Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Tom Cruise as Les Grossman as Admiral Thrawn?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so if by some miracle these movies see the light of day, what, maybe 2027-2030 before Rey comes back on screen? thats a long time to wait for your next paycheck.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
so if by some miracle these movies see the light of day, what, maybe 2027-2030 before Rey comes back on screen? thats a long time to wait for your next paycheck.

They say the Rey movie is first out the gate-- but it wouldn't surprise me if Mangold takes priority by next year, after Rey's new writer can't get a script approved like Lindelof before him. I'd probably wager that's the case.

Mangold's movie has the most legs under it simply because of who he is, and his history of working with Lucas Film to date.

Now if Indy comes out and gets panned, that's a different story.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
They say the Rey movie is first out the gate-- but it wouldn't surprise me if Mangold takes priority by next year, after Rey's new writer can't get a script approved like Lindelof before him. I'd probably wager that's the case.

Mangold's movie has the most legs under it simply because of who he is, and his history of working with Lucas Film to date.

They missed their chance with Rey.

If she got together with the bad boy Kylo Ren and tamed him, that's the female power fantasy and that's how they could have gotten a female audience.

It could have been shit like Twilight or good like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but women would have watched it and manchildren would still buy stormtrooper and millenium falcon toys.

I was shocked when they teased it in TLJ but then they immediatly backtracked and ruined the movie, then they killed him for no reason.

So now they have a spinster and her Jedi School, nobody wants to see that. Best they can do is swole Adam Driver force ghost. What everyone did want to see is Luke Skywalker's Jedi School and his and Leia's Jedi kids. They don't know how to have kids in California anymore.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They missed their chance with Rey.

If she got together with the bad boy Kylo Ren and tamed him, that's the female power fantasy and that's how they could have gotten a female audience.

It could have been shit like Twilight or good like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but women would have watched it and manchildren would still buy stormtrooper and millenium falcon toys.

I was shocked when they teased it in TLJ but then they immediatly backtracked and ruined the movie, then they killed him for no reason.

So now they have a spinster and her Jedi School, nobody wants to see that. Best they can do is swole Adam Driver force ghost. What everyone did want to see is Luke Skywalker's Jedi School and his and Leia's Jedi kids. They don't know how to have kids in California anymore.

I don't know any women into sci-fi or the genre who have anything positive to say about the Rey character. Even casuals seem to be alienated by how isolated Rey was. I've yet to meet any actual fan of Rey.

With a genius like Kiri Hart in charge it's not really any wonder Rey was left as an island for TLJ. An asexual un-relatable island.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't know any women into sci-fi or the genre who have anything positive to say about the Rey character. Even casuals seem to be alienated by how isolated Rey was. I've yet to meet any actual fan of Rey.

With a genius like Kiri Hart in charge it's not really any wonder Rey was left as an island for TLJ. An asexual un-relatable island.
actually Chris is correct on this, the "stans" for Ridley and Driver were seriously dangerous, they were following Driver and his RL wife around and discussing how to kill her or some weird shit. thie romance that never happened was seriously a thing. the movie implied that shit too. they implied that and that Finn was force sensitive. there was even implications of a Poe+Finn space fag romance. a lot of people were unhappy with the series and yeah lots did not like Rey, i dont think anyone liked her. the girls wanted Adam and the guys didnt give a fuck, they just wanted good Star Wars.

i dont believe any of those films get made. the Mangold story hinges on Indy not bombing and if the past present and future films hinges on Indy, then it aint happening.Mangold is Past, Filoni is Present and cha cha choochoo is Future. even if they fast track these films its still going to be a long time before we see Rey again. chick is getting screwed since she cant do anything else because she possibly signed a contract.

Chris

Potato del Grande
actually Chris is correct on this, the "stans" for Ridley and Driver were seriously dangerous, they were following Driver and his RL wife around and discussing how to kill her or some weird shit. thie romance that never happened was seriously a thing. the movie implied that shit too. they implied that and that Finn was force sensitive. there was even implications of a Poe+Finn space fag romance. a lot of people were unhappy with the series and yeah lots did not like Rey, i dont think anyone liked her. the girls wanted Adam and the guys didnt give a fuck, they just wanted good Star Wars.
They should have just done the Rey+Kylo romance and the Poe+Finn romance, it would have been much better than the weird sexless universe they created.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard

All of these projects are going to be blazing failures. I have no idea why KK hasn't been fired. Most of the people mentioned in this thread don't have any kind of success attached to their names and are nothing more than affirmative action hires.

