STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™ (PS5, XSX, Steam, Epic) - early 2023

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Actually. Fuck. Over 30 right? 1991ish? To 1994?

motherfucker. Where’s my glasses?

• Heir to the Empire (1991)
  • Dark Force Rising (1992)
  • The Last Command (1993)

Fuck.me. we are fucking old

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The grandiose delay announcement are nauseating. Just come out and say "shits not ready yet, tough shit go play harry Potter some more. Don't worry, we'll get it out before tears of the kingdom stomps us"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The grandiose delay announcement are nauseating. Just come out and say "shits not ready yet, tough shit go play harry Potter some more. Don't worry, we'll get it out before tears of the kingdom stomps us"

Seriously. We all know it means “Thing is still buggy as fuck and some game breaking bugs are not fixed yet”. Easy.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

spronk

FPS noob
out this week, review embargo lifts apr 26th (game launches 2 days later) so should have plenty of info. some user on twitter got a copy this weekend and leaked info

seems to be fine, but we should hopefully see a DF analysis of the game wednesday. 30 hours or so main story plus a few more to 100%, sounds about right. I 100%'d the first game on ps5 and series X and enjoyed it a lot, after watching Andor, Mando, Bad Batch, etc I'm ready for another good star wars game and hope this delivers

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dumped the first one after like 4 planets because it was so fucking boring to play a mediocre Souls-wannabe with nothing but retarded ponchos for "loot". Sounds like this one has improved on the first in pretty much every possible way though.

Really wish EA would add Play Pro as an optional upgrade to the EA Play that comes with Xbox Game Pass. Going to sub for a month to play this, but I'd much rather be playing it on my Series X without having to wait almost a year for it to move to the base tier.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah if you have a PC sign up for 1 month of EA Play Pro for $15

you can cancel immediately and still have access for 30 days and you can complete Dead Space and Jedi in that time, pretty great deal for PC gaming. I'm getting the disc on PS5 (assuming DF doesnt say it runs like shit on wed) so I can give it to my brother when I'm done

Vorph

The game pre-loads at 42GB .... well shy of its final release size.
You're on Xbox? That's the Series S version and it should download another 100+GB patch after it finishes to upgrade it to Series X.

PC preload is something like 128GB. A bit short of the 155GB they said in system requirements, but maybe that was based on the day one patch being applied.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
You're on Xbox? That's the Series S version and it should download another 100+GB patch after it finishes to upgrade it to Series X.

PC preload is something like 128GB. A bit short of the 155GB they said in system requirements, but maybe that was based on the day one patch being applied.

Hmmm its still sitting at 44GB...any way to force it to download the 100+ GB?

Vorph

Hmmm its still sitting at 44GB...any way to force it to download the 100+ GB?
Can try to force it to check for updates if it doesn't do it automatically I guess.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
looking good, much higher than i expected considering the lead is a straight (?) red headed white male

waiting for the digital foundry tech reviews, sounds like the PC version may have some minor perf issues and console versions may have minor pop in at resolution mode

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
What did the original get for reviews? I found the original to be boring as fuck.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
original was high 70s. it sounds basically like if you like the first game you'll like this, if you didn't like the first game you won't like this. I really liked the first one.

this one does have a lot less ponchos and more actual shit in chests which was my only real complaint, other than it being super easy to get totally lost on some of the maps

• 1Like

Vorph

I think (or at least hope) that the game will be great even for people like me who thought the first one sucked.

The worlds sound vastly larger, which I guess makes sense considering the download size is tripled. And there's way more Jedi stuff this time. Expanded skill trees, more force powers, five lightsaber stances, perks, etc.

And maybe best of all: Cere Junda seems to have a smaller role this time, plus at least some of that tripled install size went to making her face mesh much less bug-eyed and creepy. I kid (mostly), but all the modelling and texture work for characters does look vastly superior this time.

• 2Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think (or at least hope) that the game will be great even for people like me who thought the first one sucked.

The worlds sound vastly larger, which I guess makes sense considering the download size is tripled. And there's way more Jedi stuff this time. Expanded skill trees, more force powers, five lightsaber stances, perks, etc.

And maybe best of all: Cere Junda seems to have a smaller role this time, plus at least some of that tripled install size went to making her face mesh much less bug-eyed and creepy. I kid (mostly), but all the modelling and texture work for characters does look vastly superior this time.

Hire ugly bug-eyed actress/model, get ugly bug-eyed results. Can't explain that!

• 3Worf

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Can try to force it to check for updates if it doesn't do it automatically I guess.

I tried to launch it and got the "You're too early!" pop-up, but it then proceeded to download the rest of the files.

Vorph

Hire ugly bug-eyed actress/model, get ugly bug-eyed results. Can't explain that!
While she's definitely an example of the modern "attractive women need not apply" theme western games got going on, they really didn't need to take her face scan and dial it up to "human/mon calamari cross-breed" levels.

• 4Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
5/7 ponchos.

In all seriousness, have they talked about this? I haven't followed the game at all since I didn't care for the first one because of this. It was pointless to explore beyond story progression because the only thing there was cosmetics. Have they added actual loot?

• 1Worf