Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lol they aren't retconning the Disney trilogy, you people are delusional. And even if they did - what would it accomplish? You'd still have Disney making more shitty, cucked Star Wars movies. It's over, let it go.
Yes. But. They may throw out a hail Mary to draw fans back in. Like I dunno, a Lucas favreaux reboot. We will know for sure when it comes time to renew KK's contract. She gets picked up, then no way in Hell. They toss her the fuck out and put a star wars friendly person in there, then a very slim maybe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Lol they aren't retconning the Disney trilogy, you people are delusional. And even if they did - what would it accomplish? You'd still have Disney making more shitty, cucked Star Wars movies. It's over, let it go.

John farvra movie could be awesome.

It you read the article you see the roumor is John vs Kathleen for a control over the story.

John is an amazing director and "gets" star wars as proven in the Mandalorian. oh ya and those iron man movies he did...

What would it accomplish ? entertainment for many people. Something fun to bullshit about with your buddies.
What the fuck else would it accomplish, solve world hunger? fuck your posts are stupid. - Who bitch this is?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The only way to save the Star Wars franchise is to make a bunch of solid video games and hope people forget about EPs 8+9 and Solo.

Then you can do a new story with a Jon Favreau or Taika Waititi directing from there, after a few years of palette cleansing.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Too bad we're going to get Disney+ streaming shows until 2030, most with 8 episode seasons, until they get enough market research to determine which characters / eras work and then they'll do a replacement trilogy.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Yes. But. They may throw out a hail Mary to draw fans back in. Like I dunno, a Lucas favreaux reboot. We will know for sure when it comes time to renew KK's contract. She gets picked up, then no way in Hell. They toss her the fuck out and put a star wars friendly person in there, then a very slim maybe.
Yeah I don't see it. Retconning the Disney trilogy isn't going to make people forget about it; the damage has already been done. I can't imagine Lucas and Disney ever finding a way to work together either, Lucas would never be able to cope with the studio's meddling. I think the best path forward for Star Wars is to keep the focus away from the Disney trilogy as much as possible and create quality stories from the original canon that appeals to their core fans (such as the Mandalorian, Obi Wan spin off, a Maul movie, etc).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I don't see it. Retconning the Disney trilogy isn't going to make people forget about it; the damage has already been done. I can't imagine Lucas and Disney ever finding a way to work together either, Lucas would never be able to cope with the studio's meddling. I think the best path forward for Star Wars is to keep the focus away from the Disney trilogy as much as possible and create quality stories from the original canon that appeals to their core fans (such as the Mandalorian, Obi Wan spin off, a Maul movie, etc).
i dunno, their next series for disney + is some woke garbage that KK slid in without approval. Mandalorian is only goig to go so far once they give in and make it all baby yoda all the time. Baby Yoda is a double edged sword. it turned the show into a hit, but nobody likes being upstaged by a puppet and its going to suck once every scene is, whats Baby Yoda doing? they really need to dump him in season 2 and focus more on Mando doing Mando things or the show is going to tank heavily. and if they did a Lucas/Favreaux reboot, then Lucas would get his input, but understands he isnt in charge. I'm sure he would be happy with that after they tossed all his ideas for the sequels in the garbage. personally i just want them to give Luke a better ending . we had a great ending with Return of the Jedi. but they couldnt leave him be, they had to destroy him in order to prop up their Mary Sue who they fired anyway.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

They're working on a reboot with Lucas.

Lucas wanted creative but Iger kept Favreau at the reins.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm sure he would be happy with that after they tossed all his ideas for the sequels in the garbage.

he wasn't happy with it. His ultimatum was full creative control of Lucas Film.

The Bob's got him to acquiesce. That could cause friction with Favreau down the line.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

If Jon Favreau is behind it, I have faith it'll be 1000% better and done in an acceptable manner.

Thing is, they could spin off Star Wars to follow the Marvel road map. 10 year plan with numerous movies/ story lines, culminating in an epic finale. It would diverge from the family soap opera of the originals, but at this point it's all they can do with the franchise.

Sticking with a Skywalker/Palpatine story is just going to continue feeling forced and will fail.

Of course I'm all for giving Luke a proper send off, but I doubt we'll ever see Han again, and of course Leia is no longer feasible.

Sucks the 1 shot of having the original 3 back ended in disaster

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
Favreau was a Disney golden boy long before Kennedy took over Lucasfilm, lets not forget that

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If Jon Favreau is behind it, I have faith it'll be 1000% better and done in an acceptable manner.

Thing is, they could spin off Star Wars to follow the Marvel road map. 10 year plan with numerous movies/ story lines, culminating in an epic finale. It would diverge from the family soap opera of the originals, but at this point it's all they can do with the franchise.

Sticking with a Skywalker/Palpatine story is just going to continue feeling forced and will fail.

Of course I'm all for giving Luke a proper send off, but I doubt we'll ever see Han again, and of course Leia is no longer feasible.

Sucks the 1 shot of having the original 3 back ended in disaster
Ford is a money whore and will do whatever if they back a big enough money dumptruck up to his house.
images

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
I can see Jon starting a new storyline with Mandalorian and minor characters from the movies/tv shows. Just get away completely from anything Skywalker related.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can see Jon starting a new storyline with Mandalorian and minor characters from the movies/tv shows. Just get away completely from anything Skywalker related.
No we need a trilogy about starting a new Jedi order so all the younglings can inevitably get murdered again.

• 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
I know the OT has been beaten to death but seeing some more side stories that parallel the timeline akin to Rogue One would be interesting. Make some new shit up, go wild. The Mandalorian could do some really cool shit thanks to his age on the show. As a child during the Clone Wars you could easily revisit the past and see things like Coruscant during the Galactic Civil War and potentially right after the Battle of Endor. You know, the stuff we wanted to see in the Disney trilogy but didn't.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So if this happens, does this mean all my action figures from the new trilogy will be worth something some day?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So if this happens, does this mean all my action figures from the new trilogy will be worth something some day?

Yes. Tell your bitch of wife your plan will pay off and she needs to let you have that 5th shelf to yourself.

Sevens

Log Wizard
There hasnt been a good Star Wars movie since The Empire Strikes Back
(Return of the Jedi was mediocre at best, pretty fuck lame tbh)

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users