Fucker

Log Wizard

i dont believe any of those films get made. the Mangold story hinges on Indy not bombing and if the past present and future films hinges on Indy, then it aint happening.Mangold is Past, Filoni is Present and cha cha choochoo is Future. even if they fast track these films its still going to be a long time before we see Rey again. chick is getting screwed since she cant do anything else because she possibly signed a contract.
Why are they considering using any of the characters from the disaster movies? Rey movie? No one is going to watch that at all.

At this point, they' do well by putting the IP on a shelf and leaving it there for a few decades OR getting rid of KK and letting someone like Favreau run it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They should have just done the Rey+Kylo romance and the Poe+Finn romance, it would have been much better than the weird sexless universe they created.
Yeah, the whole space virgin aspect makes no sense to me. Even in Mando, they're doing that shit. He has no gf, Bo has no boo. Nobody has anybody. Well except space blimp couple in this week's episode. I guess the writers assume their audience are fat virgins and only want to see fat blimp couples. It should be the opposite. You spend most of your life jacking off in space, you want some type of pussy at your destination waiting for you. Why the fuck would you work in space?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
romance between Poe and Finn would have likely been a significant improvement to the movie, especially if it means that weird spot where Rose sexually assaults Finn never gets filmed.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why are they considering using any of the characters from the disaster movies? Rey movie? No one is going to watch that at all.

At this point, they' do well by putting the IP on a shelf and leaving it there for a few decades OR getting rid of KK and letting someone like Favreau run it.
I said in the Ahsoka thread that KK must have some sort of goods on Iger she could ruin him with. Something like she could blow the whistle on the Lucas Disney deal and some illegal aspects of it. It's easier to let her pretend to be boss while Iger shoots down the unrealistic nonsense she announces. KK announces these things and then they never happen.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So what we are going to discover in the first movie set in the past is the first person to feel the force was female, and she was able to commune with it peacefully and that peace existed in the galaxy. Then a male touch it and was turned to the dark side, and that all males were seduced by the dark side and it started an era of conflict and war.

The second movie, we‘ll learn from Ashoka that the force is female, and cannot be used safely by males without falling to the dark side. Mando will ask the obvious question that there is a history of good male Jedi, and here we will get the big shocker reveal. All good male Jedi were either gays or transgendered.

The final movie will be Rey having come by this knowledge, and having teaching women, gays and transgendered how to use the force which will herald a new era of peace in the galaxy.

I may be off on some details, but I think the core concepts will there. :)

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 5 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
romance between Poe and Finn would have likely been a significant improvement to the movie, especially if it means that weird spot where Rose sexually assaults Finn never gets filmed.
Finn having been raped by a dowdy azn girl is one of the more believable story ideas out there.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
What do you mean sexless, Rey and Poe gave each other googly eyes at the end of The Last Jedi.... because apparently the end of the second movie in a trilogy was when two of the three main protagonists actually met?

Those scripts had much bigger problems than not having a Leia / Han analog.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So what we are going to discover in the first movie set in the past is the first person to feel the force was female, and she was able to commune with it peacefully and that peace existed in the galaxy. Then a male touch it and was turned to the dark side, and that all males were seduced by the dark side and it started an era of conflict and war.

The second movie, we‘ll learn from Ashoka that the force is female, and cannot be used safely by males without falling to the dark side. Mando will ask the obvious question that there is a history of good male Jedi, and here we will get the big shocker reveal. All good male Jedi were either gays or transgendered.

The final movie will be Rey having come by this knowledge, and having teaching women, gays and transgendered how to use the force which will herald a new era of peace in the galaxy.

you forgot to mention Rey's best student, Baby Yoda. he will be in that. otherwise you sound like you stole the script.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

he was apparently in the witcher as stregobor (dont remember), his brother is more famous Mads aka Hannibal aka Galen Erso
He is Thrawn. He is the voice actor on Rebels and was the favorite pick among fans.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
oh cool, never knew he was the VA for Thrawn in Rebels. Are the people they got for Rebels in Ahsoka also from the animated show?

ROTJ will be in theaters end of the month for 40th anniversary

rotj-in-theaters-40th-celebration-onesheet_1e34d642.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

The first Jedi will be a black woman lesbian. They already retconned Dr Who in that way lol.

• 1Like