Star Trek TNG, Best of Both Worlds

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arakkis

N00b
If you're going to troll us "nerds" the least you should do is not use an account named "arrakis".
tongue.png
It's a term of endearment. Like Wakandan. But I'm serious about the TV show thing. Why would any of you support showing an episode of a TV show on a movie screen? Hollywood already has enough bad ideas. Why would anyone pay money to see reruns on a big screen?

tongue.png

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Cause these two episodes of TV are better than 95% of the shit that Hollywood usually puts on those same screens.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Cause these two episodes of TV are better than 95% of the shit that Hollywood usually puts on those same screens.
I'm not even much of a Star Trek fan and thought this whole thing was kind of silly, but right here? He has a real good point.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I had never seen TNG until just a few weeks ago. Whole series is on Netflix so figured what the hell. Might as well watch a iconic show just to say I have.

I was not sure I was going to make it at first. Some episodes were interesting, but I found some to bereallyboring. I stuck with it though and was pretty hooked by the end of season 3. I absolutely agree about the finale as well. That was pretty much perfection from start to finish. When Picard walks in to join the game at the end I had a big ass grin on my face. Powerful stuff once you get to know the characters. Watched all 4 movies after I finished the series as well. I'm definitely not a Trekkie as I doubt I'll ever watch them again, but I am very happy that I have now seen TNG. Great sci-fi and I can see the appeal.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
It's a term of endearment. Like Wakandan. But I'm serious about the TV show thing. Why would any of you support showing an episode of a TV show on a movie screen? Hollywood already has enough bad ideas. Why would anyone pay money to see reruns on a big screen?
Utter desperation. I want to go to the movies, but ALL the movies, ALL, are total.fucking.shit.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
I love TNG, but are we really calling it "true sci fi?" It's a space opera, the single most disdained sub-genre of science fiction within science fiction. Probably the most enjoyable, admittedly, but calling it true sci fi is like calling paranormal teen romance true fantasy.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
The only true space opera for me will be Babylon 5. The whole story was planned out for 5 seasons. It got screwy with season 4 and 5 cause of possible cancellation but the story for has held up very well.

TNG is good but has a disjointed continuous story and is filled with plenty of stand alone episodes.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
It was fun to watch, not spectacular, but fun. They also included a whole "making of" thing before hand with a lot of interviews. That was shite. The most interviewed character was the chickie who played Lt. Commander Shelby. I disliked her before, when watching the episode. I seriously disliked her in all the interviews, too. Just crap.

Also, the picture quality was not as good as I hoped, and there were a couple of weird dubbing moments. Still a good story, fun to see it on the big screen. Shouldn't have been 11.50$.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It was fun to watch, not spectacular, but fun. They also included a whole "making of" thing before hand with a lot of interviews. That was shite. The most interviewed character was the chickie who played Lt. Commander Shelby. I disliked her before, when watching the episode. I seriously disliked her in all the interviews, too. Just crap.

Also, the picture quality was not as good as I hoped, and there were a couple of weird dubbing moments. Still a good story, fun to see it on the big screen. Shouldn't have been 11.50$.
I paid $15

I'm glad I got to sit there and watch that bitch talk about how she hated her hair in that episode for 15 fucking minutes.

They behind the scenes stuff was cool but it should have been after the two part viewing.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I paid $15
Ouch. Was the theatre full? The one I was in was stuffed to bursting. Lots of people in Star Trek costumes, too. It didn't add much to my viewing experience.

I'm glad I got to sit there and watch that bitch talk about how she hated her hair in that episode for 15 fucking minutes.
No shit. That's exactly what I'm talking about. And I especially like how she basically said she doesn't like Star Trek, and that working on Soap Opera sets was better. She was crap in the Star Trek episode she did, she was probably crap at whatever. Did you notice the shirt she was wearing in the interview has a big stain on it?

They behind the scenes stuff was cool but it should have been after the two part viewing.
Agreed.