Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Also the dude wearing a komuso-style helmet---the one that gets stabbed by Ren's saber---seems like he was attacking Rey in the vision. Then the camera pulls away to show Kylo's knights of Ren in the rain.
This is, in my opinion, a massiv thing that will come up in the next movie or the final of the trilogy. I stumbled across this by running my mouth in a conversation with some workmates today. They were unclear on what Rey's flash/force backs were all about and I started going and in mid sentence I realized "holy shit, Kylo actually killed the guy that was attacking Rey" (assuming she was seeing it from the perspective of her younger 5 year old self at the academy). Kylo has some serious issues with toe-ing the line between light and dark. My theory is that Rey was the "one step too far" that Kylo stopped at, which is why its a shock to him when he finally recognizes who she is in the movie.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Luke as the father is just to obvious right now.

There is something else.
I'm with you. I'll eat everyones fucking hat if Luke is the father. It isn't happening. I'm doubling down on Rey being no one besides a quite powerful ex-student at Luke's academy. Kylo/Ben is the Skywalker bloodline in this trilogy.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Any thoughts to the VO from the first released trailer not being in the movie? Luke clearly is talking to someone in it and talks about the "force being strong in my family". No Way they would have that and then have it amount to nothing so I will assume there will be another skywalker besides Kylo.

Also missing from that trailer is Maz handing leia the lightsaber.

See Below:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2 - YouTube
That's from were Luke tells Leia they're brother and sister on endor.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Also Luke is so fucking Jedi at this point he'd know having a wife/lover shit is very non-Jedi. Dude did the whole "dancing around your emotions thing" when he was dealing with Pops Vader, there's no way he'd double down on dumb. He went full chaste monk like Obi-Wan.

Only other thing I can think of is some other Skywalker. Uncle Ben and aunt Beru have a kid somewhere?

HUH_sl

shitlord
If she's Luke's daughter it's predictable. If she's someone else's daughter then it's kinda stupid. I'll take predictable over stupid.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well Kylo knowing who she is would make sense given the degree to which he went to capture her plus his reaction when he found out a girl from Jakku was involved at all.

The whole sequence when the Xwings show up and start kicking ass was very nice. Especially that extended shot of Poe just obliterating Tie after Tie.

moontayle

Golden Squire
The whole sequence when the Xwings show up and start kicking ass was very nice. Especially that extended shot of Poe just obliterating Tie after Tie.
I'm too much of a gamer. Halfway through that all I could picture was the guys he's killing going, "HAX!"

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if they will have some good out takes from this movie. The actors who played Rey and Kylo had to have had a moment where both of them just lost it in a fit of laughter doing the chair scene. I also wonder how much Mark Hamill got paid for his scene at the end.

"Ok, we just want you to turn around slowly and glare like you have so much power that you can barely contain it".

Mark Hamill: " Check Please".

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well he did receive second billing in the end credits right after Harrison Ford and notably before Carrie Fisher.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
I should have mentioned, for kids, I took my 5 and 6 year old. Kylo Ren scared the shit out of them both. They loved Rey and had no idea why I was so fucking hype about the ending. The 5 year old cheered every time she saw Chewie and cheered him on when he rampaged. I was worried it would be too dark, they did ok though and are really into it.
I was wondering how young kids would react. I was six when new hope released but don't remember being scared. After seeing force awakens I could see my five year old twins freaking the fuck out on those Ren scenes. We shall see...

Is Poe the greatest highest skilled rebel fighter pilot ever ?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think you have to make the distinction between force and non force...and Im just going with best pilot

Force using pilot: Anakin, even Obi-Wan said he was the best fighter pilot in the galaxy.

Non force using: Wedge Antilles or Han

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another thing that struck me is that Kylo's "fall" (really his final no-turning-back point of killing Han, we skip the early backstory of his fall to the dark side in this) was sooo much better than the entire Anakin fall arc in the prequels. Kylo's was essentially no more deep than a KOTOR game, but it still blew Lucas' nonsense out of the water. So with almost two decades of time in between, Lucas couldn't come up with something half as good as this fall in three movies, yet TFA did it in a couple years with a generally thin plot and script. What a hack, thanks for ruining the most iconic villain of the franchise with your total lack of film capability.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I was wondering how young kids would react. I was six when new hope released but don't remember being scared. After seeing force awakens I could see my five year old twins freaking the fuck out on those Ren scenes. We shall see...

Is Poe the greatest highest skilled rebel fighter pilot ever ?
My kids (8, 9) were scared at times. The Japanese hentai monsters on the freighter and several intense Kylo scenes were the ones they specifically called out.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If she's Luke's daughter it's predictable. If she's someone else's daughter then it's kinda stupid. I'll take predictable over stupid.
Why is that stupid? Why everything has to revolve around Luke, Leia and darth vader? With such a big fucking universe, only 3 people have the Force in them?
You call stupid, i call the predictble lazy writing.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm too much of a gamer. Halfway through that all I could picture was the guys he's killing going, "HAX!"
Lol, I was thinking the same thing. I had flashbacks of Battlefield 1942 when I was wrecking shit in a Zero and people were screaming I was a hacker ;p

Max Landis is getting a bunch of backlash because he called Rey a Mary Sue. Now my twitter feed is full of random media critics and internet personalities telling everyone that if you don't love Rey and the movie then they're sexist and probably racist too. I actually got blocked by a few people because I argued that Rey was more of a Mary Sue than Luke Skywalker or Harry Potter. I wonder how long before the internet articles start being uploading denouncing anyone who doesn't love the movie as Hitler loving Nazis.
And god, I hate it when people throw out the Mary Sue shit. This may surprise people, but it is physically possible for someone to be really good *gasp* AT MORE THAN ONE THING! HOLY SHIT!!! Not everyone needs to have a fucking meth addiction or be an idiot at everything except one thing like they're some alternate universe Rainman. I mean, it's frickin Star Wars.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Apparently SW is just not a big deal in China. The last SW movie made an abysmal 9m in China. It still pulled in half a billion world wide this weekend which astronomical.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens takes $517m as box office records tumble | Film | The Guardian
Very true, but I think Disney put a full on marketing blitz in China this time around that didn't happen with the prequels.

We will see in a couple of weeks if it worked.

And yep, not surprising this rewrote the most of the record books for openings. Disney on its way to making back most of its investment in one damn movie, and there are countless more on the way. The thirst for good new Star Wars is possibly the most powerful force in the entertainment world.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kinda. There is an interview where he mentions he re-recorded parts of it for the trailer, and they actually merged it with parts of his ROTJ, even still in ROTJ he never says "my sister has it,you have that power to"
I thought about this after the fact. The 'you have that power too' is new, he never says this in Jedi. He can only be talking to Rey, correct?

Juvarisx

Florida
I thought about this after the fact. The 'you have that power too' is new, he never says this in Jedi. He can only be talking to Rey, correct?
Or Kylo when he is young at the beginning of his training, but he does say my instead of our. Would discount Rey being his daughter if it was said to her aswell however.