Star Wars: Battlefront, as told by Dice on Frostbite 3 (PS4?/XBone?/PC?)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Dice/EA? So it launches 11/17. Playable 1/17/16.

Looks cool, but would 100% preferred gameplay footage.

Still gonna buy, cuz DUH! Also XB1 apparently gets it first thorugh EA access. Whatever the fuck that is.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Dice/EA? So it launches 11/17. Playable 1/17/16.

Looks cool, but would 100% preferred gameplay footage.

Still gonna buy, cuz DUH! Also XB1 apparently gets it first thorugh EA access. Whatever the fuck that is.
More like Playable 4/2016.

Being that this will be a forced launch to coincide with a movie, this is going to be fucking the most horrid launch yet, and that's saying something considering the BF4 debacle.

When will EA just fucking die already?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Guys our engines are so technically advanced and high level that only developers with decades of experience can properly utilize it. Random gamers couldnt possibly understand it and navigate it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Guys our engines are so technically advanced and high level that only developers with decades of experience can properly utilize it. Random gamers couldnt possibly understand it and navigate it.
Translated: "MODS? We can't charge full price for that though! SHUT 'ER DOWN"

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Trailer was enough to convince friends to skip out on CoD - id say it was success enough as is even w/o actual game play.

spronk

FPS noob
hardline and DA:I launched just fine and they both use frostbite

there's no SP campaign but apparently a single player mode which can be played solo or co-op, online or split screen. Dunno if its gonna be like Titanfall (MP maps with bots) or something better. If they can make a single player mode thats good that would be great, none of the FPSs have had good story campaigns so trying something new that works is fine with me

2015-04-1722_03_12-diuducy.png

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It won't matter if this ends up being an unplayable sack of bantha poodoo, the force will be strong with fanboy shills in November.

I'm fucking ecstatic that Xbros get to beta test this for me through EA access, because there is NO WAY I would purchase this day 1 without reading up first. EA can eat my wookie.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It won't matter if this ends up being an unplayable sack of bantha poodoo, the force will be strong with fanboy shills in November.

I'm fucking ecstatic that Xbros get to beta test this for me through EA access, because there is NO WAY I would purchase this day 1 without reading up first. EA can eat my wookie.
LOL

A+ Would read again.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh Jesus Fucking Eye Roll Christ. Let me run this through 3CPO's universal translation device.

"There's more maps than that coming out in a $49 season pass. But those locations you get when you pay $59.99 for the box, and you get the extra map if you preorder. Remember there's been a lot of modding going on over here. More so than I saw with Hardline. And I think that attention to detail will show when it launches. I wish we showed that amount of detail to our QA department, but when this needs to come out before the movie, well, fuck it. We will fix it later. This is about timing a launch window with a movie over quality, for sure."

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The Hype: DESTINY HAS ADVENTURES SPANNING FOUR PLANETS

The Reality: ayyyyyyyy lmao

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
No single player is pretty retarded.
Its battlefield?
Oh Jesus Fucking Eye Roll Christ. Let me run this through 3CPO's universal translation device.

"There's more maps than that coming out in a $49 season pass. But those locations you get when you pay $59.99 for the box, and you get the extra map if you preorder. Remember there's been a lot of modding going on over here. More so than I saw with Hardline. And I think that attention to detail will show when it launches. I wish we showed that amount of detail to our QA department, but when this needs to come out before the movie, well, fuck it. We will fix it later. This is about timing a launch window with a movie over quality, for sure."
And this is exactly the dumbshit you get with "too complicated to mod" aka we want to be gatekeepers of content so we can charge you out the ass for shit content(see Hardline, BF Premium).

Why oh why the fuck cant developers/publishers see modding is the easiest way to insure successes and long lasting popularity of your game? For christ sakes youve had mods create entire new genres of video games(dota) that became more popular than the fucking game it was a mod for.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I'm happy to hear they aren't wasting resources on a single player game. I hate single player and DICE doesn't do them as well as the CoD guys. Stick to what they know and focus on making an amazing multiplayer experience.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Looks good, but I'm worried about the blasters being movie/canon levels of inaccurate and making me rage as a stormtrooper.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I'm happy to hear they aren't wasting resources on a single player game. I hate single player and DICE doesn't do them as well as the CoD guys. Stick to what they know and focus on making an amazing multiplayer experience.
No shit, who plays BF singleplayer, 5% of the people who buy it? If they stopped wasting time on that crap and put out 20-30 maps at release instead of 10 I doubt anyone would complain.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm not saying they should make a single player campaign. But I think 60 fucking dollars is ridiculous for a game without one.

Multiplayer only games should top out at 40 dollars. Less if they're going to have a bunch of fucking microtransaction bullshit. That should be like a gamer rule or something.

Possible exception for Buy2Play MMOs that have an entire game's worth of solo content like GW2.