Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Juvarisx

Florida
That account is a legit leaker so take it as probably real.

I do hope its good, I loved those books when I was younger

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don't see any way they could do the actual books (which would be amazing) without recasting Luke, Leia and Han. So my guess is unless they're going to embrace the uncanny valley CGI shit they did with Luke in Mandalorian, it's Heir to the Empire in name only.

Goatface

guess will get ashaoka taking luke's part with the return of ehrenreich and glover as han and lando. ashaoka and jade will be gay. jedi clone will be after rey's mom.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I don't see any way they could do the actual books (which would be amazing) without recasting Luke, Leia and Han. So my guess is unless they're going to embrace the uncanny valley CGI shit they did with Luke in Mandalorian, it's Heir to the Empire in name only.
They are using story plot points from it. Thrawn and his unknown region fleet, the force sensitive cloning, him allying with a Dark Jedi. Instead of Luke and company it is the Rebels crew and Ahsoka that take him on.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
guess will get ashaoka taking luke's part with the return of ehrenreich and glover as han and lando. ashaoka and jade will be gay. jedi clone will be after rey's mom.
I think that Ahsoka will be more into the Dark Jedi and apprentice with Ezra being the main foil for Thrawn. Considering it was Ezra that defeated him last time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

This would be much better than what we will actually get.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What we will get will be Strong Female Characters. It will all be garbage.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nobody is above the Story Group.

Filoni knows what he needs to include to be granted Rian Johnson levels of creative freedom.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Have some faith in Filoni. It might suck, dude certainly doesn't have a perfect track record, but he's pretty much the rightful heir to the IP and genuinely loves it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Filoni is a doer. The Story Group is a do notter. The group doesn't even pretend to try.

• 1Great Review
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Kind of side related, but Disney is shutting down that expensive Starliner hotel/themed larp thing permanently in September

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Kind of side related, but Disney is shutting down that expensive Starliner hotel/themed larp thing permanently in September

Which is what makes the Rey announcement odd.

It's no secret the Star Wars park never performed to expectation. I guess they just chalked it up to COVID and brand fatigue, or possibly just poor design of the park itself.

Juvarisx

Florida
Which is what makes the Rey announcement odd.

It's no secret the Star Wars park never performed to expectation. I guess they just chalked it up to COVID and brand fatigue, or possibly just poor design of the park itself.

I went to the Star Wars area in Hollywood Studios last summer, and the real issue is there is only the two rides, and while both are quite great honestly, its needs more. They were def making bank the day I went though, the line to make Lightsabers was ridiculous. The cantina bar thing they made is actually neat though and the drinks are tasty, but yea the park part isn't a problem, its probably performing as well as it can with rides at max capacity.

That hotel on the other hand is something else entirely. My boss is a major SW nerd and has the disposable income to do it and didn't want to. You have to be into larping which works great if you are a kid under 12 or whatever, but as an adult you need a comfort level most parents wont be comfortable with. It really was super expensive too, my wifes best friend did it with her husband and 3 kids, the kids had an absoletely amazing time but the adults were bored. Its like the perfect concept to be able to let the kids run around as there are staff literally everywhere so it couldn't be more safe but they didnt even add a pool. I think the 2 nights cost them like 10 grand as well so it was just all too much.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
1685407610135.png

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users