Star Wars: Battlefront, as told by Dice on Frostbite 3 (PS4?/XBone?/PC?)

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
still, for $20-30 its imo going to be a fantastic game and you'll get a ton of play hours. at $60 its a little harder to say, especially if they start nickle and diming everyone with DLCs and stuff to turn the game into what it really should have been at launch.
If you haven't played a Dice EA shooter in the last 4 years since battlefield 3, there will be a 60 dollar price point bundle of dlcs, 4 installments likely. Their target seems to charge people for 120 bucks to get a full shooter in a single calendar year with all the maps they will ever release. Starwars has potential to be DLC into perpetuity.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Lot of annoying stuff so far. People in AT-AT's just wrecking and no way to kill them, people jumping up on the big cliff over the rebel cave and just relentlessly sniping/blastering down on you, infinity fucking AT-ST's, dudes in turrets 24/7, and when the enemy has several star fighters wrecking your team and whoever on your team gets the vehicle power ups just crashes immediately.

The guys up on the ledge wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to give up my sniper/grenade to use a jetpack. Why it's not in the '2' slot makes no sense to me.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I hope its a beta thing, but the lack of options when it comes to your controls blows my mind since its DICE. Having turrets on the same sensitivity as vehicles is terrible.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Well shit, 16 hours of downloading on my cans & string isp, only to hit a pmovsxwd instruction. My poor q6600 can't do that.

Maybe there's a nosse4 flag or something

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Like most, I feel this beta is a let down and can only second everyone's concerns. Maybe I was too hyped but I think I'm going to wait for a price drop or full reviews.
PS Just give me BF:2142 remastered and I'll be happy.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
Oddly enough I enjoyed playing on the PS4 more than the PC despite the graphical differences (it's still beautiful on the PS4). Maybe the skill-level of console people is more in-line with mine, but it was nice to be able to actually kill people and not die the instant an opposing player so much as became visible.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Lot of annoying stuff so far. People in AT-AT's just wrecking and no way to kill them, people jumping up on the big cliff over the rebel cave and just relentlessly sniping/blastering down on you, infinity fucking AT-ST's, dudes in turrets 24/7, and when the enemy has several star fighters wrecking your team and whoever on your team gets the vehicle power ups just crashes immediately.

The guys up on the ledge wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to give up my sniper/grenade to use a jetpack. Why it's not in the '2' slot makes no sense to me.
The big one to me is the cliff/sniper thing. They just need a path up there to solve that problem, without a jump pack being needed.

The AT-ST's I like them now. They were useless the last beta. 1 person could and would take them out with a blaster if he just got close enough, or was far enough away. Also, they need a 2 minute or so between being destroyed if they are to stay the same in power.

The At-AT's need less armor or a longer vulnerability window. That or make them especially vulnerable to cannons or something.

My biggest beef if the squad crap. How hard is it to implement a squad menu/hud. Just a little coordination would go a long way.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This game is worth about $19. If that. Played for three hours off and on last night and also did the Tatooine single player waves. The content in this game from looking at the menu options is retarded low. Winning as a rebel on Hoth seems to be impossible. I am not shocked it ended up like this - no way in hell is this game worth 60 bucks. I'll wait until someone here jumps on the grenade and can answer questions about the other game modes. The UI is ridiculous. Why isn't it automatically putting me into a game? I was messing around with my character, the card unlocks and what not, and then I caught myself thinking, "Hey why hasn't the game started yet..." Oh. I need to exit out of that screen and head back to the main game screen and oh look "Game in progress join now". I wonder how many of my team were waiting for the same thing.

It's nothing more than a mod selling at full price taking advantage of a movie launch. (Which we all knew going into it), but no way will I be buying this one at $59.99.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Played it for about an hour, was one of the worse FPS games released in the last year or two. If this wasn't a Star Wars game the hype would be almost zero.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
At this point any frostbite engine shooter will inherently be tossed into the bag of being a mod - While everyone can see some aspects of BField incorporated into BFront(it was inevitable to bring it up with the times, plus its made by DICE) it's still BFront - It has the same core style as BFront and the StarWars universe. I think the main issue that is fuckin with it is the fact it does not have a campaign mode and in turn just makes it out to be a pure MP shooter. Even BField has had story/campaign modes so why this doesnt considering the franchise is a bit beyond me.

