Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No but she did talk those two times.
I see. Watched 7 in German, GoT in English. Obviously different voices
smile.png

Column_sl

shitlord
The brother part comes in because of a typo in the opening crawl. Is says something like "LEIA, searching for her brother LUKE..." The Internet is saying that because there is no comma after brother, it indicates that Leia has more than one brother. So the jump people are making is that Rey would be Luke and Leia's brother's daughter. (Which is getting into SpaceBalls territory).

I'm sticking with she's a Kenobi until episode 8. Kira-Rey Kenobi lol. Makes as much sense as Anakin having a love child away from PandaBear.
Hmm never thought of that angle.

I'm trying to think how that is possible. There is no way Vader who was almost 99% cyborg replacements could have had another child, and Padme died after conceiving the twins.

Only way that is possible was for Anakin to shack up with someone before Padme died..

If they are really going with Padme had triplets, and they hid one of the children from the audience the nerd universe will explode with that much hate.

It's just as bad as Lucas's dumb immaculate conception.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Except it did work in sand, seeing as how it was a real prop moving through real sand.
I thought this too, but I read an article on StarWars.com the other day talking about the remote control BB-8 they rolled out at that convention a while back. That version was built specifically for the convention and other appearances and wasn't actually used in the film. All the film BB-8s are either puppeteered by two guys that were removed in post, or 'dumb' BB-8s that they could throw into frame during explosions or whatever and it would always stay upright like a weeble. I was a bit disappointed

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Holy fuck you people have no joy in your lives. About time you guys start bitching about atmospheric flight with tie fighters.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Holy fuck you people have no joy in your lives. About time you guys start bitching about atmospheric flight with tie fighters.
There were tie fighters flying around Cloud City back in Empire. While they were picking up Luke who was outside hanging on an antenna and breathing just fine.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should of never had him take his mask off. I laughed out loud every time he did.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't get why people are making a big deal of that. His character is a whiny millenial sith-lord who wants to be a badass and wants all the coolest tech gadgets like a lightsaber but is too dumb to know how they actually work and how to build them. He's completely emo and overflowing with white force privilege.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I just like to pretend Rey is a clone of Vader...Considering this is JJ...I could be right. Most likely she is Luke's daughter and Kylo killed her mom when he turned and killed Luke's students.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
We saw it again earlier today. I liked it better the second time. I was able to sit back and enjoy the movie without geeking out every five minutes and I was really able to pay attention.

My Rey theory is that she is Han and Leia's daughter. Han doesn't know because he skipped town when Kylo Ren went to the Dark Side and she was born after that. Leia then sent her to Jakku where Lor San Tekka could keep an eye on her. We know 30 years passed between Jedi and VII so the time frame could fit depending on how old Kylo is and how old he was when he turned on Luke.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I just like to pretend Rey is a clone of Vader...Considering this is JJ...I could be right. Most likely she is Luke's daughter and Kylo killed her mom when he turned and killed Luke's students.
There's the other part of that - the fact that Luke's saber was found, the one with the hand attached. Maybe female clone of Luke?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My Rey theory is that she is Han and Leia's daughter. Han doesn't know because he skipped town when Kylo Ren went to the Dark Side and she was born after that. Leia then sent her to Jakku where Lor San Tekka could keep an eye on her. We know 30 years passed between Jedi and VII so the time frame could fit depending on how old Kylo is and how old he was when he turned on Luke.
Official sources have said he's around 29. It sure looked like rey was left in the care of that junk dealer. Lor San Tekka indicated he had been traveling around a lot and had just decided to retire on on jakku. Also, it seemed pretty evident to me that Lor was in a different settlement than where we found rey and the junk dealer since everyone wasn't dead the next day when she went to sell parts.

I think rey is most likely Kylo's sister, but she might be Luke's daughter. Whoever she is, there's no doubt in my mind that Han and Leia knew who she was and that Han told Mas kanada in her bar when she asked about her and then they cut away.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Apex kek potential:

Rey was immaculately conceived by midichlorans.

Just saw the movie. Fucking loved it. The aesthetic was just perfect. Boyega was a joy, and the new girl was great too. They lacked chemistry, but I thnk that will develop over time. Driver fucking nailed the conflicted new-age young adult. Really embracing that chaotic emotional undercurrent of the dark side you see late in anakin's fall was a great call. The villains feel very modern yet timeless. Great job. BB-8 was really loveable and well played. Just enough fan service for my tastes. They did justice to the themes of the original (so far).

Only a couple real complaints. Leia is a disaster, and I wish they just wrote her out. All her scenes were fucking botched, and Ford just puts her to shame. The opening scene should have been a pan-in of a funeral barge hurling her casket into the sun. The other one is that they clearly used this film to set up the Disney-Star Wars-Universe. The above mentioned C3PO lines, and the focus on that 'ace pilot' + Xwing pilots felt really forced.

9/10. Second favourite behind Empire.