Star Wars : Rogue One

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They weren't replacing them with fakes, they were just replacing them after firing the canon, showing that the crystals can get "spent", and that's why the empire is basically harvesting planets dry of them.

I meant Saw Gerrera's group. When they attack the transport in the middle of the road they open up the containers that have big kyber crystals inside and then seem to put new crystals in the containers and close them back up again.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I meant Saw Gerrera's group. When they attack the transport in the middle of the road they open up the containers that have big kyber crystals inside and then seem to put new crystals in the containers and close them back up again.
I'm pretty sure it's what I said, but I'll have to take close look on round 3 later this week. I pretty distinctly remember them swapping new ones in before firing again

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Saw it with the family yesterday. Meh. I found aspects of TFA annoying but overall I'd rate it over RO.

I didn't really feel any connection to the characters except maybe the CGI robot, which is bad. There just seemed to be so many characters and they and their backgrounds and relationships were all underdeveloped.

The CGI humans were interesting but the technology just isn't quite there. They looked a little weird and I'd have been fine with just casting someone who looked similar to the originals.

Much of the movie just seemed to slog along until it picked up in the final act. Even the final act seemed to get a little sloggish.

I know a lot of people thought it was corny but I thought the final Vader scene was awesome. Would have been cool if he could have taken out some of the main characters as well. I also appreciated the final connection of delivering the plans to Leia.

Siliconemelons

while I agree that it would have been "better" had some of the main crew been killed off via Vader, I don't think getting them and him together- as it stands now with the flow and plot would have been good. I still think he should have taken out a lot more dudes than 1 hallway and not been within force grab range of the plans.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Saw it again today, family movie time. Still think its not very good, too many things to pick at with the story and writing.

-Empire ship arrives at Gaylen's farm at the beginning. Gaylen calls Saw and says "He's here, he's found me." Saw: "You know what to do." Obviously he's been planning for this for years right? And the plan was to surrender himself to the empire and abandon his family... Dude has a whole f'ing galaxy to hide in and that's the best he could do. Lol, ok. Just go ahead and surrender, let your wife kill herself, and after you let them kill her help create the weapon that will eventually kill your daughter. Good plan. But maybe someday the rebels will mount an unlikely assault on it and actually hit the one weakness you put in, so it was all worthwhile, right?

-People gushing about the ending, but the whole setup for it was ridiculous. Some rebels don't believe the death star exists, some are ready to surrender, no consensus. But a small band is ready to follow this total stranger chick to their deaths for something the bosses aren't even sure exists. Ok, fine. But lol at this - bombs start to explode on the imperial archive planet. The rebels intercept a transmission that the planet is under rebel attack!! They actually have a scene where the rebels are fueling up their ships on the ground back at the rebel base, after the bombs have gone off. They fuel them up, get them in the sky, jump across the galaxy, and are attacking the empire ships as the battle on the planet is still pretty much getting underway. No planning needed in this new Star Wars universe, cause distance and time mean absolutely nothing.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Saw it again today, family movie time. Still think its not very good, too many things to pick at with the story and writing.

-Empire ship arrives at Gaylen's farm at the beginning. Gaylen calls Saw and says "He's here, he's found me." Saw: "You know what to do." Obviously he's been planning for this for years right? And the plan was to surrender himself to the empire and abandon his family... Dude has a whole f'ing galaxy to hide in and that's the best he could do. Lol, ok. Just go ahead and surrender, let your wife kill herself, and after you let them kill her help create the weapon that will eventually kill your daughter. Good plan. But maybe someday the rebels will mount an unlikely assault on it and actually hit the one weakness you put in, so it was all worthwhile, right?

-People gushing about the ending, but the whole setup for it was ridiculous. Some rebels don't believe the death star exists, some are ready to surrender, no consensus. But a small band is ready to follow this total stranger chick to their deaths for something the bosses aren't even sure exists. Ok, fine. But lol at this - bombs start to explode on the imperial archive planet. The rebels intercept a transmission that the planet is under rebel attack!! They actually have a scene where the rebels are fueling up their ships on the ground back at the rebel base, after the bombs have gone off. They fuel them up, get them in the sky, jump across the galaxy, and are attacking the empire ships as the battle on the planet is still pretty much getting underway. No planning needed in this new Star Wars universe, cause distance and time mean absolutely nothing.
ending was way too convoluted to be enjoyable with the whole retarded heist plot. it's pretty stupid to think that in a Universe with laser swords and light speed travel that they are using a satellite dish to transmit data.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So it's okay the death star super weapon is a giant satellite dish attached to your mom's dildo, but for actual communication that's a bridge too far? Good to know.

