Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It seemed to me George thought KK was going to draw from his ideas for the sequels and be respectful to the Star Wars legacy but as soon as the ink was dry she threw out any thought of that.
Disney told him they would consult him on future projects to make sure it kept inline with his vision. When they started showing him the new ideas and he didnt approve or had a different opinion, they basically told him to kick rocks. I read about it in Bob Igers book. Id bet a lot Lucas has regret of that sale.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Star-Wars-Terec-and-Ceret-Cropped-1.png

First observed in 2014, the holiday is dedicated to celebrating transgender people and bringing awareness to the discrimination and violence they face. President Joe Biden issued the first presidential proclamation that recognized the holiday.

Making their first appearance in the second issue of “Star Wars: The High Republic,” Terec and Ceret are Jedi bond-twins from the planet Kotab. Analytical and inquisitive, they have a linked consciousness and frequently finish each other’s sentences, even when they aren’t in the same room.

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Finish this sentence then: Who gives a...

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Clone Wars came out of that and was pretty good past the initial shitty movie. I think him losing all control has led to this current woke shit show though which is obviously worse than midichlorians.

Lucas obviously needed someone to rein him in but keep the spirit of his ideas alive.

George's net worth was over 3 billion before he sold out.

He tried to back out of the Disney sale, but the fee was going to be something like 500m to back out of the sale.

They reached a point in negotiations where Disney had certain papers signed-- but no final pricetag on the deal. So Disney begins corporate structuring and preparation for the impending close of the deal, which costs Disney money. Investors start moving differently, the board, the executives start working on initiatives for the new studio acquisition, and so forth. So Iger threatened to sue Lucas Film for about half a billion if George didn't sign off and do what he said he would.

The rest of the details I can't remember. But it wasn't like George was thirsty to sell. The sale was dragged out, protracted in terms of back-and-forth, and George kept trying to change the terms, leading to Iger to issue the threat and just muscle Lucas Film away from him. Granted, George is known to diddle and dally. A cold-feet prone type of guy. Iger was a shark. Sharks eat. He knew what he was getting into by entering advanced talks with Disney.

This is the basis of George's "White slavers" comment. He's still a little salty at how Iger forced the sale-- but he did it to himself.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Disney told him they would consult him on future projects to make sure it kept inline with his vision. When they started showing him the new ideas and he didnt approve or had a different opinion, they basically told him to kick rocks. I read about it in Bob Igers book. Id bet a lot Lucas has regret of that sale.

He has regret because he wasn't all that keen on it. See "White slavers" interview.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He tried to back out of the Disney sale, but the fee was going to be something like 500m to back out of the sale.

They reached a point in negotiations where Disney had certain papers signed-- but no final pricetag on the deal. So Disney begins corporate structuring and preparation for the impending close of the deal, which costs Disney money. Investors start moving differently, the board, the executives start working on initiatives for the new studio acquisition, and so forth. So Iger threatened to sue Lucas Film for about half a billion if George didn't sign off and do what he said he would.

The rest of the details I can't remember. But it wasn't like George was thirsty to sell. The sale was dragged out, protracted in terms of back-and-forth, and George kept trying to change the terms, leading to Iger to issue the threat and just muscle Lucas Film away from him. Granted, George is known to diddle and dally. A cold-feet prone type of guy. Iger was a shark. Sharks eat. He knew what he was getting into by entering advanced talks with Disney.

This is the basis of George's "White slavers" comment. He's still a little salty at how Iger forced the sale-- but he did it to himself.
i thought he priced the IP above what Disney paid for Marvel, maybe he was expecting Disney to back out, but they said "sure!" and called his bluff.at the time it seemed like Disney would do this justice like they were doing with Marvel. i mean holy shit, who could have predicted that within 10 years we would have Rock pilots, pansexual Lando, Luke slurping milk from the tits of a giant green slug, Mary Poppins Leia and tranny jedi twins that look like NPCs?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i thought he priced the IP above what Disney paid for Marvel, maybe he was expecting Disney to back out, but they said "sure!" and called his bluff.at the time it seemed like Disney would do this justice like they were doing with Marvel. i mean holy shit, who could have predicted that within 10 years we would have Rock pilots, pansexual Lando, Luke slurping milk from the tits of a giant green slug, Mary Poppins Leia and tranny jedi twins that look like NPCs?

It was a little more nasty. George overvalued the company, and Iger had to beat the shit out of him in negotiations. The first term Disney had to deal with was George remaining on with Lucas Film as executive.

Once they reached the finish line, George tried to back out-- but I can't remember the exact reason offhand because this is going back some years. I'd need to pull it back up. It wasn't over the price. Iger gave him the highball price and George still wouldn't sign. At that point threats were issued by Iger. It was a blow-for-blow negotiation that completely soured by the end of it.

It's on display in the photo of George Lucas signing the paperwork. Iger is smiling. Someone else looks like they just got robbed. He's not happy about it for the aforementioned reasons. Iger did threaten to collect a large fee if he walked away.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Maybe this was all the long scheme of Lucas. Sell for 4B, let KK tank it, rebuy it at 2B and have lower expectations $$$$.

• 1Direct to DVD

spronk

FPS noob
keep in mind nothing jayrebb ever posts is true, so take what he writes with a grain of salt. Lucas is on record multiple times talking about why he sold Lucasfilm and it has nothing to do with that fan fiction

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lucas is on record multiple times talking about why he sold Lucasfilm and it has nothing to do with that fan fiction

What would his reasons for selling have anything to do with negotiations? How about a little reading comprehension.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Moments in negotiations =/= reason for approaching Disney to sell.

Not seeing the connection.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was a little more nasty. George overvalued the company, and Iger had to beat the shit out of him in negotiations. The first term Disney had to deal with was George remaining on with Lucas Film as executive.

Once they reached the finish line, George tried to back out-- but I can't remember the exact reason offhand because this is going back some years. I'd need to pull it back up. It wasn't over the price. Iger gave him the highball price and George still wouldn't sign. At that point threats were issued by Iger. It was a blow-for-blow negotiation that completely soured by the end of it.

It's on display in the photo of George Lucas signing the paperwork. Iger is smiling. Someone else looks like they just got robbed. He's not happy about it for the aforementioned reasons. Iger did threaten to collect a large fee if he walked away.
yeah i didnt hear that, i thought George was interested in selling but he didnt want to just give the franchise away and he valued it very highly even though it was dead after Revenge of Sith. he was super salty about his fans still shitting on the prequels years after they finished.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Lucas was always a libcuck, Luke himself was a terrorist. All about the Empire, maybe not so much the Emperor. Vader did nothing wrong.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yeah i didnt hear that, i thought George was interested in selling but he didnt want to just give the franchise away and he valued it very highly even though it was dead after Revenge of Sith. he was super salty about his fans still shitting on the prequels years after they finished.

I can try to dig it later for you, but no guarantees. There's a good summary of the sale around.

He was interested in selling, but there were terms he didn't agree with. So Iger pushed him along to do what George wanted to do, and he had promised Iger he would do, in the first place. He just needed a nudge.

Bottom line is George wanted to sell. But if Iger was less of a shark, it never happens.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Who the fuck cares what Lucas regrets. Here is a hint, if you want to control the story and characters you created then DONT FUCKING SALE THEM! I mean honestly tired of hearing about how sad he is...boo fucking hoo. Im sure your 4 billion dollars will comfort you on your sad lonely crybaby pity party

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He even tried to cry during the actual 4 billion being handed over, that he asked for Iger to secure. I love the guy but he's a baby and a pussyfoot decision-maker.

• 1Like