Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Rude

Potato del Grande
Is Feige a legit SJW peddler now or is that over embellished bullshit from this website? Not that I had much interest in phase 4 MCU, but if that's the case you can count me out entirely.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Is Feige a legit SJW peddler now or is that over embellished bullshit from this website? Not that I had much interest in phase 4 MCU, but if that's the case you can count me out entirely.
i have no way of knowing what he actually thinks, but in many interviews he spouts the worst SJW shit.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Let's drop another mic on 'em 1 time for the boys

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1594244259452.png

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

I will murder everyone involved.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Star Wars

"It's shocking to hear that to me," she says when asked if she thinks about her place in the herstory of Star Wars. "Although I know it's true because there are so few of us that are allowed to sit at the table, so to speak, and many, many more that are still not allowed. It's an honor in the sense that I feel incredibly grateful and lucky. I also would say that... I think Fran would agree with this, that a lot of this business is luck. A lot of it is."

The Star Wars films at large have been criticized for the LGBTQ representation shown (and not shown) on screen, as well as the lack of women appointed to director positions behind the camera. It's what adds to the significance of Headland's role in this next iteration. "I think that when you're working at a disadvantage, meaning you are part of an oppressed or marginalized community, it is very difficult, as they say, to become what you cannot see," she says.

It's that reason that motivates her to keep writing, even though it's perhaps her least favorite part of the entire movie-, TV-making process. "I don't love writing. Writing is terrible," she admits. "Pitching is exhausting. When people are like, 'How do I pitch?' I'm like, 'Well, sit down for a second, let me explain it to you because it's working on the project for six months until they tell you you didn't get the job.' Especially larger-level projects like big IPs, like Star Wars and Marvel and DC. It's like, 'Strap in, because it's a lot of work.' But the hardest part is getting in the room."
She continues, "The number one way to get into the room is when people send the elevator back down for you." That's what she hopes to do more of. "The real joy is when I read a young woman's script, or a young woman of color's script, or a young LGBTQ writer and say, 'Oh my God, this is great. This is great. I'm going to send this off to this person. You know who I know would love this? It is so and so. I'm going to send that to that person.' I don't say that in an altruistic way or yay me, or I'm a good person. I'm saying that actually makes me happy."

• 1Barf

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre

I'm not sure I understand, could you link a reference?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
How blind do you have to be to not realize Disney is a full blown sjw company at this point?

• 1Rustled

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Err... Do you REALLY fucking care, at this point, if Brie Larson is in StarWars?
The saga is completely utterly dead and buried 6 feet under, with concrete on top.
The more shit they throw at it, the more I laugh.

• 1Solidarity

fris

Vyemm Raider
She could play a female antagonist who gets thrown down an exhaust pipe and we all cheer at her demise. Star wars cant make any worse decision at this point. I sY encourage any new idea. If the put out more shit, I'll continue to not watch it.

I've rewatched the original trilogy several times on D+, yet to see the last movie . I gotta think someone's looking at the view numbers

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Err... Do you REALLY fucking care, at this point, if Brie Larson is in StarWars?
The saga is completely utterly dead and buried 6 feet under, with concrete on top.
The more shit they throw at it, the more I laugh.
Clone Wars was a great show and Ashoka was one of the main reasons why. I don’t want that ruined as well.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They've already cast(ed) and filmed Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka in the Mandalorian (at least I assume Season 2 is done filming and in post-production by now), there's little chance Ahsoka ever shows up in a movie and even less chance that they recast the role away from a well known actress.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From a business perspective a character that is not going to be a one-off they don't want to cross-cast actors between two universes (Marvel and Star Wars) because there would inevitably be filming and contract conflicts through subsequent movies/shows.

Feige's wishes were from last year and this year we've already learned they are going more all-in on the Rebels followup and related timeline, so Ahsoka is likely not going to be a one-off.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
From a business perspective a character that is not going to be a one-off they don't want to cross-cast actors between two universes (Marvel and Star Wars) because there would inevitably be filming and contract conflicts through subsequent movies/shows.

Feige's wishes were from last year and this year we've already learned they are going more all-in on the Rebels followup and related timeline, so Ahsoka is likely not going to be a one-off.

keep in mind Disney has cold feet on Captain Mavel since Spiderman went to Sony.

They wanted Brie to do something with Spiderman so she could showcase more personality.

Sony ultimately told Disney/MCU "No", simply put.

• 2Like