Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
huh. I realize she's still performing for a camera in that entire video, but she's a lot more charming than I would have guessed. I guess it helps that she's not using a cutesy up-pitched voice like so many chicks do online either, just a normal conversational voice.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
huh. I realize she's still performing for a camera in that entire video, but she's a lot more charming than I would have guessed. I guess it helps that she's not using a cutesy up-pitched voice like so many chicks do online either, just a normal conversational voice.
She's always been like that. It comes out more in her cosplay videos like that or when she does vids showing how she makes stuff. Even her old like mail opening vids.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
She's always been like that. It comes out more in her cosplay videos like that or when she does vids showing how she makes stuff. Even her old like mail opening vids.
you guys talking about the Nigri chick? she has pretty eyes, her tits are plastic looking though. my current youtuber crush is Hannah Ricketts. Brit chick goes around the fancy stores and tourist stuff in London and prattles on for a half hour about them. she's adorable.
iu

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

She goes on streams with Twitch streamers all the time. She is good in front of a camera, there is a reason why she was able to maintain popularity for so long.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
i think Ahsoka is the only thing that isnt vaporware at this point and that trailer was released.

There was a behind closed doors footage / trailers of Skeleton Crew and The Acolyte at that recent Star Wars Celebration. Ashoka was the only one publically released, they want to give people an incentive to actually go to these things I guess.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There was a behind closed doors footage / trailers of Skeleton Crew and The Acolyte at that recent Star Wars Celebration. Ashoka was the only one publically released, they want to give people an incentive to actually go to these things I guess.
i dont know anything about Skeleton Crew, other than its another F&F based show? The Acolyte is some woke shite with Harvey Weinstein's secretary producing it? yeah that one aint gonna see the light of day.

Juvarisx

Florida
i dont know anything about Skeleton Crew, other than its another F&F based show? The Acolyte is some woke shite with Harvey Weinstein's secretary producing it? yeah that one aint gonna see the light of day.

Skeleton Crew is supposed to be a Goonies like adventure and has Jude Law as a Jedi.
Acolyte is 100 years prior to Episode 1 and has Carrie Ann Moss, X-23 from Logan, the lead from Squid Game and Tommen from GoT. Dunno where that Weinstein thing is from but the creator is the person who created Russian Doll.

There is crap quality footage for both around

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Skeleton Crew is supposed to be a Goonies like adventure and has Jude Law as a Jedi.
Acolyte is 100 years prior to Episode 1 and has Carrie Ann Moss, X-23 from Logan, the lead from Squid Game and Tommen from GoT. Dunno where that Weinstein thing is from but the creator is the person who created Russian Doll.

There is crap quality footage for both around
yes, that is Harvey's secretary.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The thing they need to understand is Star Wars is not for todays kids. They dont give a fuck about Star wars and never have. Shit my 20 yr old kids never EVER cared for Star Wars, and believe me, I tried to get them to like it. Star Wars is for the 40-50 yr olds 80s kids who are grown up almost boomers now. They dont want kids movies with furry cute things but actual dramatic adult plot lines that make sense to get immersed in the universe again as adults. And who knows maybe if the right the ship into something like that, then maybe the kids will get on board.

Saying kids today are a huge untapped market for them so they shouldn't try and appeal to them is contradictory.

Don't think that had really been their problem as much as being incompetent and making garbage

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
man i hate to admit it but the older i get the more i appreciate george. at least he had conviction and a good moral fiber even if his later outings were questionable.
lucas is extremely talented but REALLY needs people around him to tell him, "no." he comes up with crazy ideas and if there's no one to reign him in he just goes off the rails and not in a good way. he needs people around him with foresight to tell him where things are going and all the unintended consequences. he's brilliant at creating worlds but struggles with details. that interview is a perfect example of great insight into what he WANTED out of all that political intrigue in phantom menace, but without any checks and balances in the early stages, it all got bogged down in super boring tedium and by the time he realized what kind of chimera he created, it was too late to do anything about it. all the scenes were dependent on each other so he couldn't even really clean it up much.

people love to hate on executive producers and studio involvement but this is exactly why they exist. the OT made so much money and became such a huge cultural phenomenon that people just let him do whatever he wanted with the faith that everything would all come together but obviously they didn't. but then on the other hand, you have current execs having the exact opposite issue. they have ZERO vision. they fundamentally don't understand what star wars is about and so no matter how "technically competent" the movie is (last jedi notwithstanding, that movie was a mess), it completely falls flat with the audience.

the only thing current star wars (less so with filoni's stuff) is concerned about is making money, whereas lucas never REALLY cared about money. i mean, he did, he absolutely added stuff to his movies specifically for merchandising, but it always came across like the money was a means to an end. the more money he made with star wars, the more freedom he had to do what he wanted with star wars. with current star wars, money is the end goal in and of itself.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In the same vein as George's prequel story, his sequel scripts had a purpose. Love it or hate it, it had a reason to exist and a reason he wanted to make them-- a reason beyond "Dat Palpatine guy is back!!!" that JarJar Abrams came up with, or "It's that thing again!!!" (Death Star plot recycled)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lucas is extremely talented but REALLY needs people around him to tell him, "no." he comes up with crazy ideas and if there's no one to reign him in he just goes off the rails and not in a good way. he needs people around him with foresight to tell him where things are going and all the unintended consequences. he's brilliant at creating worlds but struggles with details. that interview is a perfect example of great insight into what he WANTED out of all that political intrigue in phantom menace, but without any checks and balances in the early stages, it all got bogged down in super boring tedium and by the time he realized what kind of chimera he created, it was too late to do anything about it. all the scenes were dependent on each other so he couldn't even really clean it up much.

people love to hate on executive producers and studio involvement but this is exactly why they exist. the OT made so much money and became such a huge cultural phenomenon that people just let him do whatever he wanted with the faith that everything would all come together but obviously they didn't. but then on the other hand, you have current execs having the exact opposite issue. they have ZERO vision. they fundamentally don't understand what star wars is about and so no matter how "technically competent" the movie is (last jedi notwithstanding, that movie was a mess), it completely falls flat with the audience.

the only thing current star wars (less so with filoni's stuff) is concerned about is making money, whereas lucas never REALLY cared about money. i mean, he did, he absolutely added stuff to his movies specifically for merchandising, but it always came across like the money was a means to an end. the more money he made with star wars, the more freedom he had to do what he wanted with star wars. with current star wars, money is the end goal in and of itself.
this is the same thing going on with Marvel. Feige was great when he had people to tell him to STFU about his dumb inclusion shit. Lucas was great when he had somebody to tell him to STFU about his obnoxious aliens, Whills and Midichlorion shit. when those people were removed, things went off a cliff. Marcia Lucas is the unsung hero of the OT. she knew how to keep George in check. then he ditched her and started burning coal and everything turned to shit.

spronk

FPS noob

filoni has already said the villain for his movie will be Thrawn

never read em but I assume its a reference to Zahn's books

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users