Star Trek: Prodigy

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
As far as my ideas go, as much as I'd like to see an Enterprise-F show that actually moves the story into the future, I think the "Lost Era" is the biggest goldmine for Star Trek that they've, up to now, completely whiffed on.

An Enterprise-B show would be perfect right now. George Takei is still alive and so is William Shatner. Have something happen to John Harriman (original Enterprise-B captain) which prompts them to give control of the ship to retired Captain Sulu. Maybe even on a provisional basis, IDK (depending on Enterprise-B's fate in the canon as it stands now). Sulu was a hell of an Excelsior captain in the past, after all. Then we get a sort of sequel to the original show that tries to capture the spirit of the original show. Visually themed after the movies (ST6 and 7). Excelsior is such a gorgeous ship and it's a crime that it never got a show of its own. Imagine William Shatner showing up to cameo somewhere. I know he can't because of the events of Generations, but I'm sure there's a way. Perhaps an alien reads Sulu's mind and transforms to look the way Kirk would look now in order to fool Sulu and crew. In other words "Kirk" could be a major antagonist as Sulu tries to stop him from desecrating the memory of the real Kirk. I'm going off on a tangent though. The point of this show would be to carry on the spirit of TOS/the movies while giving us one last chance to see these actors again (the ones that are still alive).

Then Ambassador could be like the TNG to the previous show's TOS. The next generation of Enterprise, on a mission to spread goodwill and form new alliances. While the Enterprise-B show would be a callback to the Trek of olde, the Enterprise-C show could explore new concepts and have more of a TNG vibe (less action, more cerebral themes). Since this era is largely a complete mystery in the lore, they'd have tons of leeway in terms of what happens. All we know is that it'll end with a massive climactic battle against the Romulans at that Klingon outpost that results in the Klingons joining the Federation, cementing the Ambassador status of the ship and crew.

Or we could just do a Clone Wars style cartoon about nothing

i dont want to see anything from the TOS era or those characters - they all fucking suck

give me new shit.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
i dont want to see anything from the TOS era or those characters - they all fucking suck

give me new shit.

1627596822934.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
reboot Star Trek ala BSG, start from scratch in current times (For All Mankind style) and move forward, show 1 deals with mankind first moving into the stars, show 2 deals with the galaxy in 50 years, etc. You build out to an avengers style crossover movie every 3-4 years between multiple shows.

Would need someone like Kevin Feige though to map out 15 series and 10 movies over 30 years and thats never gonna happen in modern times.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
reboot Star Trek ala BSG, start from scratch in current times (For All Mankind style) and move forward, show 1 deals with mankind first moving into the stars, show 2 deals with the galaxy in 50 years, etc. You build out to an avengers style crossover movie every 3-4 years between multiple shows.

Would need someone like Kevin Feige though to map out 15 series and 10 movies over 30 years and thats never gonna happen in modern times.

i dont want to watch star trek that starts out 40 years from now in 2060

i already seen the pew pew pew from 2370, every prequel will pale in comparison

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i dont want to watch star trek that starts out 40 years from now in 2060

i already seen the pew pew pew from 2370, every prequel will pale in comparison

I wouldn't mind seeing a movie about the Gene wars, where Khan and the others take over and fuck everyone up. That was round this time in Trek lore.

Doesn't need a series though and definitely shouldn't be made by the current crop of woke morons in charge of Trek.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't mind seeing a movie about the Gene wars, where Khan and the others take over and fuck everyone up. That was round this time in Trek lore.

Doesn't need a series though and definitely shouldn't be made by the current crop of woke morons in charge of Trek.

Yeah that'd be interesting. Khan and his genetically-superior minions made their way into positions of power around the world and tried to take over.

...I have zero faith in anything like that being good, or even properly-addressed, now.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
You'd have to play with the canon a little bit time and date wise, but a serious show about the dangers of eugenics and genetic supremacy could totally work, but nobody makes serious shows, because serious shows would offend the Chinese.

• 1Like

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
Watched this with my daughter and it was about what you would expect from a kid targeted show set in the Star Trek universe. It was easier to tolerate than some of the other bullshit she wants to watch.

My friend who works at CBS said it was pretty much a licensing deal with Nickelodeon and CBS itself had very little to do with it beyond that.

The premise is Starfleet makes first contact with a civilization that ultimately leads to them destroying themselves, they send one guy back in time to find the USS Protostar inside a big asteroid and he is going to upload a virus to its computer that will infect and somehow destroy all of Starfleet. His daughter defects and joins with the kids who are slaves digging through the asteroid to find the ship. The protostar itself has a new engine/propulsion using a small star (protostar) for power and can seemingly travel faster than any other ship. The kids all Scooby-Do the situation and come out alive with the help of a hologram of Janeway and a silly indestructible goo character who at one point eats the star inside the engine to hide it. One of the characters is non-corporeal and anyone who looks at his real form goes crazy just like the movie Bird Box.
It ends with the main antagonist having gone crazy from looking at the thing, and the hologram Janeway saying some quirky shit about she doesn't think they were really Starfleet cadets but they are well on their way.

• 1Like