Another thing is the beta just doesnt seem like a good representation of the game - The lack of cards, and modes that you can use to get a good feel isnt there and thus people will write it off that much easier. Sure you can "see" what modes it has to offer(atleast most if not all) but you cant play it. All you really get is a bland/simple slice of horde mode and a couple MP ones with 1 being generally 1 sided unless you have a good pre-set squad.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
At this point any frostbite engine shooter will inherently be tossed into the bag of being a mod - While everyone can see some aspects of BField incorporated into BFront(it was inevitable to bring it up with the times, plus its made by DICE) it's still BFront - It has the same core style as BFront and the StarWars universe. I think the main issue that is fuckin with it is the fact it does not have a campaign mode and in turn just makes it out to be a pure MP shooter. Even BField has had story/campaign modes so why this doesnt considering the franchise is a bit beyond me.

Another thing is the beta just doesnt seem like a good representation of the game - The lack of cards, and modes that you can use to get a good feel isnt there and thus people will write it off that much easier. Sure you can "see" what modes it has to offer(atleast most if not all) but you cant play it. All you really get is a bland/simple slice of horde mode and a couple MP ones with 1 being generally 1 sided unless you have a good pre-set squad.
That and the content difference between this and the last Gen Battlefront is absolutely sickening - along with AT AT's on wheels, less maps, no single player campaign as you mentioned (I actually would play through a Star Wars Single Player Campaign), and tons of imbalances (Which can be fixed but I do not have faith EA will do any of that before launch.)

From what I saw are there even any classes? Support? Medic? Anything? Or are those in cards too?

What a mess.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sigh I'm getting old. I love the theme of the game but I'm only getting 15-20 kills a match. I get way to pissed when I get 3 shot but it takes me a full clip to take someone down.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Sigh I'm getting old. I love the theme of the game but I'm only getting 15-20 kills a match. I get way to pissed when I get 3 shot but it takes me a full clip to take someone down.
Meh...I was having the same issue. My my leet skillz came back after a few matches.

That and the content difference between this and the last Gen Battlefront is absolutely sickening - along with AT AT's on wheels, less maps, no single player campaign as you mentioned (I actually would play through a Star Wars Single Player Campaign), and tons of imbalances (Which can be fixed but I do not have faith EA will do any of that before launch.)

From what I saw are there even any classes? Support? Medic? Anything? Or are those in cards too?

What a mess.
Yeah...I was hoping for BF4 with a Star Wars skin.

As for the classes, I HOPE they let you equip, anything and you become that class. That's what crossed my mind with the whole card thing. They need 2 more slots for those cards if that's the case. No one will give up the jet pack, so that's one slot down.

I personally don't play single player campaigns, so that's not a negative for me. Like you said, there is zero chance they fix the map balance issues before launch. No way we get a good amount of content at launch. That will all be DLC.

I should not, I am a Star Wars sucker, and will buy this regardless.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The first gun is rubbish - but the 2nd gun lets you start to wreck bitches - its like night and day (beta-wise)

Stave

Potato del Grande
I wish this game actually was just a BF4 reskin. As it stands now, it is much worse than BF4. I mean it's not a 'bad' game persay, but it's not worth $60, and I cannot see myself getting more than maybe 10 hours or so out of the full game before I get totally tired of it. The depth is just not there, and it's just bland. All style and no substance. No classes, no squads, stupid powerup system, etc. At least Battlefield games generally get me hundreds of hours of playtime. Hell I probably played Hardline more than I will play this.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah this and COD are easy console buys for me. bought COD:Kevin Spacey last year, played through SP campaign and enjoyed it, played like 10 matches of MP, then traded it in for what I paid and never played again. Will do the same with battlefront and Black Cops 3, although I expect to rebuy battlefront later on when its < $15 on PC or if it goes into the EA Access vault on xbone.

don't forget too on xbox one EA Access ppl will get to play a few days early at launch, full game. I think you only get 10 hours of play time (?) but you get access to everything, so if you are on the fence can wait and see what people say. The game is part of the best buy $10 pre order promo so for console users it ends up being $38+tax, even if it sucks you'll get back $40 from gamestop or best buy in trade credit in the first 2-3 weeks.

i will definitely not be buying the walmart fridge edition
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-...ridge/46708255

Eonan

Doer of Things
Played on the PC a bit yesterday, I really enjoyed the visuals, music, and environment. Things I didn't like, lack of cards in the beta, no tow cable in the beta, and the OPness of the sniper rifle card. Will pick it up when the price drops, it's simply not worth $60.