Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
38m
Reactions
1,497 4,060 0 0
I really enjoyed Episode VII, but when Plinkett talks about how the story could have been told in a way that's true to Star Wars without being a copy of it, it really does seem like it could been way better. Here's hoping they take more chances with the future movies.

Drakain

Lord Nagafen Raider
2d 15h 41m
Reactions
660 34 0 0
I'm willing to bet they will take more chances going forward. They had one job with 7 and that was to get the general population excited about Star Wars again. I'd say mission accomplished. Rogue One will be the true test if they can pull off the side stories. And 8 will have to go it's own direction away from safe space.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
<Donors Crew>
Reactions
10,392 3,224 0 0
Yeah you can appraise 7 in two ways. One would be purely as a story telling device with no other considerations. The other is in light of what it had to accomplish in terms of the broader scope of the franchise going forward. It had been 32 frickin' years since the last Star Wars movie before it that truly felt like one had been made. They had to restore fan confidence in Lucasfilm still knowing how to make those. They did it by returning the franchise to a familiar footing and gave themselves a lot more freedom to stretch their wings going forward.

If they fail to do so then I'll start holding it more against them.

Xadion

24d 19h 59m
Reactions
8,209 529 0 0
7 in every perpective, in every light and aspect is a bazzilion times better than ep 1,2, and 3. It did as stated above, got people focused back on StarWars in a good way - it successfully washed the taste of 1,2,3 out and left people wanting more.

Fadaar

That guy
<Donors Crew>
14d 20h 44m
Reactions
1,851 127 0 0
If Rogue One ends up being the massive success we're all hoping it can be then Disney might let more stuff fly with other movies, but I think even ep 8 and 9 are going to be fairly 'safe'.

j00t

Trakanon Raider
13d 1h 19m
Reactions
1,441 241 0 0
yeah. the "main episodes" are probably going to just be status quo. that's probably always been the goal, with the "extra" films as opportunities to explore new ground.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
<Donors Crew>
Reactions
10,392 3,224 0 0
The only scene that Abrams shot in IMAX, shown in it's full scale (IMAX scale starts at 1:34, you'll notice when it shifts in full screen).

Chris

Trakanon Raider
7d 22h 20m
Reactions
1,636 546 0 0
This guy needs an editor.

He makes some good points but does things like have crazy rants at his critics about the relevence of drop pod lighting over an hour in and tells them not to watch his video as it isn't for them, when any critics have already nearly finished the video.

He even provides timestamps in the first comment which correspond to the number of videos he should have cut this up into.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
36d 3h 10m
Reactions
9,874 901 0 0
So who the hell taught Rey about periods? Who would have shown her how to use tampons of pads?

She was wrapped in gauze the whole movie, I think she was prepared. She could just wad some of her outfit up and stick it up her cooch.

Chukzombi

Slayer of Kerafyrm
69d 9h 45m
Reactions
79,927 4,489 0 0
She was wrapped in gauze the whole movie, I think she was prepared. She could just wad some of her outfit up and stick it up her cooch.
i'm sure she was a menstruation expert. everything she deicded to do she was tops.

Rhanyn

Knight of the Realm
8d 6h 55m
Reactions
164 6 0 0
Dude, they can travel at light speed, I guarantee someone sat down and figured out the everlasting gobstopper of tampons at some point. Or she uses the force to hold it all up in there, and opportunistically force throws the stored up blood ball at her enemies...

Dom

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reactions
8,017 1,613 0 0
Menstrual blood was probably a valuable commodity on Jakku. She traded that shit in for "portions"

Malakriss

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reactions
2,539 253 0 0
Padme was 32 and she couldn't survive child birth, perhaps human females in the Star Wars galaxy don't have their first reproductive cycles until much later because they have such a weak constitution especially when sandy vaginas are involved.

Arbitrary

<Donors Crew>
58d 4h 40m
Reactions
15,685 399 0 0
Padme was 32 and she couldn't survive child birth, perhaps human females in the Star Wars galaxy don't have their first reproductive cycles until much later because they have such a weak constitution especially when sandy vaginas are involved.
When I first saw that I was convinced that the medical droid was going to kill her. There was going to be a close up on the droid's instrument arm, a tiny blade would appear, and a small yet lethal incision made. Oh no, I can't stop the bleeding I caused! Danger Will Robinson, danger!

Not only did that not happen but she then dies of sadness. "She had nothing to live for" was I think how it was phrased. Nothing to live for? She just gave birth to twins!

Drinsic

privileged shitlord
<Donors Crew>
8d 19h 33m
Reactions
1,238 79 0 0
When I first saw that I was convinced that the medical droid was going to kill her. There was going to be a close up on the droid's instrument arm, a tiny blade would appear, and a small yet lethal incision made. Oh no, I can't stop the bleeding I caused! Danger Will Robinson, danger!

Not only did that not happen but she then dies of sadness. "She had nothing to live for" was I think how it was phrased. Nothing to live for? She just gave birth to twins!
Yeah that was colossally stupid. I think I gave an audible what the fuck at that line in the theater. Lucas can't write for shit.