Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Siliconemelons

I just want to know how Jurassic World is said to have made more money than this movie in the weekend? lol but I don't think StarWars momentum will end, and its merch is insane and never ending.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just want to know how Jurassic World is said to have made more money than this movie in the weekend? lol but I don't think StarWars momentum will end, and its merch is insane and never ending.
China. It killed in China where this did not open.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The next person who reports a spoiler in this thread, when it clearly says "Spoilers No Longer Enforced" is getting shawed for 24 hours. heh
tongue.png

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its like people on FB..."can everyone stop talking about Star Wars, we aren't seeing it until the day after Christmas". Bitch, what? I might see it a second time by then, get your shit together.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I curious to know if the people who are down on this movie, did you guys grow up with the originals? I did and everyone I know who did thinks pretty much the same thing. While not the 'greatest movie ever', it sure as hell felt like a Star Wars movie, certainly one that belongs with the original trilogy of movies. Unlike the prequels which left a bad taste in the mouth every single time you walked out of the theater. I can't even quantify the disappointment that was TPM, I don't care how much clapping there was when Darth Maul died.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Its like people on FB..."can everyone stop talking about Star Wars, we aren't seeing it until the day after Christmas". Bitch, what? I might see it a second time by then, get your shit together.
Yeah that shits annoying. I had someone going off on a friend of mine for talking about it on their Facebook and I was like "If you don't want spoilers for the worlds possibly largest movie release ever...maybe you should stay off the worlds largest social media site."

khorum

Murder Apologist
At the part in Rey's force-vision of her past, the voice that tells her "Quiet Girl" while her younger self is crying "nooo come back" sounds like Max Von Sydow wearing a vader mask or something. It's around 0:51 here:

Sendvid - Instant video upload

They didn't show an explicit link between Sydow's character and Rey in the film, but the leaked scripts definitely portrayed one and even in the theatrical release, von Sydow's character is consistent with the Jedi Collector character the leaks said he was.

Does the novelization cover his character more fully?

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
At the part in Rey's force-vision of her past, the voice that tells her "Quiet Girl" while her younger self is crying "nooo come back" sounds like Max Von Sydow wearing a vader mask or something. It's around 0:51 here:

They didn't show an explicit link between Sydow's character and Rey in the film, but the leaked scripts definitely portrayed one and even in the theatrical release, von Sydow's character is consistent with the Jedi Collector character the leaks said he was.

You got the whole movie tucked away somewhere?
biggrin.png

khorum

Murder Apologist
Well it's already "tucked away" in the usual places. Definitely wanna see it in theaters tho.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well it's already "tucked away" in the usual places. Definitely wanna see it in theaters tho.
Yea I found a spot on the high seas, was waiting for my usual spot of "land" but it's not up yet. They do have Revenant and Hateful Eight though. I will be going to see it a 2nd time in the theater this week...it is definitely one you want to see on the big screen for the full effect.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Come to think of it that clip is unusually good quality for a cam... it was linked here earlier so I don't actually know where it's from. The audio quality is good enough that you can tell the person that says "Quiet, Girl" to young Rey is wearing some kind of suit or mask though.

Also the dude wearing a komuso-style helmet---the one that gets stabbed by Ren's saber---seems like he was attacking Rey in the vision. Then the camera pulls away to show Kylo's knights of Ren in the rain.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I sort of expected some connection, I didn't really get any other reason for his character otherwise.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

When Rey first heard the children crying that lead her to Anakin's Saber, I immediately thought they were the screams of the Padawans Anakin rekted in 3. Anyone else think the same thing?

khorum

Murder Apologist
She had an earlier, much shorter recollection with just the girl's cry though. Before the full vision in Maz's palace. I just downloaded the novelization but apparently there's more stuff about her past in Greg Rucka'sBefore The Awakeninganthology. He's actually on the "canon board", I'm not sure if Alan Dean Foster is.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
When Rey first heard the children crying that lead her to Anakin's Saber, I immediately thought they were the screams of the Padawans Anakin rekted in 3. Anyone else think the same thing?
Yea, I think all the queues in those scenes were basically a few major events she picked up on in the force.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Come to think of it that clip is unusually good quality for a cam... it was linked here earlier so I don't actually know where it's from. The audio quality is good enough that you can tell the person that says "Quiet, Girl" to young Rey is wearing some kind of suit or mask though.

Also the dude wearing a komuso-style helmet---the one that gets stabbed by Ren's saber---seems like he was attacking Rey in the vision. Then the camera pulls away to show Kylo's knights of Ren in the rain.
In that recording it really does sound like someone in a helmet. But when I was in the theater it sounded exactly like the fat alien trying to buy BB-8 from her with food rations, and I remember clearly seeing his fat chubby hand on the little girls shoulder.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Wow.... that first leak of the novelization really makes Kylo's dialogue with Han mean a whole lot more. I'm definitely picking up the novelization. Seems like this is going to fill in a few gaps.