Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
So you see Rey crying on top of something in a snowy setting halfway through the trailer.. then you get Finn trying to square off with who I'm assuming is Kylo Ren in a snowy setting at the end of the trailer...

Could they really give away that much in a trailer? Probably, fuck me.
Looks like something hairy... could be Chewie or an Ewok depending on when they go after Vader's Helmet.
Also, the woman's voice sounds a bit like Lupito's. Could she be a force user from before the purge now hiding out as a pirate?

Calling it now, if the ice planet is really the super weapon, those trenches open to expose the laser.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It would be pretty hilarious for them to retcon the EU killing of Chewbacca out of existence only to kill Chewbacca in episode 7. Lulz.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
XfeiDyp.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yes, that actually looks amazing from a story perspective. Like a bunch of old people everyone thinks are full of shit. Then fucking Jedi show up.

When you think about it it makes perfect sense, the Empire destroyed everything (even records) it could find, if you look at Luke who actually saw him and Vader fight? No one who's alive, really. Luke goes into hiding, Vader is dead... are you going to believe some dude can throw shit with his mind and uses a laser sword having no basis for it?
How do you erase 4000+ years of history that fast though? I mean, I sorta get it, and it's cool as shit, but its a little tough to believe.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How do you erase 4000+ years of history that fast though? I mean, I sorta get it, and it's cool as shit, but its a little tough to believe.
The same thing has already happend on earth where ancient civilizations have vanished. You still have people who don't believe we landed on the moon. People tend not to believe what they don't see in person. Especially when in Star Wars everything is tech based, how easy would it be to destroy those records if they wanted to?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone in this movie besides Han Solo have any lines? I mean, I get using the Williams' music, but I'd like to actually hear someone say something in a trailer.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's the supernatural elements that people would think exaggerated. Kind of went over this in some thread a while back but look at it this way - in a galaxy with tons of tech and superhuman creatures, the mere act of being superhuman isn't exactly unique. If you once in a lifetime see a Jedi you are basically like "damn that guy runs as fast as those really fast aliens down the block".

Especially since they seemed basically ceremonial for hundreds of years by the point of Palpatine, they probably were looked at like Tibetan monks putting on sword fighting shows because they didn't actively go after anyone.

Plus if you take the prequels as canon most Jedi were completely shit anyway and only a couple were bullshit powerful and those ones were sequestered if Jedi or hiding if Sith.

I don't think it's an unreasonable premise that people hold incredulity towards what was at best a children's story when they were around.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Left of R2 and above Ball bot, Who/what is that?

Also, Death Star MK3 looks to have an atmosphere in the poster... must be the Ice planet
Consensus is that its Maz Kanata, she lives on the forest type planet with a lot of the in atmosphere dogfighting going on. Don't want to say a lot more as it could get spoilery.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It could still be uber bad, but the action/starship shit at least looked well done, not full of a million CGI micromachines where you can't see shit going on through the sensory overload.
Very much this.

That scene at 1:35 in is probably the best TIE fighter kill not performed by an asteroid that has ever been shown. The X-Wing shreds one of the TIE's wings then adjusts to land the killing shot.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
If anyone is complaining about why no one believes in Jedis and shit, you need to go rewatch Star Wars and/or shoot yourself.

Even the fucking Empire doesn't believe in it. Guy shit talks Vader 5 minutes into the film and basically tells him to fuck himself, his couch, and the Force. Han mocks it as an ancient superstition. And that was 30 years earlier...

That scene at 1:35 in is probably the best TIE fighter kill not performed by an asteroid that has ever been shown. The X-Wing shreds one of the TIE's wings then adjusts to land the killing shot.
Definitely stood out. As did the REAL locations without CGI fucking backdrops everywhere.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Between Episode 3 and Episode 4 you had people forgetting about a time 20 years earlier when they had councils of Jedis in giant, conspicuous buildings who would get sent to do menial tasks like making sure trade talks are going well. That's already a bit more far fetched than this

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah even in the prequels the Jedi had faded into legend in many places. you had major players in the Galaxy who had never met a Jedi not had any idea what they were capable of. In fact they start ep 1 that way.