Star Trek: Picard

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It has to come with the Galaxy X Class ship. The age would be just about perfect.

View attachment 406891

View attachment 406892
my appreciation of trek stopped for a bit when i was talking to a real trekkie and he was like

"yea the best they could at that time was slap another high lighter on"

i was like huh?

"the warp nacelles are highlighters, thats what we (nerdy nerds) call em"
color-pik-hiighlighter-250x250.jpg

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
my appreciation of trek stopped for a bit when i was talking to a real trekkie and he was like

"yea the best they could at that time was slap another high lighter on"

i was like huh?

"the warp nacelles are highlighters, thats what we (nerdy nerds) call em"
color-pik-hiighlighter-250x250.jpg
i've never heard anyone call the warp nacelles "highlighters" and i've hung out with some pretty hardcore trekkies in my time

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Best part of the new episode was the Borg Queen, who I think should now be called Harvey

I liked the reveal where she explains she was manipulating Agnes’ chemical balances to make it easier for her to take control

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
It doesn't matter if the borg queen is decent. How anyone can get past this shit being a front to just go through a checklist of woke topics like "ICE bad/immigration policies bad/climate change bad/white people bad/mental health depression!" is beyond me. So they are bringing in the original cast, whom they know jack shit about nor care about, to use as viewer bait while they cram more liberal talking points down your throat. Can't wait!

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah this shit is unbearable. At this point I'm just watching the RLM and Nerdrotic episode reviews.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
not taking bait on season 3 for more cameos of old beloved characters, Star Wars was the same
Shit . Dumb

• 1Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have the feeling I'm going to get to the end of this season and go, "Well done cockwomble! You hated S1 and you came back for more."

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
It’s funny to me that they released the teaser about season 3 middle of season 2 , ratings must be that bad lol

• 1Worf

Cybsled

I actually like how they handled the whole Picard mom plot this episode

Rather than go the cliche "abusive father" route, it reveals Picard's memories as a child were from a naive kid's perspective and he didn't understand his mother was mentally ill and the father was doing the best he could to help her and keep his kid from getting killed from what she was doing

I also liked how they actually explained why Q hated Guinan - although I had to laugh that it was basically because her race could summon Q like they were a genie from a lamp lol. Also the end end was kind of dumb. "Law Enforcement!" If you saw what you thought was evidence of alien life on Earth and were the government, you aren't sending cops. You're sending NSA/CIA/Dark Ops shit lol

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I actually like how they handled the whole Picard mom plot this episode

Rather than go the cliche "abusive father" route, it reveals Picard's memories as a child were from a naive kid's perspective and he didn't understand his mother was mentally ill and the father was doing the best he could to help her and keep his kid from getting killed from what she was doing

I also liked how they actually explained why Q hated Guinan - although I had to laugh that it was basically because her race could summon Q like they were a genie from a lamp lol. Also the end end was kind of dumb. "Law Enforcement!" If you saw what you thought was evidence of alien life on Earth and were the government, you aren't sending cops. You're sending NSA/CIA/Dark Ops shit lol
dutch was fbi

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was a fucking awful episode. They seem to have drawn on every shitty episode from every iteration of Trek before it.

I can’t even coherently explain how awful this was I’m so angry at myself for sitting through it.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That was a fucking awful episode. They seem to have drawn on every shitty episode from every iteration of Trek before it.

I can’t even coherently explain how awful this was I’m so angry at myself for sitting through it.
retarded kid, ugly lady all from picards trauma

isn't he a fucking android? how's he dreaming about this and how is that time lady going into his mind and not thinking "huh, positronic net..."

at first, i thought baltar was like an emergency program meant to keep picard calm and shit cuz no one is supposed to know he's an android, like that episode where they found out data's mom was an droid and she went into sleep mode