Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Who even cares if they shit all over the prequals? Seriously, listen to your retarded selves, complaining this movie not caring about the lore established by the prequals. You literally need to get nerd cancer and die for thinking like that.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My friend is pretty bent out of shape because it looks like Luke didn't rebuild the Order and isn't following the EU .

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I'm digging the speculation that Luke actually fell to the dark side and is a bad guy in this, which is why they are showing nothing of him. I hope it's true.

kylo ren being lukes apprentice.....hnghh.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Also, we're talking about a galaxy with thousands of planets. It's not exactly far-fetched to think some places wouldn't be that in touch with events that only a microscopic fraction of people experienced firsthand. Even the planets involved directly in the war would probably barely know who Vader was, if at all, and even then they'd think he was just some Imperial commander and not a practitioner of crazy magic. I doubt Imperial News was doing "Vader, he's just like us!" personality segments on their entertainment channels.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Thanks Miguex, I have not been looking at anything SW so I don't feel gutted like after watching Ep. 1...

I am a bit happy with the new Vid, not all is lost just yet.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just let it in...

Btw, A+ on the soundtrack for that trailer. Comes as no surprise since John Williams is the greatest composer of our lifetime. Academics like to mock him or make light of his music, but once he's gone, he'll be looked back upon like a Mozart.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Just let it in...

Btw, A+ on the soundtrack for that trailer. Comes as no surprise since John Williams is the greatest composer of our lifetime. Academics like to mock him or make light of his music, but once he's gone, he'll be looked back upon like a Mozart.
No, he won't (assuming you were referring to future academics thinking he's Mozart). It's like thinking the literary world will eventually equate George RR Martin with William Faulkner. Whether fair or not, it's just two different worlds.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Seems like they hit the tone of the movie much better than I expected.

Seems like the acting here is way better so far and the CGI blends nich more cleanly. Wonder if that's lesson learned from the last debacle or just tech advancement.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
No, he won't (assuming you were referring to future academics thinking he's Mozart). It's like thinking the literary world will eventually equate George RR Martin with William Faulkner. Whether fair or not, it's just two different worlds.
As someone who has not only studied music history but has taught it at the university of level, I'm fairly confident in my statement. Historians like to break things down into eras and associate major composers to that time:

Baroque - Bach
Classical - Mozart
Romantic - Beethoven
Early 20th Century/Modern - Sousa, Stravinsky, Strauss
Post Modern - Bernstein, John Williams, Andrew Lloyd Webber

Of course you can add on dozens of names for each category, but these will be the ones that resonate through time for the impact they had and will still have long after they are dead. This is the man that wrote the music for:

Indiana Jones
Star Wars
Jaws
Harry Potter
Jurassic Park
The Olympics
Superman
E.T.

Genius is genius. The comparisons to Mozart or any other composer on that list is fair. He's one of the GOAT.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
The movie is obviously exactly like the leaked script. For the love of god don't read it like i did! Trailer was great but the second teaser gave me chills.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So chance that the cloaked dude with a metal prosthetic right hand touching R2 is Luke? Pretty much 100%?
rrr_img_113369.jpg

both his hands are "human color"

and this one is full on droid arm
rrr_img_113370.jpg

which would mean at some point he musta gotten his fake skin burned off, if that's luke.

Cepaqua_sl

shitlord
Watched trailer 30 times, first couple viewings couldn't hold back the tears of joy. Got my Thursday night 10:20pm ticket, snagged the last back row/center seat. East coaster, not even a blizzard will stop me from going.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just let it in...

/agree

Adding my 2? for Hans Zimmer. Everything he creates is a masterstroke.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So you see Rey crying on top of something in a snowy setting halfway through the trailer.. then you get Finn trying to square off with who I'm assuming is Kylo Ren in a snowy setting at the end of the trailer...

Could they really give away that much in a trailer? Probably, fuck me.
Its a popular fan theory that Finn will get killed which has a great effect on Rey, /shrug, not sure if that was part of the leaked script that might have been fake.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So rey will be the next jedi?
IDK, yes that would be the assumption. I don't know how the hell Finn is supposedly up to speed with going into a lightsaber battle in the first place given only the length of the movie to be trained in the first place? And by who, Luke? Of course maybe that's why he dies, heh.

I've forgotten everything I read about that leaked script and we shouldn't be putting big spoilers in here I guess, I want to avoid them myself at this point.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
While I would love to see Luke succumb to the dark side I don't see that happening here. (Unless a more powerful force for good reveals itself in these movies there's no way Luke Skywalker could be turned).

/speculation is fun!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems like they hit the tone of the movie much better than I expected.

Seems like the acting here is way better so far and the CGI blends nich more cleanly. Wonder if that's lesson learned from the last debacle or just tech advancement.
I think its just that this film wasn't made by a hack fraud.