Star Wars : Rogue One

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
No it's a teaser trailer that Disney has shown only in a few closed venues.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't remember but the basic premise is this is going to feature the mission/quest/whatever that leads to Leia getting the death star plans right? It's not going to be further back?

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Well no Leia. But its about the first rebel victory over the imperials as described in the Crawl of ANH, So I assume at the end somehow the plans get on the Frigate Leia was on but obviously we wont see her.

I could def see the Emp/Darth and/or Sen Organa making a cameo same with C3P0/R2 though I dearly hope not and its a gritty war movie. Jimmy smitts has aged enough to play himself again since this is set sometime after ROTS.

Would be really cool if they show Alderan getting blown up but from the perspective of the population but I think that is a reach.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rumor has it we'll see Hayden reprise his role as Darth Vader in this one. Maybe even get some Ian as Palps again too. Would be nice to see them again.

spronk

FPS noob
Rumor has it we'll see Hayden reprise his role as Darth Vader
FdiTK76.jpg

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Maybe this is going to be the Winter Soldier of Star Wars. Yes it will be completely different than a typical space opera. But in a good way. Perhaps we will get a more grounded spy thriller but with the requisite fighter scenes and big action pieces.

Royal

Vader will supposedly play a small role as will Tarkin. They're going to digitally recreate Peter Cushing from old footage.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
In an early interview about it, it was referred to as the Saving Private Ryan of Star Wars. Its going to be pretty gnarly in spots I think.

Royal

In an early interview about it, it was referred to as the Saving Private Ryan of Star Wars. Its going to be pretty gnarly in spots I think.
I've seen it called the Black Hawk Down of Star Wars also. A successful but costly mission. They have the director of photography from Zero Dark Thirty doing the same job for this one. I hope it is more like Saving Private Ryan in tone. Black Hawk Down doesn't have nearly as much re-watch appeal.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
If this is anywhere close to Black Hawk Down im sold. would love to see a grittier star wars, just keep that shit out of my anthology movies.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Rumor has it we'll see Hayden reprise his role as Darth Vader in this one. Maybe even get some Ian as Palps again too. Would be nice to see them again.
You'd like to see Hayden Christensen again? You've seriously got horrible taste, but at this point, I'm pretty sure you're flaunting it