Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Who the fuck cares what Lucas regrets. Here is a hint, if you want to control the story and characters you created then DONT FUCKING SALE THEM! I mean honestly tired of hearing about how sad he is...boo fucking hoo. Im sure your 4 billion dollars will comfort you on your sad lonely crybaby pity party
billionaire problems.

• 5Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I don't wanna retread anything but I saw this (personally, I've found Midnight's Edge to be pretty good about this sort of stuff) and it puts the article in a bit more context:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
yeah i didnt hear that, i thought George was interested in selling but he didnt want to just give the franchise away and he valued it very highly even though it was dead after Revenge of Sith. he was super salty about his fans still shitting on the prequels years after they finished.
The straw that broke George's back was Red Tails. No one would give him money to make it, and the response pushed him over the edge.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The straw that broke George's back was Red Tails. No one would give him money to make it, and the response pushed him over the edge.
yeah and that was a smart move by the studios, because Red Tails was a giant pile of shit and nobody wanted to see it.

Fucker

Log Wizard
yeah and that was a smart move by the studios, because Red Tails was a giant pile of shit and nobody wanted to see it.

He was really asshurt about not finding any money for it. I notice the guy who directed it hasn't done a movie since.

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Would have liked to see his take on Rome.

Soap opera drama is his specialty. So it's not like Rome would have been something he hasn't done before. HBO did a bangup job though on their own.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He was really asshurt about not finding any money for it. I notice the guy who directed it hasn't done a movie since.
It was such a terrible movie too. There's an old HBO movie called The Tuskegee Airmen that also tells the story of the 332nd fighter group and it's a goddamn masterpiece compared to fucking Red Tails. Fantastic cast too, dudes like Laurence Fishburne, John Lithgow, and Andre Braugher instead of Method Man and Ne-Yo.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
It was such a terrible movie too. There's an old HBO movie called The Tuskegee Airmen that also tells the story of the 332nd fighter group and it's a goddamn masterpiece compared to fucking Red Tails. Fantastic cast too, dudes like Laurence Fishburne, John Lithgow, and Andre Braugher instead of Method Man and Ne-Yo.
Yeah, that was a decent flick IIRC.

I think Lucas had a blood vessel pop after TESB. It led to the creation of Ewoks and Jar Fucking Jar Fucking Binks.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, that was a decent flick IIRC.

I think Lucas had a blood vessel pop after TESB. It led to the creation of Ewoks and Jar Fucking Jar Fucking Binks.
that goes back to how much of Star Wars was actually George Lucas and how much was his ex wife's editing skills as well as others on his crew? Empire Strikes Back wasnt even Lucas directing and it was the best SW movie ever made.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy

Yeah our squadron decided we'd all go see that on a no fly day. Cool cause I wasn't at work and went home early but man the movie was bad.