Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Did this episode have a spoiler guy on reddit like the last one did? I can't even remember if he was remotely accurate. It's hard to give leaks like that any legitimate attention.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
A lot of supposed leaks have been floated out there but for TFA the real leaks happened shortly after Ford's injury and were related to the adjustments made in the production schedule due to that. People were laid off and started putting what they knew out there. There hasn't been anything comparable to that since. Most of the "leaks" related to the plot for TLJ end up getting dissected and shot down. Making Star Wars has gradually thrown quite a bit of stuff out there that ends up being confirmed but nothing on the level of what they had for TFA and very little of it related to the plot of the movie.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The spoilers for TFA were released in Theaters around the country in 1977

• 10Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Hope they do something unexpected with Luke. Not necessarily turning bad since that is not unforeseeable but something interesting.

They are overdoing it with anthology films, tv shows, another one in the works for disney's streaming service, video games and so on. While it feels like Star Wars overkill at this point I gotta say, Last Jedi seems right visually. The look is more weathered and exciting than the kind of sterilized cgi from the prequels.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Hope they do something unexpected with Luke. Not necessarily turning bad since that is not unforeseeable but something interesting.

They are overdoing it with anthology films, tv shows, another one in the works for disney's streaming service, video games and so on. While it feels like Star Wars overkill at this point I gotta say, Last Jedi seems right visually. The look is more weathered and exciting than the kind of sterilized cgi from the prequels.

Seems like a lot of the fan speculation is looking at Luke as being some abstract antagonist outside the Light vs Dark battle. I wonder if Snoke will wield a light saber?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Seems like a lot of the fan speculation is looking at Luke as being some abstract antagonist outside the Light vs Dark battle. I wonder if Snoke will wield a light saber?

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

I wonder if Snoke will wield a light saber?

Unless it's something that's on Rian Johnson's no fly list (things that are not to be shown in any of the marketing material) it doesn't seem likely since there are even less indications (ie. absolutely nothing) that he uses one than there are for Luke doing so at this point.

Whether it was intentional or not on Lucas's part, there was always the impression that powerful force users like Yoda and Palpatine had foregone the use of lightsabers in the OT (which of course he threw out the window in the prequels and TCW animated series). Maybe they're going back in that direction.

Last edited:

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Unless it's something that's on Rian Johnson's no fly list (things that are not to be shown in any of the marketing material) it doesn't seem likely since there are even less indications (ie. absolutely nothing) that he uses one than there are for Luke doing so at this point.

Whether it was intentional or not on Lucas's part, there was always the impression that powerful force users like Yoda and Palpatine had foregone the use of lightsabers in the OT (which of course he threw out the window in the prequels and TCW animated series). Maybe they're going back in that direction.

I hope they stick with that concept. Being that powerful should graduate you from needing a light saber and it really speaks to the force user's power.

I'm digging Snoke though and hope he has some type of hidden omnipotence...unless they make him some flambouyant overlord to appease the Hollywood crowd and to also make a social statement that gays too can rule the galaxy. Disney's never short of fun ideas lol.

• 1Picard

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm really hoping they go far left field on who is Snoke and Rey's bloodline. Something that we would of never thought of but at the same time it makes sense.
Some fan sites are saying that Snoke is a ancient force vampire that has recently woke up from a long slumber and Rey is a Palpatine descendant and not Skywalker one.

Last edited:

Royal

Apparently the shot of the soldiers running in while firing just before the x-wings fly over isn't from the movie. That's uncharted territory for trying to reveal as little as possible through trailers.

tumblr_inline_ozj9dzIsv11ugexq0_500.png

Royal

I'm really hoping they go far left field on who is Snoke and Rey's bloodline. Something that we would of never thought of but at the same time it makes sense.
Some fan sites are saying that Snoke is a ancient force vampire that has recently woke up from a long slumber and Rey is a Palpatine descendant and not Skywalker one.

Whoever Rey's parents are someone will have thought of it by now. After two years of theorycrafting her father would have to be the dewback that was lounging outside the Mos Eisley cantina in ANH in order to be someone that hasn't had a six paragraph thesis put forward explaining their bonafides as Rey's potential parent.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Apparently the shot of the soldiers running in while firing just before the x-wings fly over isn't from the movie. That's uncharted territory for trying to reveal as little as possible through trailers.

tumblr_inline_ozj9dzIsv11ugexq0_500.png
Movie trailers have stuff not in the movie all the time. Is that a comparison screenshot of that same scene in the game or something, with the watermarks? Because that would be new. Normally MIA scenes in trailers have some reasoning but are still sourced from filming obviously.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Any time you have a scene in a trailer that isn't in the movie, it's simply a cut scene. Sometimes it's a cut camera angle, sometimes it's a superfluous line of dialogue. It's nothing sinister

• 1Like