Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Serious question: is anyone here even going to bother to go see this pile of shit? Star Wars is pretty much already dead to me at this point. I’m just trying to decide if want to see a conclusion to this train wreck. I’m leaning towards no.
You're all going to watch this crap the same way you're all going to suck down every piece of shit Marvel film Disney throws on your plate. Open wide fellas.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Salty
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
new disney streaming service mang, shit won't ever see netflix
well see. I think it'll flop so hard that it will.

They'll put it on their own until the buys dry up then try to farm it out.

Only the GOOD stuff will be exclusive.

But I could be wrong.

Tlj went to Netflix super super fast.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even the Cinema Sins 'Everything wrong with The Last Jedi' on youtube was intolerable, that's how fucking bad Ep 8 was. So no, I won't be seeing Ep 9.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
well see. I think it'll flop so hard that it will.

They'll put it on their own until the buys dry up then try to farm it out.

Only the GOOD stuff will be exclusive.

But I could be wrong.

Tlj went to Netflix super super fast.

TLJ made over 1.3 billion. They also already had a deal in place with Netflix before TLJ came out. It's the last SW movie to ever be on the platform. If you really think that Netflix is ever going to get a Disney show ever again you would be horribly wrong. They will have the Disney streaming service and Hulu. They've already said that everything SW, Marvel, and Disney will be Disney+ exclusive from now on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
IMG_4816.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-03-27-at-6.26.45-AM.png
Where's the fat oriental girl?

iannis

Musty Nester
TLJ made over 1.3 billion. They also already had a deal in place with Netflix before TLJ came out. It's the last SW movie to ever be on the platform. If you really think that Netflix is ever going to get a Disney show ever again you would be horribly wrong. They will have the Disney streaming service and Hulu. They've already said that everything SW, Marvel, and Disney will be Disney+ exclusive from now on.

Could be. I guess the last jedi is the last one I'll ever watch.

Seems fitting. Even that was about four too many. Lol.

Things like this do change though, and my prognostication is Disney is going to have a harder time with market share than they seem to anticipate. I do think it will be more sluggish than they're ultimately comfortable with which will lead to reevaluations based on properties. But not an abandonment of the program.an

They are the elephant, but they still have to advertise. They can either pay to do that or defray costs. Yes, they dominate the studios and will for the forseeable future but entertainment options are ever increasing. Even Disney has to remind people about Disney.

I actually think the Disney plan is a good plan for them. But I also think they'll have to modify it.

If they were smaller or less influential I'd think they d have to abandon it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Could be. I guess the last jedi is the last one I'll ever watch.

Seems fitting. Even that was about four too many. Lol.

Things like this do change though, and my prognostication is Disney is going to have a harder time with market share than they seem to anticipate. I do think it will be more sluggish than they're ultimately comfortable with which will lead to reevaluations based on properties. But not an abandonment of the program.an

They are the elephant, but they still have to advertise. They can either pay to that or defray costs.

I actually think the Disney plan is a good plan for them. But I also think they'll have to modify it.

If they were smaller or less influential I'd think they d have to abandon it.

I think you are underestimating Disney+. Just them putting classic Disney movies from the Vault on there is gonna draw a lot of people. Let alone they are going to have a huge catalog. I mean even stuff like Indiana Jones and all of the Pixar stuff is going to be only on Disney+. Especially with them now having all of Fox too. Plus I would be totally surprised if they don't even pull some universal subscription so you get Hulu and Disney+ together.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh, I agree. That's why I think that if it wasn't disney it would be a stupid plan. But they do have a lot that they can offer for the exclusivity so it makes a lot of business sense.

My objection really is more about sustaining it long term. Maybe the name is strong enough alone... but with content gated behind an exclusivity wall it's making it harder to attract new customers. Disney itself isn't trying to be boutique even if some of their products are.

I mean they've made their money back on Star Wars along with a healthy profit. It's a very solid win -- but I really do think they anticipated more. They were talking about 30 years worth of star wars movies. We're not going to see that. They might do a couple more.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Serious question: is anyone here even going to bother to go see this pile of shit? Star Wars is pretty much already dead to me at this point. I’m just trying to decide if want to see a conclusion to this train wreck. I’m leaning towards no.
I was dragged to the second Hobbit but I didn't refuse. the third I couldn't even be dragged.
I rate my feelings towards this at Hobbit 2

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Episode 9 will be a solid torrent for me without feeling any remorse.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'll be there opening night advance screening whatever. I actually liked the Last Jedi and only regret that it was Episode 8 instead of Episode 7.5 as there is now an obligation to finish the Trilogy of Trilogies with this next movie.

• 3Garbage
  • 2Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 8 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'll see it on opening weekend for sure.

I liked TFA a lot even though it was a copy of ANH, I like Rogue One, I liked Solo. The Last Jedi, I enjoyed to some extent when viewed superficially, when you really sit down and analyze it though, it's pretty awful. It's definitely the weakest one. That said for me they are 3 for 4, and it's still Star Wars...I still remember coming out of the theater in '77 as an 8 years old kid, totally in awe...and that feeling never left me. Star Wars soundtrack still me goosebumps 40 years later. :)

So there's no way I'll miss the end of the trilogy of trilogies.

• 4Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
By "sit down and analyze" do you mean "watching it with the sound on"?

• 11Worf
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 16 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
TFA, TLJ, and the butchering of the expanded universe turned me from a parent who wanted to share Star Wars with my kids to one that avoids all of their merch and instead go for totally new IPs that my kids can grow to love like I loved Star Wars.

• 11Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'll see it on opening weekend for sure.

I liked TFA a lot even though it was a copy of ANH, I like Rogue One, I liked Solo. The Last Jedi, I enjoyed to some extent when viewed superficially, when you really sit down and analyze it though, it's pretty awful. It's definitely the weakest one. That said for me they are 3 for 4, and it's still Star Wars...I still remember coming out of the theater in '77 as an 8 years old kid, totally in awe...and that feeling never left me. Star Wars soundtrack still me goosebumps 40 years later. :)

So there's no way I'll miss the end of the trilogy of trilogies.
Shitheads like yourself are the reason every movie put out today is an unoriginal piece of shit reboot or sequel. I can just picture your ugly face smiling ear to ear with tears welling up in your eyes as Disney stuffs your fat mouth with nostalgia and social programming. OH BOY IT'S THE MILLENNIUM FALCON! SEEING THAT TAKES ME BACK TO MY CHILDHOOD AND BRIEFLY ALLOWS ME TO FORGET ABOUT HOW PATHETIC MY ADULT LIFE IS! The Mouse is literally taking advantage of you being an emotionally stunted man-child and forcing you to pay to watch him rape your childhood heroes. You ready to watch Lando bend over and take that Mouse dick?

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
  • 3Mic Drop
Reactions: 16 users