Star Wars: Battlefront, as told by Dice on Frostbite 3 (PS4?/XBone?/PC?)

Fadaar

That guy
To say I'm excited is a massive understatement. Really looking forward to hearing more about it, although seeing how the only information released thus far is a teaser trailer I don't expect it until mid-late 2014 at earliest.
frown.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dice new game supposed to hit 2015 with gameplay reveal this years E3...

New updated E3 teaser video. Looks like nothing until late 2015. Probably along with the new movie being released.

spronk

FPS noob
RECKER! YOU'RE NOT A JEDI YET

looks good though, maybe by 2015 DICE can fix all its frostbyte 3 problems

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah, that sucks. BUT we have to assume it will look similar to stuff we saw at the end.

My guess is we will see the real thing at E3

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So, no single player confirmed.

Tell me why I should be hyped for this please. I really want to be, but it just looks like Battlefield with a coat of Star Wars paint on it.

Now, if it were Planetside 2 with Star Wars flavour, buy me a first class ticket on the hype train.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The one thing I am worried about is those graphics looked way too good. Like we have seen before with other trailers like Watch Dogs. No fucking way the PS4 looks like that, and what would be the specs needed to run that shit on a PC?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Fully expecting EA/DICE to buttfuck this game for about a year but I will be pre ordering + Premium + sending them nudes of the wife. I will be starting a Rerolled clan and playing this for about 3-4k hours.

God I hope it's playable.

spronk

FPS noob
So, no single player confirmed.

Tell me why I should be hyped for this please. I really want to be, but it just looks like Battlefield with a coat of Star Wars paint on it.

Now, if it were Planetside 2 with Star Wars flavour, buy me a first class ticket on the hype train.
iihRTlB.jpg

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The one thing I am worried about is those graphics looked way too good. Like we have seen before with other trailers like Watch Dogs. No fucking way the PS4 looks like that, and what would be the specs needed to run that shit on a PC?
That video was footage from the PS4 version. Hard to believe, but true. Looks like next gen is looking as good as advertised.

Also, answered my own question. Min match size of 8, max 40. Bummer.

What was shown was a game mode called 'walker assault'. It's all starting to make sense.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Graphics do seem questionable, because when I think of Battlefront I think of full armies of units.

As an aside, my perfect MMO would be a Battlefront style where factions are whittled down and you have only one life, but may continue from another character, and you can seize and raise structures that regrow your units.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
spronk can't handle the troof

rrr_img_94965.jpg

Star Wars Celebration: Why Battlefront Isnt Just a Battlefield Clone - IGN

TLDR: It's different from Battlefield because of different multiplayer match sizes, optional third person that only scrubs will use, and BOBA FETT.

Also, no space combat confirmed. If they release a dog fighting DLC in space I'll be all over this like a Tanoomba on a Sarkeesian.

Now THIS sounds like a cool feature:Star Wars Celebration: Boba Fett, Jedi, Millennium Falcon Playable in Battlefront - IGN