Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Chris

Potato del Grande
I cant overstate how much I hate most musicals and all the shitty Idol/Voice reality bullshit. Anything related to that makes me think lesser of everyone involved that greenlit the episode.

I don't remember Babylon 5, Dark Matter, Deep Space 9, Enterprise, or even SG:Atlantis having anything even close to being as bad as a musical is.
Buffy The Vampire Slayer had a musical episode, I'm guessing that's where this came from.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Musical episodes are dangerous. Magicians did it in a way that almost made sense and was memorable and hilarious. I'm pretty sure every other show I've seen try it, its been a jump the shark moment where I no longer want to watch the show.

Havent watched this one yet. Maybe I'll skip it. Its been a great show.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Buffy The Vampire Slayer had a musical episode, I'm guessing that's where this came from.
Buffy also did a silent episode with a canon in-universe reason for it, but sadly SMG does not have the best lungs for screaming.

Star Trek doing either is just weird.

Burns

Never watched Buffy, but I though it was a pretty campy show to begin with.

Musical episodes are dangerous. Magicians did it in a way that almost made sense and was memorable and hilarious. I'm pretty sure every other show I've seen try it, its been a jump the shark moment where I no longer want to watch the show.

Havent watched this one yet. Maybe I'll skip it. Its been a great show.
I fucking hated that Magicians episode and just skipped it after enduring one or two songs. By the time that came up, I wasn't that enthused about the show anymore, so that probably didn't help either.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never watched Buffy, but I though it was a pretty campy show to begin with.

I fucking hated that Magicians episode and just skipped it after enduring one or two songs. By the time that came up, I wasn't that enthused about the show anymore, so that probably didn't help either.
You might have stopped a bit early. I would recommend watching it too the end of season 4. The show actually has a fantastic Last episode that many people view as the end of the series despite a Season 5. The rendition of A-ha's Take on Me(Last Episode Season 4) was very well done. You could skip season 5..

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Finally made myself watch it. Overall kinda boring. First song was funny. Klingons dancing in gold jumpsuits was funny. The rest was pretty meh. I think my main objection is how they had characters bursting into song about the most boring, introspective shit. It wasnt like a song about an external event. Think "we've got trouble, right here in river city". It was a song about the inner thoughts of the character, with little to do with external events. Just a boring approach to a musical.

The Klingon thing was funny though I've gotta admit.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Musical episode was 50% for me. Some was good, some was bad and I just started skipping to the klingon part. Also, you can find Nurse Chapel's titties btw.

This cliffhanger tho, damn. Like even with the plot holes, I thoroughly enjoy this show. It's so much better than Discovery jesus.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I skipped the musical episode.

Hell of a season, quite the finale.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The Buffy musical was the pivotal episode of that entire series and was incredible. I despise musicals, but I loved that episode.
Buffy's musical episode, IIRC, was because there was a demon who was "music centric" and it's curse caused a lot of singing...

Also. Lucifer had a musical episode with an actual plot device hook as well. It was when God was slowly losing his control over his powers so he kept accidentally manifesting things and he thought the singing and dancing was nice.

Burns

You might have stopped a bit early. I would recommend watching it too the end of season 4. The show actually has a fantastic Last episode that many people view as the end of the series despite a Season 5. The rendition of A-ha's Take on Me(Last Episode Season 4) was very well done. You could skip season 5..
I finished the Magicians, just skipped the single musical episode. I still "liked" the show, but it was far down on the list of what I cared to watch at any given moment by that point. I think it was months after the seasons were over before I would get around to watching them.

Cybsled

Wasn't there 2 musical episodes? The one with the enslaved fae was pretty good.

Burns

Wasn't there 2 musical episodes? The one with the enslaved fae was pretty good.
If there was, I probably stopped the second one the first time they broke out into song and didn't even try to suffer through it. I don't even remember every episode of that show anymore. Especially the later seasons, since I was mostly watching them just to have something to watch.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Finished Season 1 and starting season 2 now - I really like this show. Great casting for Pike too.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Was reading his Wiki and found this gem...

"He is a member of the board of directors of METI (Messaging Extraterrestrial Intelligence)"

Seems like something a Star Trek actor would do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Just started 2nd season. Episode 3 was a female cry-cry episode. Are there more of this bs, is it star trek or Michael bu-huu-trek this season?

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Best thread to post this I guess. On 3rd or 4th rewatch of DS9. I normally shuffle TNG on a nightly basis since it's so non linear and each episode stands on it's own, but DS9 feels so much more organic when you watch it sequentially and enjoy the character building. I'm about in the middle of season 3, they just got the Defiant and are still naive in the Dominion and entire gamma quadrant. Just had some great episodes like Second Skin and Civil Defense. Holds up so well and makes me appreciate every character more and more each rewatch.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users