Caliane

suggesting satellite dishs are new or dumb is odd.
However, they did very clearly say they needed the big satellite dish... because the file was too large. not, because they needed more power to break through the shield. no.. no.. even the SHIP one did that, with flipping the "master switch". no. the FILE was too large to transmit over a smaller dish.

but really starwars has always had some silly tech things. there are no railings in Starwars. There are giant pits everywhere, in every city/building. And there are always controls to random things in the middle of those pits, with no railings.

spronk

FPS noob
you missed a line pharazon about one of the rebel generals (i think someone from the rebels animated show) joining jyn & co to attack scarif and then the reports of the attack get all the rest of the rebels to join in

but yeah galen's "plans" at the beginning were pretty shitty and I think the story would have been far better if he thought his family was dead due to a rebel terrorist attack and worked for the empire as revenge. the whole plot would have to shift but I think you could have still incorporated the fuse idea, you could have gotten rid of the useless director krennic character, and gone deeper into the characters of jyn, galen, and mom and had a better tale of misdirected revenge and redemption.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Was the plan not just to get his wife and daughter into the bunker for Saw to rescue later on? I'm not sure the plan at that point had anything to do with planting a weakness in the Death Star. His hologram message seemed to confirm that he only thought of doing that much later on

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
yes, the entire Saw plan was that the wife and kid would be hiding in the bunker in the cave, please come get them.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah his confrontation with Krennic was to buy Jyn and Lyra time to make their getaway. Lyra just didn't follow through on the game plan. She had come to despise Krennic for the threat he posed to the family and the pillaging of planets that he had been directly responsible for.

I don't think Galen had any notions as to designing in a weakness to the Death Star at that point either. His message seemed to indicate that was an idea that came to him later, once he realized they were far enough along in their research that they would eventually be successful without him. He couldn't stop them by refusing to cooperate, so he cooperated in order to better position himself to stop them.

• 1Like

Royal

you missed a line pharazon about one of the rebel generals (i think someone from the rebels animated show) joining jyn & co to attack scarif and then the reports of the attack get all the rest of the rebels to join in

That was Admiral Raddus, the grey Mon Cal at the Council meeting. He's an original Rogue One character. He hasn't appeared on Rebels. Not yet anyway.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
another huge problem with this movie is that the girl looks exactly like Vigo Mortensen.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i think the most remarkable thing about Star Wars is how we now have an expansive, living universe that all came to life from a half-baked movie script that George Lucas wrote when he was stoned out of his mind. like, when Lucas wrote Obi Won's line in IV where he mentions he was in the Clone Wars, you know there was absolutely no thought that went into that other than Lucas thinking to himself "hmm what's a sweet background I can give this guy... what if he fought in the CLONE WARS... fucking dope!" yet now we have several movies and a multiple TV shows based on this seemingly ridiculous idea in Lucas' head.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

What's even more remarkable is that people who clearly don't care for the current take on all of Lucas' half-baked ideas continue to invest the time and money into watching them anyway.

Though now that I think about it that shouldn't be surprising. It's just born out of their own half-baked notions that by watching the movies it will actually make others who didn't care what they thought in the first place suddenly start caring.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
What's even more remarkable is that people who clearly don't care for the current take on all of Lucas' half-baked ideas continue to invest the time and money into watching them anyway.

Though now that I think about it that shouldn't be surprising. It's just born out of their own half-baked notions that by watching the movies it will actually make others who didn't care what they thought in the first place suddenly start caring.
So what are you saying here? I shouldn't have watched the movie because I didn't like it? How was I supposed to know I wouldn't like the movie without first watching? Furthermore, are you suggesting that I shouldn't share my opinions on the movie just because they trended more negative? Is having honest discourse about movies frowned upon by the likes of you? When did you become such a fucking retard? I'm sure there are plenty of Star Wars lovers forums you can go jack off about this movie if that's what you need in your life.