Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I mean, probably everyone assumes 9 will have a nonending so Disney can continue smashing their Rebellion and Empire action figures together for eternity (slightly change the names every generation), but wasn't "people telling Luke Skywalker's story" literally how 8 ended? Have we all blocked broom kid out of our memories?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I lost pretty much any genuine interest in Star Wars the night Phantom Menace came out. Rogue One was ok, I guess. New trailer looks meh.

I would have actually liked Rogue One without Forrest Whitaker.

It's not that I dislike Forrest Whitaker. I like him fine. That character destroyed the whole movie for me. It was just too much trope in one place.

Otherwise I did kinda like Rog1.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I would have actually liked Rogue One without Forrest Whitaker.

It's not that I dislike Forrest Whitaker. I like him fine. That character destroyed the whole movie for me. It was just too much trope in one place.

Otherwise I did kinda like Rog1.

Trope? Like how?

I liked Rogue One. It's the first Star Warsy feeling film in a long time.

I'm excited for the sequel.

• 1Seriously?

iannis

Musty Nester
It was the final scene with him standing in the base as the 'splosion started that just dislocated my eyeballs from rolling so hard.

That's probably just me though. As soon as he appeared on the screen everything he did was exactly what I expected him to do. It was probably just me being overly analytical. I'm willing to let it go and say Rog1 was mostly a good star wars movie. Even if the RLM guys didn't like it much!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It was the final scene with him standing in the base as the 'splosion started that just dislocated my eyeballs from rolling so hard.

That's probably just me though. As soon as he appeared on the screen everything he did was exactly what I expected him to do. It was probably just me being overly analytical. I'm willing to let it go and say Rog1 was mostly a good star wars movie. Even if the RLM guys didn't like it much!

His character's biggest achievement was being the first to originate from the cartoons and brought into live action.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Trope? Like how?

I liked Rogue One. It's the first Star Warsy feeling film in a long time.

I'm excited for the sequel.
Didn't the sequel come out in 1977?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Rogue Two comes out in 2022.
I mean...like the end of Rogue One was A New Hope. What are they doing for a sequel?

Actually, never mind. I don't even want to know what Disney is gonna do with this shit.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
There's a reason you nerds are going to die alone and miserable. Sure they jacked up the SW series by not pre-constructing the story before producing the trilogy, but it's entertainment, and something to get our mind off our daily lives. Stop over-critiquing every aspect and either enjoy or can it. FFS children probably have a better time viewing this stuff because their imaginations are still fully functioning, not degraded by years of alcohol abuse or bitterness towards society.

Look at me, I don't care--that means I'm better than you.

How pathetic must you feel in real life to post garbage like this? Not caring about anything should have been a fucking emo phase you graduated out of by 15. Stop being a moron and complaining about people discussing things on a discussion forum. Christ. What do you do in your spare time, rage at how dumb baseball is at baseball games?

• 1Ice Burn
  • 1Mic Drop
  • 1Solidarity

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
In response to Masakari Masakari 's post, I would just like to say that I can only hope to die alone. Some peace and quiet from my kids sounds amazing right now.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
His character's biggest achievement was being the first to originate from the cartoons and brought into live action.

Chopper and the Ghost also make an appearance but I think you're right about Saw being the first to appear

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Chopper and the Ghost also make an appearance but I think you're right about Saw being the first to appear

Yeah but those are more like Easter Eggs really. I meant actual character with lines and shit. Or I guess we can say Rex was first as he was retconned as this guy. lol.
Star-Wars-Rebels-Return-Jedi-Captain-Rex-Theory.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Oh shit I had forgotten about them using the ole retcon stick for that. A+ change IMO.

• 1Like

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
I'm beginning to think JJ is an unoriginal hack and a fraud as a director....

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users