Star Wars: Outlaws

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
looks like the kind of game that'll be great to buy when ultimate edition is 75% off after 4 months

or just buy ubisoft+ on PC for $14.99 for one month at release and play the last years worth of ubi games in 30 days and unsub. probably by the time this is out ubi+ will be on xbox and PSN too i imagine
Oh yeah that a great way to look at it. Ubisoft there going to be an issue with or a mediocre way to the game.

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really like the atmosphere, all the debris always blowing around, etc.

I have so many issues with the game already. It’s look solid with its concept; It’s what we kinda wanted with 1313(RIP) but with kathleen kennedy obsession to make Star Wars a corporate feminist statement. So we get a character that WONT SHUT UP SHE HAS TO TALK ALL THE TIME!

spronk

FPS noob

should see the game trailer in a few hours. honestly if the game doesn't look like shit i'll probably buy the ultimate edition, i haven't bought a new game at all this year so far and of course ubisoft games go on sale super fast but i do like me my open world star wars games

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sweetbaby Inc. was involved so it's just going to be more garbage like Avatar was.

• 3Worf
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Trailer looked good. I do appreciate that the hero and story is about being a scoundrel rather than Jedi.

Remains to be seem how much they fuck up what should be a sure fire hit.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sweetbaby Inc. was involved so it's just going to be more garbage like Avatar was.
That aggregator of shit they are involved in is the first thing I got from Steam in years. Totally worth it. Every game they have been even slightly involved in has been a giant shitpile with woke garbage crammed in.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
As a middle aged man, I've always dreamed of playing an empowered female rogueish character in the Star Wars universe. Finally my dream will come true!

I'm sorry but I just have a real hard time getting myself invested into a video game story where it forces you to play a female. It's different than movies where you can have a strong and compelling character, but if you're supposed to take on the role and immerse yourself in this avatar, just let me play as male.

Hell Mass Effect and Cyberpunk did it right and at least gives you an option which I'm fine with. This might be a fun game but I'll never touch it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
As a middle aged man, I've always dreamed of playing an empowered female rogueish character in the Star Wars universe. Finally my dream will come true!

I'm sorry but I just have a real hard time getting myself invested into a video game story where it forces you to play a female. It's different than movies where you can have a strong and compelling character, but if you're supposed to take on the role and immerse yourself in this avatar, just let me play as male.

Hell Mass Effect and Cyberpunk did it right and at least gives you an option which I'm fine with. This might be a fun game but I'll never touch it.
I was gonna say more or less this. This seems like a perfect example of a place to use the Mass Effect model, which worked great for 3 games. Both voice actors did fantastic jobs, with slightly different takes on the protagonist.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I was gonna say more or less this. This seems like a perfect example of a place to use the Mass Effect model, which worked great for 3 games. Both voice actors did fantastic jobs, with slightly different takes on the protagonist.
I mean I understand it's going to cost a bit more, but you figure with at least people like me I'd be willing to pick it up and play it, whereas I don't want to have to be pigeon-holed into playing strong waman. It's just those other two games did such a good job of allowing either character fantasy. It's like why the hell would you learn from some of the greatest games ever made?

If we're going to go whole hog on motion capture and top notch voice acting, why not go all the way.

It can't be that there is that many women buying and playing video games to justify a decision like this. I'm sure this has been argued ad nauseam and gamer gate and other threads, just still annoys me.

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A long fucking game with a mostly silent protagonist and no woke shit, I am gonna play a female avatar so I dont have to stare at man ass all 100 hours of the fucking game. First person actively voice acted protagonist? Yeah probably going to go with something I can identify with. There are exceptions (OG Femshep, Shawni from Beyond Good and Evil, and the first Horizon game) but they are rare and often come down to shitty voice actors for the male version.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A long fucking game with a mostly silent protagonist and no woke shit, I am gonna play a female avatar so I dont have to stare at man ass all 100 hours of the fucking game. First person actively voice acted protagonist? Yeah probably going to go with something I can identify with. There are exceptions (OG Femshep, Shawni from Beyond Good and Evil, and the first Horizon game) but they are rare and often come down to shitty voice actors for the male version.
there's so many things to pull apart here loooooool

• 2Worf

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Female protagonist doesn't bother me at all as long as the game itself is good--which is could easily have been if Massive had developed it without outside interference--but it's yet another case of a western studio taking an attractive model and uglying her up for the woke audience (complete with manjaw to make the trannies feel at home) that doesn't actually buy games.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Female protagonist doesn't bother me at all as long as the game itself is good--which is could easily have been if Massive had developed it without outside interference--but it's yet another case of a western studio taking an attractive model and uglying her up for the woke audience (complete with manjaw to make the trannies feel at home) that doesn't actually buy games.
lol you people are so picky about jawlines. Everyone wanted to give Aloy a chin-lift yet this chick has a man-jaw? When you're sensitive to literal millimeters of skin you might actually the one with the problem.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I don't really understand the hate for having to play a female. If the character is written well with a good story around her I wouldn't care.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
there's so many things to pull apart here loooooool
Not really, unless you are going to say I am a homophobe for wanting to watch a half naked chick beat the shit out of things instead of staring at man ass in games like Dragons Dogma or similar as my free time escapist entertainment. And the other part is as Vorph touched on the quality of the content, which is a mix of the voice acting (OG Mass Effect Trilogy pretty much is the prime example where the female version was superior), the writing (just compare Last of Us or Horizon ZD to their respective sequals), and pandering to woketards (Alloy being ugged up, Gigantor from TLoU 2, Suicide Squad, ect) for no gain to gamers.

Literally everything Sweet Baby Inc has touched has bombed hard. Everything. Entire studious have ceased to exist due to their influence.

• 2Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Didn't realize this was a Ubisoft game. I'll just wait for the Black Friday deal.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Didn't realize this was a Ubisoft game. I'll just wait for the Black Friday deal.
I won't install their client on any of my machines so I just won't play it no matter what the price.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I don't really understand the hate for having to play a female. If the character is written well with a good story around her I wouldn't care.
Because I'm a fucking guy and identify as one. I just can't immerse myself into a game if I'm playing a woman, my brain doesn't work that way. Shouldn't be a hard concept and should be pretty normal for most guys.

Again it's different if it's a movie or book, but if I'm the one who's playing the character, it just doesn't work for me, no matter how great the game is.

• 1Solidarity