Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 6 Votes
Title: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2022-05-05

Cast: Anson Mount, Ethan Peck, Rebecca Romijn, Celia Rose Gooding, Jess Bush, Babs Olusanmokun, Bruce Horak, Christina Chong, Melissa Navia

Overview: Follow Christopher Pike, Spock and Number One in the decade before Captain Kirk boarded the Enterprise as they explore new worlds around the galaxy.

• 3Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
no-poster.jpg

Cast: Anson Mount, Ethan Peck, Rebecca Romijn

Overview: Follow Christopher Pike, Spock and Number One in the decade before Capt. Kirk boarded the Enterprise as they explore new worlds around the galaxy.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
11962-no-poster.jpg

Cast: Anson Mount, Ethan Peck, Rebecca Romijn, Babs Olusanmokun, Christina Chong, Celia Rose Gooding, Jess Bush, Melissa Navia

Overview: Follow Christopher Pike, Spock and Number One in the decade before Capt. Kirk boarded the Enterprise as they explore new worlds around the galaxy.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You really think this deserves being discussed in the picard thread? Anson Mount carried DIS season 2 all by himself. Remove Burnham and this will be good.

spronk

FPS noob
Discovery was pre Kirk too, right? So this would be that time period before Pike took over Discovery because "Enterprise needed repairs", which had to be one of the stupidest things in that show lol

I really, really liked Pike in Discovery and am glad that they made a spin off show about him instead of some other stupid shit but at the same time I wonder how much runway the show has. We know what happens to Pike, he gets all fucked up during some sort of ship accident and is stuck in a wheelchair (TNG). I guess the Klingon time crystal episode showed some stuff about that too, I don't honestly remember it. I really, really hope they just stick to simple basic Star Trek stories and not once again try to encapsulate galaxy wide, extinction level baddies because that shit gets stupid and boring real fast. Of course they won't, given the history of Discovery... Enterprise... Picard...

I'm pretty sure the writers will go in for some bullshit at some point at the end of season 1 and have Pike "alter" his future, which is fine I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Star Trek is done for me. They broke continuity and themeing with Discovery for prequels and Picard for sequels.

There's nowhere left to go.

Maybe they can jump forward 100 years for a new sequel in a decade if the SJW nonsense is over by then.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 8 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Mandalorian this shit. Ignore the gay ass Picard and disco and just pick right up after ds9. Fucking faggots at cbs.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Mandalorian this shit. Ignore the gay ass Picard and disco and just pick right up after ds9. Fucking faggots at cbs.
They missed a HUGE opportunity with this.

All they had to do was make Starship Enterprise show #4 set 20-30 years after DS9, you've got so many plot points to reference and actors to bring back for cameo episodes it's crazy.

Update the uniforms/ships slightly and have tactile consoles rather than hologram shit upping the budget.

Do one off episodes with a light continuous storyline like TNG, so we can skip Orange Man Bad episodes.

Will Wheaton was hot after Big Bang Theory, have him be a cucked science officer and kill him off in the first episode.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

tarb

Trakanon Raider
This is what they should do but its the same Kurtzman led team as Picard/STD, they are desperately trying to make "their" Trek canon, this will be shit just like the other 2 shows.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
They need to stop trying to go back to the same well and recycle the same handful of characters like Spock, Picard, etc. You cant grow/resuscitate a franchise if all you can offer is the the same handful of characters but recombined into different shit formulas. Oh look, heres a show about a Young Spock, oh look heres a show about an even Older Picard, oh look heres a movie about Spock but its in "alternate universe"!

You can stay in same era but make completely new characters, new settings and new adversaries from scratch without referencing anyone from previous shows or movies kinda like what Voyager did or move it to a different era like Enterprise with Scott Bakula did. Otherwise this franchise is dead.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

They tried a new characters - and focused on a incompetent moron that starts wars and cries about SJW stuff constantly and makes speeches randomly. And gay dudes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard

All they had to do was make Starship Enterprise show #4 set 20-30 years after DS9, you've got so many plot points to reference and actors to bring back for cameo episodes it's crazy.

Update the uniforms/ships slightly and have tactile consoles rather than hologram shit upping the budget.

Do one off episodes with a light continuous storyline like TNG, so we can skip Orange Man Bad episodes.

Will Wheaton was hot after Big Bang Theory, have him be a cucked science officer and kill him off in the first episode.
They need to get rid of AirUI. Actors waving their arms around looks stupid.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
They tried a new characters - and focused on a incompetent moron that starts wars and cries about SJW stuff constantly and makes speeches randomly. And gay dudes.

Is that Discovery?

I thought Enterprise with Bakula was done pretty well. Give me more of that type of Trek.

• 3Like

Cybsled

People gave Enterprise shit, but they improved a lot during their run and the cast was overall more likable than Voyager I would say (outside of 7 of 9 or Doctor, did we really give a shit about anyone on that ship? lol). Plus they brought back excellent character actors like Jeffrey Combs who killed it during their DS9 run.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Siliconemelons

The last 5 minutes says it all

StarTrek 6 has the best music in all the film's and perhaps series.

The soundtrack for ST6 is like LOTR Fellowship - a near perfect example of film scores and composition.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Right? This wasn't fucking hard. Its mind boggling how inept these people are. Everyone wanted to see what happened to the Federation after the war. It was a super fascinating period to tell stories about that would have had just enough previous interest to lure people in, without the promise of being dominated by old stories.

Instead they go back into periods where fans actually do have expectations for continuity. Its fucking stupid.

• 4Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

CBS admits to intentional subversion of Picard character.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
TV show information provided by The Movie Database