Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I hope Luke is either the new Emperor or a Sith or is a total fucking badass with the wisdom of Yoda and Obi-Wan and fucks some shit up.
Unfortunately the toy my kid has of the villain says he's looking for the last fucking Jedi. I dunno I might be paraphrasing.

I think it would have been awesome if Luke had became a Fake Emperor. The purpose being Leia not wanting to take the risk of a unified Remnant. So since he was the last one seen with Darth Vader, Luke rallies the Imperials together so that he can act as false figurehead and direct the involvement of the Imperials for the New Republic.

These new guys The First Order found out. So now there's a 3 way war with the Imperials in a civil war.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Select theaters are going to all day marathon the first 6 movies starting at 4am on opening day right up to premier time for TFA.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
No, it's the Falcon

VIIwingFlaconbase.jpg
I've been flipping out all day over 10 second clips, but its fucking awesome how they can make this look like what we saw in that little Poe/Finn teaser. I feel like a kid again. I'm driving to my sisters house tomorrow during MNF just so I can watch the new trailer with my 8 year old nephew so I can see the look on his face and freak the fuck out with him.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Why is Ford featured so prominently?

Because he dies. Like he was SUPPOSED to in episode V.

Also LOL@ probably those spoilers from a year ago being spot-on. If that's the case, it'll actually be a really good story.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
As long as the characters are good IDGAF, turning established characters into something else like the Boba Fett rumor is fuckery of the highest order.
2nd

Oh nos a non white and a non male gonna be da leads? Not like it's gonna be Barbershop 2. But a black Mandalorian? fuck that!

spronk

FPS noob
they should have just marathoned the original trilogy, is there seriously anyone who wants to watch the phantom menace

i'll be F5ing all day tomorrow the two theaters near me that have reserved seating, hope they put tix up. i've heard multiple times when tix are supposed to go up, like noon, 7pm PST, 8pm PST... so unclear
frown.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's so you can show up at noon and all the kids will be long asleep, tuckered out by Jar-Jar.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Luke being a sith or even the emperor? Wow.....talking about investing so much in a character and in the end was a waste of time....

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I really am getting a definite Bastilla Shan (from Knights of the Old Republic) Jedi Consular sort of vibe from Rey. Be particularly cool if the Consular type of Jedi becomes semi-canon. That does look very Death-Star ish, but yeah I can see it as a hollowed out ice planet necessary to cool your star destroying super weapon because ice is much colder than space...

Well it is a semi-fantasy space opera

Also what the hell is on Leia's head? I know the Amidala women are known for odd hairstyles but good lord.
But...Bastilla Shan was a Sentinel...

Anyway Death Star 3!

Another super weapon..just like the 50 super weapons in the books and all that stuff!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I can buy it though. I mean if you are making a Death Star (and a back up Death Star) and in an Empire that is spanning the Galaxy you know there is some other crazy shit out there you're building.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
You had me at marathon and lost me at 6....
I dunno what they're planning on charging for it but I assume it's one ticked for all 6 movies. They're showing them in numerical order though, so you can get your ticket and just skip the first half of it.