Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The last rumblings to come out about the possible Fett movie was that it was going to be a rogues gallery bounty hunter movie with Fett as a key character. I don't think you'll get your Smokin' Aces flavor though.

Man a Pulp Fiction style bounty hunter movie with Fett, Bossk, IG88, all those guys doing loosely interconnected bounty hunter shit, that would be serious.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Nobody ever remembers Zuckuss.

Blame Kenner.

You couldn't just buy his action figure back in the day. You had to send in proofs of purchase from other figures to get him.

You could almost add the diaper head Dengar to the always forgotten list but he does get plenty of love on the Lego Star Wars show, though hardly anyone watches it.

Royal

Lucas would never have gone along with full-fledged grey jedis. Not sold on Disney going that route either but it has got some inventiveness.

I don't think we'll see grey jedi as they have traditionally been defined. It will probably more along the lines of light side force users who don't prescribe to all of the Jedi dogma just as we're seeing dark side force users who don't hold with the ways of the Sith.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I don't think we'll see grey jedi has they have traditionally been defined. It will probably more along the lines of light side force users who don't prescribe to all of the Jedi dogma just as we're seeing dark side force users who don't hold with the ways of the Sith.
That would be interesting, which is what I'm hoping for. Not expecting Disney to be that nuanced.

Dig the grey jedi idea. Also dig the idea of Rey killing Luke, but not Luke sacrificing himself for insert a reason here. Last thing we need is Obi Wan jr.

Royal

That would be interesting, which is what I'm hoping for. Not expecting Disney to be that nuanced.

They've been sowing the seeds outside of the movies for going in that direction though. That doesn't mean they'll ultimately follow through on it necessarily but I think they're trying to get longtime fans used to the idea of believers in the force as something other than 2 exclusive, diametrically opposed camps.

Royal

It's probably just some creative editing but Rey saying she sees light, darkness, and something else with the visual hint that the something is Snoke would suggest that he's truly something different than anything else we've seen before him.

And I wonder if that music is part of the score. That's very different from anything John Williams has served up for Star Wars before. I do like it though.

edit: HQ version of the video

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Big event tonight with the cast and crew. They are showing the first 10 minutes to press and a very limited amount of people that somehow won the right to see it. Potentially and probably no NDA so if you aren't a "hated TFA arglebargle" board member and want to avoid real spoilers, tonight is probably your "go dark" night.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Big event tonight with the cast and crew. They are showing the first 10 minutes to press and a very limited amount of people that somehow won the right to see it. Potentially and probably no NDA so if you aren't a "hated TFA arglebargle" board member and want to avoid real spoilers, tonight is probably your "go dark" night.

Oh, you. Only trolls hated TFA, many people just correctly viewed it as mediocre soft reboot of EP IV.

What they hated was Rogue One which was a giant pile of shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Full disclosure, i watched R1 for probably the 15th time this week and still loved it. Do your worst.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I saw R1 once and TFA twice. Enjoyed them enough but have no desire to see either again. That's about all I expect out of modern Star Wars.

• 2Barf
  • 1Like

Royal

They're reusing a lot of the same footage for the TV spots over and over but they tacked on a extra half second to the Rey and the rock scene that, when you pair it with one of the new Lego set box covers, is a little revealing.

0ySP4OT.jpg

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Has the theory been entertained that Snoke may be an ancient force user? or possibly a force vampire?

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I've seen that theory, but I like the theory that he is a... (spoiler just in case)
a Whill
Force_Priestesses.png

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've seen that theory, but I like the theory that he is a... (spoiler just in case)
a Whill
Force_Priestesses.png

what are those? i remember whills being thought to be yoda's race forever ago, and then obviously rogue one temple of the whills, but at what point did those things get named as whills? what are they?

Royal

what are those? i remember whills being thought to be yoda's race forever ago, and then obviously rogue one temple of the whills, but at what point did those things get named as whills? what are they?

They're the force priestesses that trained Yoda , or rather put him through his trials, to learn the ability to manifest himself as a force ghost after death in TCW series. To my knowledge neither they nor any other beings have been definitively identified as the Whills. It's not an uncommon assumption but nothing official has ever named them as such.