Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
maxresdefault.jpg
there's a few problems with today's WWE:

1) the lack of individualism - pretty much everything you see on screen is the product of the same voices sitting around a table in a writing room. back in the day, guy's like the Rock and Steve Austin were given the chance to go out, improvise and be themselves. made for a much more authentic presentation of themselves on camera.
2) the quality of matches - today's stars are probably more athletic but they're much more limited in what moves they can do in the ring. you will rarely see anybody do anything that could potentially result in them bumping their head. hard to take today's style seriously after growing up on the old stuff.
3) the constant push for WWE to be seen as a socially conscious company -- nobody is buying it.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Wrestling hasn't been worth watching since the early ninety's. The moment they started preying on the shallow-minded and desperate people looking for low class bums to relate their lives. Most of it has been borderline pathetic with a few bight moments making it barely tolerable.

They need to bring characters back. Fundamental good guy vs villain storylines. Stop this poor excuse for a soap opera and put something together you can take your kids and have a good time.

I've been salty about wrestling for awhile though...

Anyway, to bring the thread back.... My TFA novel came in today and looking forward to some of the details supposedly left out of the movie. I've heard good things but we'll see in a few days.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Wrestling hasn't been worth watching since the early ninety's. The moment they started preying on the shallow-minded and desperate people looking for low class bums to relate their lives. Most of it has been borderline pathetic with a few bight moments making it barely tolerable.

They need to bring characters back. Fundamental good guy vs villain storylines. Stop this poor excuse for a soap opera and put something together you can take your kids and have a good time.

I've been salty about wrestling for awhile though...

Anyway, to bring the thread back.... My TFA novel came in today and looking forward to some of the details supposedly left out of the movie. I've heard good things but we'll see in a few days.
lol. some of the worst opinions on wrestling ever stated. early 90s was absolute trash all the way up through the beginning of the nWO.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
lol. some of the worst opinions on wrestling ever stated. early 90s was absolute trash all the way up through the beginning of the nWO.
What I meant... the early 90's was the end. When WWF(E) lost the Barbershop and Piper's Pit to the Survivor Series and Royal Rumbles, it went downhill really fast. They can say what they want but when the Hulkamania era ran its course they had no idea where to go from there. I think around 92 was probably the last year I enjoyed wrestling.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh boy we went from Star Wars nerd-dom to Wrestling nerd-dom. We're going to need larger computer chairs for the competitors.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Oh boy we went from Star Wars nerd-dom to Wrestling nerd-dom. We're going to need larger computer chairs for the competitors.
Partially my fault so i'll go back to my other point. Pick up the novel. Really good in my opinion and is a much more fluid story. If you enjoyed the movie, you'll love the novel. Get the TFA Encyclopedia too. I got it for my son and we read it at night and it actually has a lot of character details. I hate that i've fallen for their marketing and merchandise ploy but oh well. Not like i'm paying for a MMO sub right now.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I need to start using that reasoning.

Wife: why did you spend 600$ on an oculus rift?

Well I am not paying an mmo sub right now...

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I need to start using that reasoning.

Wife: why did you spend 600$ on an oculus rift?

Well I am not paying an mmo sub right now...
My wife and I agreed on a "gaming and hobby" budget a long time ago. Works out awesome for me. I can't believe how much money I have to play around with when i'm not playing a MMO in addition to dumping money into games like LoL for skins and crap. I've hardly bought any console games compared to previous years. Gaming is really mediocre right now. I think i've given Nintendo more money than any other gaming company in the last couple of years and that's pretty sad.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
IO9 is saying there's a rumour of an Obi-wan Kenobi trilogy set between episode 3 and 4, and that Disney is talking to Ewan Mcgregor to reprise the role.

But they do stress that it's just a rumour.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The word was Disney wanted to do 12 movies at a minimum, which would be two trilogies and a bunch of stand-alones. But at this point I assume they want to troll Lucas with prequels that don't suck.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
IO9 is saying there's a rumour of an Obi-wan Kenobi trilogy set between episode 3 and 4, and that Disney is talking to Ewan Mcgregor to reprise the role.

But they do stress that it's just a rumour.
I would very much like to see McGregor reprise his role. If the story is good, he'll do very well with the character. IF... if... there is a tie in to Rey in the Obi-Wan story, would be cool but not sure if they're going with the Kenobi grandfather angle.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
After watching The Long Way Round I kind of hate Ewan McGregor. This has nothing to do with Star Wars obviously.