Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
oh cool, never knew he was the VA for Thrawn in Rebels. Are the people they got for Rebels in Ahsoka also from the animated show?
Nah, just Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan, they brought back Steven Blum for Zeb, and now Lars for Thrawn.

spronk

FPS noob
the background poster now also includes Old Republic so i'd expect some SWTOR stuff in upcoming years to start trickling out too

GettyImages_1480602825_copy.0.jpg

theres still that show set during High Republic (Acolyte) and Skeleton Crew is set during the First Order (Mando) time I guess? New jedi Order is the new movie with Rey. Dawn of the Jedi is the Mangold first Jedi movie.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Mando, Ahsoka, and Skeleton Crew are considered in the New Republic time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
oh cool, never knew he was the VA for Thrawn in Rebels. Are the people they got for Rebels in Ahsoka also from the animated show?

ROTJ will be in theaters end of the month for 40th anniversary

rotj-in-theaters-40th-celebration-onesheet_1e34d642.jpeg

Ezra, Sabine, and Hera aren't being played by the voice actors but Thrawn is. If Zeb continues to make appearances would have to assume Steve Blum would continue to voice, not sure who's doing the mocap. I'm sure Kallus will make an appearance at some point but unfortunately the VA is a black guy so that's kind of out. So far I guess we're what, 50/50 for live action characters being played by the same actor? Bo-Katan, Saw, Thrawn, Zeb on one side and Ezra, Sabine, Hera, and Ahsoka on the other. Probably others I've missed.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
the background poster now also includes Old Republic so i'd expect some SWTOR stuff in upcoming years to start trickling out too

GettyImages_1480602825_copy.0.jpg

theres still that show set during High Republic (Acolyte) and Skeleton Crew is set during the First Order (Mando) time I guess? New jedi Order is the new movie with Rey. Dawn of the Jedi is the Mangold first Jedi movie.
I really hope they make the content in each of these eras thematically consistent, though merely trying to be 'good' would also help.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I guess they weren’t content with the assassination this far. Have to come back and put some more bullets in the Luke Skywalker character for good measure. So be lost his victory over the emperor via his father in the new trilogy. So let’s go ahead and make sure Rey establishes the Jedi order again with minor inconveniences because clearly Rey is better than Luke.

This was the one thing I was a fervent fan of. But I’ve recently started selling off my stuff. I have a 1997 re-release ESB movie poster still on my wall that will be gone soon. I have debated deleting my laserdisc rips and downloads of the despecializsed editions. I still have my DVD and maybe BD copies of that and the prequel trilogy. I tossed TFA in the trash recently. From a time I didn’t grasp what was about to happen. I wonder if a Darth Malgus statue would sell? I’ve sold everything of value otherwise. Mostly the 80’s toys in great shape. Had the original VHS versions of all three OT movies and a weird collector VHS of Episode 1 that some asshat bought off me for more than I expected.

• 1Rustled

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I guess they weren’t content with the assassination this far. Have to come back and put some more bullets in the Luke Skywalker character for good measure. So be lost his victory over the emperor via his father in the new trilogy. So let’s go ahead and make sure Rey establishes the Jedi order again with minor inconveniences because clearly Rey is better than Luke.

This was the one thing I was a fervent fan of. But I’ve recently started selling off my stuff. I have a 1997 re-release ESB movie poster still on my wall that will be gone soon. I have debated deleting my laserdisc rips and downloads of the despecializsed editions. I still have my DVD and maybe BD copies of that and the prequel trilogy. I tossed TFA in the trash recently. From a time I didn’t grasp what was about to happen. I wonder if a Darth Malgus statue would sell? I’ve sold everything of value otherwise. Mostly the 80’s toys in great shape. Had the original VHS versions of all three OT movies and a weird collector VHS of Episode 1 that some asshat bought off me for more than I expected.

Kennedy also tamped down on questions about whether Luke is going to force ghost and appear to Rey at all in her movie. It was a pretty firm no.

She didn't shy away from downplaying the possibility of him appearing and she had quite a bit prepared to say about that-- which means that's already in the fabric of the movie itself, despite being unusual this early in the writing process considering they don't have a script.

The agenda hasn't changed at all. Creatives and the Story Group haven't budged an inch, even in the post-Kiri Hart era.

Lindelof having Luke as a force ghost make even one appearance may have led to their falling out of the Rey project.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The real question is is any of this shit she's spewing ever actually going to happen? A lot of projects have been announced over the years and almost none of them made it past the announcement stage. I call bullshit on everything she says until it actually is in theaters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The real question is is any of this shit she's spewing ever actually going to happen? A lot of projects have been announced over the years and almost none of them made it past the announcement stage. I call bullshit on everything she says until it actually is in theaters.

Isn't there some piece of trash Rogue Squadron movie that was announced over 5 years ago? What happened to that? No update even at the announcement of these 3 new movies. I'm leaning toward none of them get made myself based on that.

These movies lack star power, and yet they're going back to the same well again trying to force something that was never there.

Finn was the closest thing they had to being able to anchor a compelling interesting Hero's journey story and they scuttled it after TFA. At that point the franchise was dead in the water as soon as they discarded the Finn character in favor of politics.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Isn't there some piece of trash Rogue Squadron movie that was announced over 5 years ago? What happened to that? No update even at the announcement of these 3 new movies. I'm leaning toward none of them get made myself based on that.

These movies lack star power, and yet they're going back to the same well again trying to force something that was never there.

Finn was the closest thing they had to being able to anchor a compelling interesting Hero's journey story and they scuttled it after TFA. At that point the franchise was dead in the water as soon as they discarded the Finn character in favor of politics.
There have been several trilogy announcements that were cancelled. Some shit with Kevin Feige, some shit with Damon Lindelof, some shit with Patty Jenkins, some shit with Dan & Dave, that Rian Johnson shit. Some project with the cheese thief herself. All scrapped.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what we are going to discover in the first movie set in the past is the first person to feel the force was female, and she was able to commune with it peacefully and that peace existed in the galaxy. Then a male touch it and was turned to the dark side, and that all males were seduced by the dark side and it started an era of conflict and war.

The second movie, we‘ll learn from Ashoka that the force is female, and cannot be used safely by males without falling to the dark side. Mando will ask the obvious question that there is a history of good male Jedi, and here we will get the big shocker reveal. All good male Jedi were either gays or transgendered.

The final movie will be Rey having come by this knowledge, and having teaching women, gays and transgendered how to use the force which will herald a new era of peace in the galaxy.

I may be off on some details, but I think the core concepts will there. :)

Wheel of Time (Amazon) already did that. And since most Hollywood movies are derivative drek, it's almost guaranteed that you are right.

• 1Like