Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure Kathleen Kennedy said a couple years ago that they wouldn't distribute the original theatrical release per Lucas' wishes.
Hopefully shes as wrong about that as everything else.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
As much as anyone says anything about such and such's wishes, where money is involved, they will relent. Would be abysmally stupid of them to act otherwise. Unless it was in the 8 billion dollar contract with Georgey Porgy, Disney is certainly not above milking that green alien tit.

Inque

FunEmployed
Just google de-specialized editions and download those. Miles better.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
IMG_4816.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-03-27-at-6.26.45-AM.png

• 4Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I want the new deathstar to wipe out the whole universe and open a wormhole to an alternative star wars that doesnt suck.

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 10 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I want the new deathstar to wipe out the whole universe and open a wormhole to an alternative star wars that doesnt suck.
theyve whittled in the diversity so much that the only white males are Kylo and TFO, the villains. i dont know what Poe is.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Serious question: is anyone here even going to bother to go see this pile of shit? Star Wars is pretty much already dead to me at this point. I’m just trying to decide if want to see a conclusion to this train wreck. I’m leaning towards no.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most people are likely a no but will wait til trailers or leaks happen before making a final judgment.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that's a no for me. I remember being on the fence for VIII but the trailer was kinda hype so I said fuck it.

You won't fuck me again with a decent trailer. fuck you.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I'll probably watch it a year or two later when it shows up on netflix. Because it will flop, and Disney will licence it to Netflix for some term in order to bolster the money.

And I'm sure I'll enjoy the rlm review of it more than the movie itself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Serious question: is anyone here even going to bother to go see this pile of shit? Star Wars is pretty much already dead to me at this point. I’m just trying to decide if want to see a conclusion to this train wreck. I’m leaning towards no.
I will check out the D&D Old Republic movies if the trailers look solid. Pretty much nk way i see this unless FoH tells me it's the second coming of Empire Strikes Back.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was done with this franchise after TFA, but Lanx Lanx and others were telling me about Leia Poppins in TLJ and i had to throw it on stream. it was worse than i ever could have imagined. i'm sure this will be a step in the right direction, but i will wait a long time before i bother checking it out. No Luke Leia or Han. no point at all. not interested in a bluebie Luke or a CGI Leia either.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

I'd only go if JJ had done TLJ and we had a cohesive storyline to follow-- similar to the Marvel franchises where there is at least some overarching story.

A trilogy should have a setup, a confrontation, and a climax. Act 1, Act 2, Act 3. Especially in Star Wars where the three-act structure has been made a part of the brand.

That aside, failure to follow an even loose Marvel formula has made the decision for me. They haven't been paid for TLJ or Solo by me and they won't be paid for this either until they fix their IP.

Last edited:
  • 1Like