean quality anymore.

It's not about purity, it's about how everything from 2009 forward is DIRECTLY ANTITHETICAL to Star Trek. It's not about good or bad, it just is not Star Trek.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It's not about purity, it's about how everything from 2009 forward is DIRECTLY ANTITHETICAL to Star Trek. It's not about good or bad, it just is not Star Trek.
I feel like Star Trek Beyond was the closest thing to actual Trek but they chose to have the worst marketing campaign possible to appeal to Trekkers. Of course JJ was out by that time trying to ruin Star Wars so that explains the uptick in quality. (of course JJ was a producer but whatever, no Kurtzman)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

People have made the same argument about DS9, and some even make that argument about TNG. So, your specific tolerance for "it's not star trek" has no bearing in a silly thought experiment about what trek ship would be the closest to liberty prime.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I was a TOS purist at one point, I came around because the shows past TOS were good Star Trek. This is shit and sharing a name and character names doesn't make it Star Trek.

Who the fuck are you to say what has bearing or what doesn't?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I was a TOS purist at one point, I came around because the shows past TOS were good Star Trek. This is shit and sharing a name and character names doesn't make it Star Trek.

Who the fuck are you to say what has bearing or what doesn't?
Who the fuck is he or you to?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
People have made the same argument about DS9, and some even make that argument about TNG. So, your specific tolerance for "it's not star trek" has no bearing in a silly thought experiment about what trek ship would be the closest to liberty prime.

I thought you were countering my 'no warships' claim with that retarded Into Darkness shit, didnt realize you were contributing to the Liberty Prime thing.

You're still wrong though.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
giphy.gif

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The entire argument is about what does or doesn't have bearing on the topic at hand by arguing what is or isn't trek

And who are you to say what has bearing dumb fuck? They're opinions, you deciding relevance isn't in your purview.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
And who are you to say what has bearing dumb fuck? They're opinions, you deciding relevance isn't in your perview.
This is some SJW level idiotic logic.

"your opinion is wrong and you're wrong for trying to tell someone their opinion is wrong"

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This is some SJW level idiotic logic.

"your opinion is wrong and you're wrong for trying to tell someone their opinion is wrong"
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. God damn thanks for showing me the way. I never said you were wrong, I just asked why you think you get to decide what is relevant to his opinion.

You can hodj on this one if you want, you aren't worth my time and it's getting off topic.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. God damn thanks for showing me the way. I never said you were wrong, I just asked why you think you get to decide what is relevant to his opinion.

You can hodj on this one if you want, you aren't worth my time and it's getting off topic.
Do me a favour and don't jump into the middle of a debate between two people in the future if you're not capable of following it. Gav and I were arguing about what qualified as trek after he disagreed with my opinion. The shows he was considering trek but some wouldn't had ships being used as examples, and so his opinion on what qualified as trek was no more relevant than any other treks, and so had no bearing on the argument.

You are literally complaining that I'm doing exactly what he and you are doing.

• 1Picard

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Does Combs have a role in Picard that we know of?
Not that i know off, i just felt like posting a picture of him because he was awesome and i consider Commander Shran my spirit animal.

• 1Like