Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
He isn't suppose to be a Vader. Also, I bet kids have a different view of him than adults. Vader was also an incredibly one dimensional character until Empire. Additional, it isn't fair to compare the Kylo character to one of the, if not the, best villains ever.

I felt bad for Kylo by the end of the movie. He was clearly in pain and I think he really wanted to be saved. I loved the character, second only to Rey. He was everything Anakin should have been.
What, a whiny pussy? I thought both characters did a great job of portraying that.

Column_sl

shitlord
Epicstream

I want this to be what happens. I really really do.
That's the most retarded thing I've ever read...

You can never kill the Dark side anyway, it's a balance with the Force.

Snoke goes away another one will follow.

Kylo Ren kills everyone so he could be seduced by the Dark Side to kill Snoke? Fucking idiots

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Epicstream

I want this to be what happens. I really really do.
Seems familiar.

tumblr_n3idhuJaXf1ra4ssmo1_500.gif

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Rey turning to the dark side is so far fetched, that it's only for the sake of plot twist.
You now have a connection with the character, she's the nobody that will become, probably, a jedi night, just like Luke.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Rey is not turning to the dark side. this is Disney you retards. they have billions invested in merchandising this shit and selling 8 year old girls jedi thongs and what not. god damn you people are fucking dumb for even considering that could happen.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
This movie was safe in all aspects. We've seen no indication that Disney would take a risk and have Rey go dark.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yep. Rey is just the latestDisney Princess.

She's basically a jewish Mulan with a lightsaber.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here's how I would frame it up -- would you wear a T-Shirt with Vader's mask on it? Would you wear a T-shirt with Kylo's mask or face on it? Or what little kid would want to be Kylo Ren for Halloween?
I wouldn't wear either because I'm not a neckbearded basement dweller.

There was a little kid wearing a Kylo mask/costume in the row in front of me at the movie...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She was an orange Yoda. She ran a cantina inside her royal palace.
That was a complaint/critique of mine coming out of the theater. She was a "yoda" figure. That was the entire point of her character. Little cute humanoid wise one. More of the callback/mimicry stuff.

I really hope the next movie drops that shit and just decides to be a movie. The fear seems to be that Trek had the same issue but JJ not only continued in the second one but doubled down on callbacks and fan service. If that's the case I'm starting to wonder if the stand alone side story movies might actually be better than the main trilogy. At least they won't feel the need to mimic Ep 4-6 with those.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rey is not turning to the dark side. this is Disney you retards. they have billions invested in merchandising this shit and selling 8 year old girls jedi thongs and what not. god damn you people are fucking dumb for even considering that could happen.
Yes but this is also Star Wars so Rey will be tempted just like Luke and Anikin were.

Her odds of going to the darkside more then temporarily are about the same as Lukes were. That being roughly zero.

koljec_sl

shitlord
They should just introduce a character who is a Zealot, and believes all Force Users are the problem.

Kill them all
The Operative from Firefly. There's a memorable bad guy!

This would also make sense, and yet it would become another reason to hate the bottom-line-dictated IP that Disney controls. Then again, all those 8 year old girls saw Han Solo killed by his son, too.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
That was a complaint/critique of mine coming out of the theater. She was a "yoda" figure. That was the entire point of her character. Little cute humanoid wise one. More of the callback/mimicry stuff.
Well the thing is Yoda is part of an archetype that predates him, is larger than he is, and is usually present in the hero's journey stories. I guess it comes down to should the new story be something other than that?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You forget it is 3D a few minutes into the movie. Pretty clear JJ only did 3D because he was forced to, not because he wanted to utilize it in any way.