Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Shitheads like yourself are the reason every movie put out today is an unoriginal piece of shit reboot or sequel. I can just picture your ugly face smiling ear to ear with tears welling up in your eyes as Disney stuffs your fat mouth with nostalgia and social programming. OH BOY IT'S THE MILLENNIUM FALCON! SEEING THAT TAKES ME BACK TO MY CHILDHOOD AND BRIEFLY ALLOWS ME TO FORGET ABOUT HOW PATHETIC MY ADULT LIFE IS! The Mouse is literally taking advantage of you being an emotionally stunted man-child and forcing you to pay to watch him rape your childhood heroes. You ready to watch Lando bend over and take that Mouse dick?

This is pretty accurate.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is pretty accurate.

I mean...seeing the Millennium Falcon is cool. But most functioning adults/Star Wars fans should be able to know that a brief Millennium Falcon cameo in a shitty movie is still a shitty movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Best comparison I heard was that it's like Katy Perry critiquing Mozart.

Lord of the Rings was explictly written to be white people mythology, since Christianity then the Normal Conquest wiped out English folklore. Brown people didn't need mythologies written for them.

It's also a product of the time period it was written to take place in with the role of women, but he does show modern attitudes to women being correct via characters like Galadriel and Eowyn.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just had a vision of what the LotR might look like if shot today, now I need to drink a lot to unsee it, I guess

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Anyone who judges the past through the lens of today is not only a short sighted idiot they are also failing to learn the lessons of the past, why things were the way they were, and how they could become that way again.

Funding morons.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I just had a vision of what the LotR might look like if shot today, now I need to drink a lot to unsee it, I guess

DUW3JqwVwAA5Z62.jpg

• 26Worf
  • 3Barf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 32 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'll see it on opening weekend for sure.

I liked TFA a lot even though it was a copy of ANH, I like Rogue One, I liked Solo. The Last Jedi, I enjoyed to some extent when viewed superficially, when you really sit down and analyze it though, it's pretty awful. It's definitely the weakest one. That said for me they are 3 for 4, and it's still Star Wars...I still remember coming out of the theater in '77 as an 8 years old kid, totally in awe...and that feeling never left me. Star Wars soundtrack still me goosebumps 40 years later. :)

So there's no way I'll miss the end of the trilogy of trilogies.
saw it in 77 too, was a huge star wars nerd til 99 when Lucas went full retard, its been downhill ever since. WAKE UP!

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
You mean a group of female lesbian/bi dwarves and a gay group of varying colored hobbits?

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
At first I didn't scroll all the way down the black LOTR poster due to its size.

Then I did and saw the riders were Klansmen, fucken LOL.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Best comparison I heard was that it's like Katy Perry critiquing Mozart.

Lord of the Rings was explictly written to be white people mythology, since Christianity then the Normal Conquest wiped out English folklore. Brown people didn't need mythologies written for them.

It's also a product of the time period it was written to take place in with the role of women, but he does show modern attitudes to women being correct via characters like Galadriel and Eowyn.
A migit and a woman vanquished an ancient evil which killed an entire nation of men.

I would say that's a progressive message. Unless you're a racist.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

These people are drowning in the koolaid.

Last Jedi is the third best Star Wars Movie after Empire and Rogue One and anyone who disagrees can go straight to hell. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 dollars.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users