Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Rumor is starting to be that the Game of Thrones dudes and Rian Johnsons trilogy are the same thing, they're working together, not on separate trilogies.
Given what Rian did to 8 and B&B are doing to GoT, dear God yes. Just make it an all-encompassing black hole of shit, that not even hope can escape from.

Then Kennedy, Bob Iger, and everyone else can be shitcanned and written in the history books as Hollywood's greatest monsters (non-murderer / rapist division), and the entire IP can go dark for a decade until a Feige type can come in and properly build a new plan from the ground up.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Who is she anyway (I know her current role, but beyond that) and how did she rise to power?

The cliffs are she was a personal assistant to Steven Spielberg.

Spielberg said she was a bad secretary but valued her production ideas.

Her first pseudo-credit was Raiders of the Lost Arc in '81.

She began co-producing movies with Steven Spielberg.

Her major breakout was E.T.

She was then working alongside George Lucas for The Temple of Doom in '84-- which Lucas wrote the story for.

She continued with the entire Back To The Future trilogy.

She formed a production company in '91 that got a deal with DreamWorks.

Kept working with Spielberg in '93 on Jurassic Park + Schindler's List.

Kept working with Spielberg on The War of the Worlds and Munich in '05.

Got Academy Award nominated for Munich.

Produced Steven Spielberg's Lincoln in '12 which received 12 Academy Awards.

2012 she left her own production company and within 30 days she signed a deal with Lucas Film to be co-chair alongside George Lucas.

When the sale with Disney went through, she was promoted to President of Lucas Film by Disney.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
JJ Abrams had a very unpleasant experience working with Lucas Film's story department during the pre-production of TFA. So much, that he scoffed at the idea of doing Episode 9 until Kennedy forced Spielberg to call in a favor.

People often wonder "Who is the face of the "story department"

The boss of the story room is on the far left here, seated. Her name is Kiri Hart. Senior Vice President of the Story Department. (It really is called the story department)

D&D will have to contend with this film-making heavyweight if they want to make a movie at Lucas Film.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
D&D: places to go, cinematic universes to shit on.
GoT, check!
SW, here we go!

Siliconemelons

As for the fan Vader fight- it was very well done- only the part where he threw it looked bad as it was done for effect and visual vs "reality" of the situation. If he did what he did, he should have killed him right then and there with that move.

I do like that they kept obiwan's fighting style from the prequel series- so that's good

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The cliffs are she was a personal assistant to Steven Spielberg.

Spielberg said she was a bad secretary but valued her production ideas.

Her first pseudo-credit was Raiders of the Lost Arc in '81.

She began co-producing movies with Steven Spielberg.

Her major breakout was E.T.

She was then working alongside George Lucas for The Temple of Doom in '84-- which Lucas wrote the story for.

She continued with the entire Back To The Future trilogy.

She formed a production company in '91 that got a deal with DreamWorks.

Kept working with Spielberg in '93 on Jurassic Park + Schindler's List.

Kept working with Spielberg on The War of the Worlds and Munich in '05.

Got Academy Award nominated for Munich.

Produced Steven Spielberg's Lincoln in '12 which received 12 Academy Awards.

2012 she left her own production company and within 30 days she signed a deal with Lucas Film to be co-chair alongside George Lucas.

When the sale with Disney went through, she was promoted to President of Lucas Film by Disney.
So basically rode in on the coat tails of giants...

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So basically rode in on the coat tails of giants...

And she was never a "woke movie" producer prior to signing to Lucas Film and getting full control of a studio to herself.

Her own production company in the 90's had her as a 50% partner.

My guess, she hired the story department according to filling quotas and what's socially acceptable-- then she got bit in the ass.

What's she going to tell dominant black woman Kiri Hart? "Tone it down"? No. Just picture another feminist telling a feminist they need to cut the cheese. She can't. It's a faux pas to suggest adjusting these movies to be more like the feminism of the OT rather than the new brand that isn't as well-received in the ST.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

lol look at the imdb page for this chick
Michelle Rejwan - IMDb

was Jeff Garlins assistant on curb your enthusiasm, casting assistant on the Office, then apparently JJ Abrams assistant for 3 years, then suddenly she is a co-producer on Star Trek Into Darkness, then The Force Awakens, then Rise of Skywalker. Now President of whateverStarWarsShit.

like... wtf. I guess talent really doesn't matter too much in Hollywood, just who you are "an assistant" to

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
lol look at the imdb page for this chick
Michelle Rejwan - IMDb

was Jeff Garlins assistant on curb your enthusiasm, casting assistant on the Office, then apparently JJ Abrams assistant for 3 years, then suddenly she is a co-producer on Star Trek Into Darkness, then The Force Awakens, then Rise of Skywalker. Now President of whateverStarWarsShit.

like... wtf. I guess talent really doesn't matter too much in Hollywood, just who you are "an assistant" to

I mean you do realize that's how most of these people get up in the Hollywood world. Even Feige started out as an assistant to Donner.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been looking for it and I suppose it doesn't exist yet, but if there is ever a Snoke's Throne Room fight scene fan remake (YouTube), please post the video here.
The scene has been broken down as being bad over and over by all sorts of experts, but I look forward to a creative FX fan redoing the scene to fix those problems and make them great.