Star Wars Rebels

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
She's not dead, they show her heading deeper into the Sith temple.
I think it was actually left a bit vague. Filoni himself was very cagey about it in aninterviewafter the finale aired.

IGN, when the site interviewed Filoni about the Star Wars Rebels season 2 finale, flat-out asked if Ahsoka did in fact survey her encounter with Vader - something that 'Twilight of the Apprentice' heavily implies without properly "confirming." Here is Filoni's response:

Is that what you saw? That's so interesting. That's so good. You know I think it says a lot about who you are, which is great. You're an optimist, and I think that that's strong, I think that that's strong. [Laughs] It's an interpretation. I mean, the thing for me in this moment in time with this story - and I was pretty clear about this from the beginning in that Rebels is not Ahsoka Tano's story, nor is it Darth Vader's story, and we worked really hard to bring those characters into the story. But ultimately, I have to service Ezra and Kanan, and the crew of the Ghost. So a lot of that episode is portrayed through their eyes, and especially Ezra's, as he witnesses this kind of titanic thing happening.
The novel that will be coming out that focuses on her is set before the Rebels timeline.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
He can say whatever he wants about Ezra and Crew, but unless they retcon something major the only guy we'll see before we phase into New Hope timeline is a blind Jedi Master.

Ahsoka's fate and the Sith parallels is why I'll watch season 3. Everything else is pleasing fluff.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I think it was actually left a bit vague. Filoni himself was very cagey about it in aninterviewafter the finale aired.

The novel that will be coming out that focuses on her is set before the Rebels timeline.
Doesnt really matter what he said. You can clearly see her.

Royal

Freddie Prinze Jr. and Sam Witwer were guests on Jedi Council this week talking about how the Rebels sausage gets made and a little bit of discussion about S3 though of course they're not able to get too specific on that front.

Skip to 44:20 for the part of the show that focuses on Rebels.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
^Great video. Hearing those guys talk about Star Wars made me start watching Rebels.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
rofl I didn't realize they tapped Starkiller to do so much voice acting for Clone Wars/Rebels

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I generally don't listen to podcasts and stuff and ended finishing that one. I agree about Filoni, he should really get a crack at a live action movie. Hell if the guy from Blur Studios can crank out Deadpool, there's already a good reason to give him a chance.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Finally saw this ending. Fucking Ezra "I REALLY need more training" had me rolling. Pretty God damn epic finale.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I will say them flying with their lightsabers was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in Star Wars, right up there with gungans and force avatars.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah if I had one complaint that was it. Just... what? How do we even pretend that works?

But the fights were epic. Old Master rules.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great ending, but it seemed to be that they made Ahsoka a bit too strong? Maul seemed to outclass her, yet she survived(?) a fight with Vader, whom Maul said he could not defeat. Plot? ;p

Cybsled

Well, she does have history with Vader. He could have been conflicted enough so that she was able to get out of the fight with her life.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If it helps any, it wasn't the lightsaber blade that was making them fly, it was the (way too small) vent thingies on the ring part of the hilt that they showed.

You could always pretend the thing was a repulsor lift and not a tiny fan.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
with as awesome as this show has gotten this season, I gave the helicopter lightsabers a pass, but they were on my radar. I go full kid mode when it comes to Star Wars

Royal

Jedi Council has been on a roll with the in studio guests lately. This week it's the voices for Ashoka and Obi-Wan from Rebels and Clone Wars.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
No new footage yet, but there is a rumor that Thrawn may be in season 3. Dave Filoni tweeted something about 'truth in every legend' and posted a pic of the spine of an EU book. Nerds discovered it was Heir to the Empire.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
One of the new books ended with hints at a character that seemed a lot like thrawn, but supposedly it isn't. I'm guessing he's going to be a human version of thrawne.

I don't know who david felony is, but I'm excited anyway.

Royal

One of the new books ended with hints at a character that seemed a lot like thrawn, but supposedly it isn't. I'm guessing he's going to be a human version of thrawne.

I don't know who david felony is, but I'm excited anyway.
Filoni is the producer for Rebels.

I think we will most likely see Revan introduced via the holocron. He came close to using him in Clone Wars.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
No new footage yet, but there is a rumor that Thrawn may be in season 3. Dave Filoni tweeted something about 'truth in every legend' and posted a pic of the spine of an EU book. Nerds discovered it was Heir to the Empire.
Mara Jade's first appearance is in Heir to the Empire too. I'd almost like to see her more than Thrawn.