Karazhan Raider
D38DC643-1200-4088-9E02-A0C56923A78B_jpeg-911426.JPG

• 8Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah but those are more like Easter Eggs really. I meant actual character with lines and shit. Or I guess we can say Rex was first as he was retconned as this guy. lol.
Star-Wars-Rebels-Return-Jedi-Captain-Rex-Theory.jpg
This was a fan theory and they never officially declared him to be *that* guy, they simply left it open ended by saying Hera and Rex fought at the battle of Endor in the Rebels epilogue. This let fans make their own headcanon while not actually defining anything.

But the cartoons developed the universe so much more than 7-9 ever could and they are still canon. So in some ways I'm glad they didn't bastardize it but the lacking popularity for their latest show (Resistance) vs. Clone Wars and Rebels highlights how much they screwed up.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Hell, that’s pretty much all JJ does is rip off other better movies/directors. Particularly Spielberg. He admittedly ripped off Lucas for TFA. Why not go back to the Spielberg well one more time and rip him off again too.
You're an idiot if you think Star Wars (yeah, the first one) isn't also a rip of other movies. There's even a critical analysis taught to film students of where Lucas got every shot for every scene in it, as well as the plot being ripped from other things.

It's just more obvious today because we've all watched hundreds and hundreds of movies. There's nothing original.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You're an idiot if you think Star Wars (yeah, the first one) isn't also a rip of other movies. There's even a critical analysis taught to film students of where Lucas got every shot for every scene in it, as well as the plot being ripped from other things.

It's just more obvious today because we've all watched hundreds and hundreds of movies. There's nothing original.
Lucas wasnt ripping off Flash Gordon, he wanted to remake it, he couldnt get the rights so he went in a slightly different direction, but basically made FG anyway.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I honestly don´t care. If they do a Boba Fett origins story that does not suck, it will have been worth it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
Lucas wasnt ripping off Flash Gordon, he wanted to remake it, he couldnt get the rights so he went in a slightly different direction, but basically made FG anyway.
The Hidden Fortress was also a HUGH "influence" on Star Wars

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
IMG-20190413-WA0003.jpg
Highly possible this can happen, Disney and Kunt Kennedy are beyond retarded.

They had the power in themselves all along, they only needed the journey to prove it to themselves!

giphy.gif

This might have worked if you had not spent the whole last movie just shitting on Luke.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

I would not be surprised if Kennedy "retires" after the release.

Don't think so.

The timeline of the hiatus and D&D's trilogy development jives completely with Kennedy's contract renewal.

She'll oversee the hiatus from the big screen, then there will be a changing of the guard when its time to put Star Wars back on the silver screen AFTER, and only AFTER creating enough good-will and characters worthy of big screen treatment.

The small screen move is designed to rebuild the IP while new opportunities come up in the next 3 years of Kennedy's contract. Her retirement would be completely unexpected and shocking during this hiatus.

The ironic sidebar is-- she's a mega film producer with huge blockbuster accolades under her belt.

She is not being allowed to produce films anymore. Irony aside, that amounts to a serious kick to the ovaries for Kennedy.

Ouch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user